• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga ARTPOP |OT| It could mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

ifoRZTObc8vXa.gif

Banner by Marius_http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=69043
It's not recommended to view this thread on GAF Mobile.
thealbum-fixedptka4.png

gJ62ypZ.jpg
XH640Cl.jpg

The first 500,000 copies of ARTPOP will be specially marked and foiled with both pink and silver (pictured right).​

KEY DATES

Saturday 22nd March 2014 G.U.Y. Music Video
March 30th to April 7th Roseland Ballroom Residency
May 4th to August 6th Lady Gaga's artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball Tour [North America and Canada]​

THE ARTPOP ALBUM
ARTPOP is the upcoming fourth studio album by Lady Gaga. First introduced to the public as an album,
ARTPOP has evolved to become a multimedia project with an application for mobile amongst other things that will be revealed throughout the album campaign.

The album began to flourish in 2011 while Gaga was on tour promoting her third studio album, Born This Way. Following the cancellation of her tour
due to synovitis and a labral tear the album was pushed back and worked on even more until it was announced that the album would be launching November.

Gaga has highlighted that her previous record, Born This Way, was mature. She compares it to ARTPOP by saying that it is much more fun, with a lack of maturity.
The album is inspired by the kind of music she's been creating and the genres she has built upon. The whole point of the album is considered to be reverse Warholian.

Due to it's multi-faceted nature, ARTPOP will include collaborations with several prominent artists - including Marina Abramovic and Jeff Koons (who designed the album artwork) amongst others.​

THE ARTPOP APP
Nobody cares about this, including Lady Gaga

collaboraotrs75ut6.png

gfJ5QB3.jpg
KTueASs.jpg
1tWC90u.jpg
POTJsqM.jpg
OXHreQx.jpg

Tmu8wB0.jpg
uA7wxo7.jpg
kqIpijO.jpg
brDWJ6w.jpg
wFAzpAm.jpg

tracklistingmeuyc.png

OFFICIAL and PROMO SINGLES
Click the album artworks to enlarge
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

h29OdDh.jpg
mAMIh8R.jpg

ALBUM TRACKS
Where available, each clickable track will take you to a legal stream of the full song. If this is not possible, a snippet will be linked instead.

YmPP8NW.jpg

pgk3eaP.jpg

ztoAFmI.jpg
Y9t3rAJ.jpg

ngjpM32.jpg

6KEQ5oY.jpg
ZNJXTMP.jpg

xb336Mx.jpg

videos3fucu.png

performancesr8uzj.png

Performances are sourced from the highest quality available, but high definition sources aren't always available.

pastalbumsqeuer.png

Contributed by Soulscribe
mBy1AmI.jpg

Lady Gaga’s first full studio LP took pop music and the world by storm, and signaled the singer’s impending pop culture takeover. The Fame is her most approachable and radio-friendly work to date, and its effortless hooks and ‘stuck-in-your-head’ melodies still make it the modern gold standard for straightforward, accessible pop music. She crafts every hook here like a nursery rhyme; something that’s so impactful and easy to remember that it forces itself permanently into your brain. The Fame is a celebration of club and celebrity culture, as well as a stylistic ode to fashion and materialism that effortlessly fuses 80s-era funk with hypnotic disco flash. It’s filled to the brim with tongue-in-cheek commentary on fame and fortune, and though The Fame might not have the endurance or avant-garde reverence of its successors, it’s an incredibly effective (and dangerously catchy) introduction to the twisted world of Lady Gaga.

