• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lacking compelling ideas, NBC orders a Taken prequel TV series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, sounds like they had a generic action thriller script and changed the names and attached the Taken franchise to it. If this was set in the 80s it would at least be unique.

Such a half baked idea. I enjoyed the first Taken, and even the second one more than most people, but Bryan Mills isn't some iconic action hero like John McClane or Martin Riggs. Most people that have seen the movies don't even know his name.

Downhome

To be fair, I thought this same concept was stupid as hell when I heard that they were going to do it to Bates Hotel and that ended up being one of my favorite shows on TV. The main difference is just that this show is so close to the original release of the Taken movies, so it's just weirder to me.

I think NBC announcing this before they have any writer of showrunner is pretty telling that they decided this on a whim just by looking at numbers, and it doesn't bode well for the show's quality.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I really thought this was going to be related to the UFO/Aliens show. But I guess no-one remembers that any more.

Yeahhhhh this is going to be dumb. The pilot will have someone being kidnapped and whoever has to fill Liam Neeson's shows has to rescue them. And Olivier Megaton will direct it.

Taken Took Hostage DEADMAN

You know, considering he had to get his skills somewhere and the movie was all 'classified' about it, I'm actually kind of cool with this. There were going to have "generic police procedural show" anyway, might as well have some fun with it. As long as they don't pretend the main guy is a good guy, it could less generic. Maybe even worthwhile. I mean, it worked for Person of Interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom