• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latin American Football |OT| Sponsored By Televisa

the argentina u17 with the same disastrous results as the u20. fuck everything.

What is up with Argentina's youth system as of late? Is it due to the players leaving for Europe earlier and not developing through the ranks? Is it representative of Argentine football as a whole? I haven't seen any real promising kids come through for Argentina in a while.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What is up with Argentina's youth system as of late? Is it due to the players leaving for Europe earlier and not developing through the ranks? Is it representative of Argentine football as a whole? I haven't seen any real promising kids come through for Argentina in a while.
Don't most of these players come from european clubs anyway?

~automatic

Neo Member
Don't most of these players come from european clubs anyway?

Nope, they all come from Argentine clubs with the exception of Rodriguez (20) who plays for Catolica De Chile (according to Wikipedia).

Definitely looking forward to seeing Mexico's run in this tournament. The team looks very responsive and talented.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nope, they all come from Argentine clubs with the exception of Rodriguez (20) who plays for Catolica De Chile (according to Wikipedia).

Definitely looking forward to seeing Mexico's run in this tournament. The team looks very responsive and talented.
Their u20 squad had some European players and shat the bed at the World Cup earlier this year too, so the post still applies!

Tecl0n

I had completely forgotten about the post, so i'm sorry for the late reply.

There are a few reasons. Coaches that don't know what they are doing and are there because of political power/nepotism. The ""recent"" death of Don Julio that left a power vacuum in the football asociation that still has to recover. The fact that the national side doens't have a fucking idea of what playstyle it wants to use (The superdenfensive Sabbella kind of way, or the karma that Martino has with his failure in Barca and now wants to copy the style to the national side eventhough most of the players don't have the passing accuracy required) so the youth teams have to improvise on what to put emphasis on. And what the players learn in, say U17 is different from what the plan is on the U20.

Chivas Campeon! :D

Damn how long I've waited to say that again. Even if it is just the Copa MX.

I swear I saw that last Leon header go in. I was about to rage lol.

~automatic

Neo Member
Magaña, Cortes and Lara from Mexico's sub-17 are a national treasure. I hope their clubs develop them (and the rest of the team, ofc) into world class figures, or at least señor team material.

v1lla21

Magaña, Cortes and Lara from Mexico's sub-17 are a national treasure. I hope their clubs develop them (and the rest of the team, ofc) into world class figures, or at least señor team material.
Don't count on it :(

First time I see the new Monterrey stadium and it's beautiful

Not until the league returns to a long format and removing the liguilla. If we keep the short seasons, everything will always be short term and the clubs will continue to bet on foreign players instead of homegrown. There is a reason why our league is mediocre, and that is the biggest one.

Can't believe how bad at finishing the U17 was the last two games. We should of defeated Nigeria in the semis and we lose to Belguim based on our atrocious finishing (and defending). Belguim's Vanzier is a player to watch. I think he'll reach senior squad if he continues to develop.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The kids showed lack of experience in the last two games. Which is to be expected, they are u17. I'm disappointed by the results, but in the end it is three straight semis for Mexico at this category. It's good overall.

My only hope is that Arteaga manages these kids into the u20 cycle. Almague is fucking awful.

Black_Red

So World Cup Qualifying week. Is it strange that the match I'm most hyped about is Uruguay vs Chile? lol

I'll be a bloodbath, Chile usually lose there, but we're on our best moment and both teams "hate" each other right now, I think we can get a fight with a couple of red cards for any team.

The South American qualifiers are going to be even more intense and exciting than usual. Bolivia getting a 4-2 win and Ecuador running in fine form? The Uruguay vs Chile match is going to be vicious, especially after the Copa America controversy. Hope the Argentina vs Brasil match turns out well!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wish it had been played at all. At least it was only postponed one day, but apparently it's gonna rain heavily in Buenos Aires today too. Who knows what will happen.

Kuro

The South American qualifiers are going to be even more intense and exciting than usual. Bolivia getting a 4-2 win and Ecuador running in fine form? The Uruguay vs Chile match is going to be vicious, especially after the Copa America controversy. Hope the Argentina vs Brasil match turns out well!

Turned out ugly and bad. This might be the worst Brazil team I've ever seen and David Luiz is a joke.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Turned out ugly and bad. This might be the worst Brazil team I've ever seen and David Luiz is a joke.
Every time I see David Luiz play... well, he isn't good. I'm surprised he still makes this Brazil squad when he was the worst player in the 7-1. He's just not very good for country.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
CUCfVicUcAAz3Mm.jpg

I'm not sure if that's a backline of five or if Osorio is playing Reyes as a holding midfielder.

loki 16

Tecatito is the future of the Mexican team. Also every time I see chicharito play for Mexico he is terrible.

That's the femur. Super nasty fracture. But it's to be expected with such a nasty pitch. Jesus Christ.
Wait you think the bad condition of the grass on the pitch had something to do with that horrible injury? Not that I don't believe you but I'd like to read how that affected.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SANPEDROSULAZO
Wait you think the bad condition of the grass on the pitch had something to do with that horrible injury? Not that I don't believe you but I'd like to read how that affected.
Players were mentioning yesterday that the pitch as so heavy their feet sank to the ground. The injury was accidental, but the field is to contribute for how sluggish they were in dragging their feet.

Top Bottom