Also be sure to check out The Cherrytree Sessions, an unplugged EP to The Fame that takes three of her most popular debut singles (Pokerface, Just Dance, and Eh, Eh [Nothing Else I Can Say]) and re-imagines them through an intimate acoustic set. This short EP showcases her vocal prowess and eye for instrumentation, and being the classically trained pianist that she is, it’s a keen reminder that beneath the platinum wigs and face paint is a young musician with bold ambition, and a great deal of talent.​
V7a5QPR.jpg
This 8-track EP takes the effortless style and delivery of The Fame and fine-tunes it. Largely considered to be her strongest body of work to date, The Fame Monster is accessible without feeling disposable, and feels avant-garde and reverent without being polarizing. It is brimming with smash hits from start to finish, and it showcases Lady Gaga at her most polished and clean. The Fame Monster is very much the ‘Bad’ to The Fame’s ‘Thriller,’ and while this EP doesn’t get as much credit as its predecessor for ushering in the Gaga craze, it’s a carefully executed piece of work that elevated Lady Gaga beyond simply a pop singer with radio hits, launching her instead into superstardom.​
uXYZVPI.jpg
After the light-hearted fare of The Fame and the careful polish of The Fame Monster, Gaga finally found her opportunity to unhinge. Born This Way is an album that’s bursting at the seams with electro-pop fury, and its manic and schizophrenic nature managed, quite well, to polarize a great deal of her listeners. Born This Way lacks the polish and approachability of Gaga’s earlier work, but from what it lacks, the album makes up for with eclecticism, purpose, and timing. Born This Way is a testament to the boldness of a superstar who could have gone the easy way out by making easily digestible radio hits, but didn’t. Every track is brimming with forceful agenda and purpose, hitting the listener like a sledgehammer. It’s a loud, rambunctious, campy, ridiculous, intelligent, and powerful body of work that will more likely get its due praise many years down the road.​

VunGfDG.png

iqqY2sNfrWZxA.gif

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I'm really anxious about the album and a bit sad that Applause wasn't a bigger hit. Hot Gaga needs to be back.

xaosslug

this is an awesome OT. Faaaaaaar too good for Gags or ARTPOP, tbqh.

EDIT: LOL @ Koodo disregarding Marius_ and Nemesis_ sis' requests.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I still have the official leather muzzle mask from The Fame perfume launch in Canada. I feel special lol.

Nemesis_

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I want some fame era milk with my artpop tea. Bless me, gaga

I really want a LoveGame bop

royalan

Well, I'm perched.

Gaga did a lot to make me not-a-fan during her incredibly annoying, pretentious, and lacking-in-good-music Born This Way era. But I must admit, everything I've heard from ARTPOP (sans "Applause" and "I Wanna Be With You") has been absolutely flawless.

Amazing OT!!

This is totally the music event of the year for me, and i can't freaking wait for ARTPOP. It's so great to see someone operating at the top of their game, and she's never seemed happier. Expect the opposite of Born This Way with this album.

What an amazing OT. Worthy of a subscribe. Bravo!

:bows to Nemisis, Marius, and SoulScribe:

I can not wait for ARTPOP to release. Unfortunately, I won't be able to hear the album on the day it releases, since I coupled it with Kelly's album Wrapped In Red to get free shipping on Amazon. The day that I do get ARTPOP in the mail will, without a doubt, be glorious. ARTPOP is my most anticipated album this year, and I can't wait to discover the new songs on it, along with hearing the studio versions of the tracks that we have previously heard from the iTunes Festival a.k.a. Swine Fest. Lady Gaga's albums have always been an amazing ride from beginning to end for me, and ARTPOP is looking to be no different. With that said, it's going to be fun sharing my excitement about the music with all of you in this thread and in the POPGAF OT.

I'll probably end up buying it.

I'm not as high on her as I was during her Fame Monster peak (goddamn, that album is good), but I still think she's fun and interesting.

I just hope it's more consistent that Born this Way. BTW is a clusterfuck of an album.

Partition

Banned
Beautiful OT.

And not so fast with "No Rihanna" - you will be seeing her on the app.

And some more dates:

October 25th: Venus Premiere (speculated that it's just a clip)
October 27th: Venus available for purchase
November 10th: artRave listening party

Sydle

Beautiful OP.

I've got all these releases on my calendar.

I really enjoyed what I heard from her iTunes performance and so excited for Do What U Want and G.U.Y. based on the snippets. ARTPOP will be incredible.

cory64

Beautiful OT.

And not so fast with "No Rihanna" - you will be seeing her on the app.

And some more dates:

October 25th: Venus Premiere (speculated that it's just a clip)
October 27th: Venus available for purchase
November 10th: artRave listening party

Yes the original digital queen still at the forefront of music distribution technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom