• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers' launch numbers are much lower than Battleborn's - PCGamesN

Marcel

Something eerie about the timing of the loss of LawBreakers.

Despite getting decent reviews, gravity-bending FPS LawBreakers is struggling to keep an active player base just days after release. It failed to launch within the top 100 games on Steam, and even Battleborn, the poster child of launch flops, had higher player numbers at this point in its life.

According to GITHYP, the final release for LawBreakers saw a whopping 60% reduction over its initial beta player count. Launch night saw only a peak of 3k players, which is pretty bad when compared to Battleborn's 12k.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it was just a rough start, as since then the numbers have only gone down. Daily lows are already dropping to below 1,000 players, and the peaks are also going down as the days go by. Tuesday, the day after launch, saw a reduction of 300 people, giving a peak of only 2.7k.

Can this game pull itself out of the muck or is it destined to be the next game enthusiast punchline?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/lawbreakers/lawbreakers-player-count

Blam

Honestly not enough ,marketing for this game. They didn't even get the front page banners for this game.

It's a great game but it really sucks that it's already gonna die.

Truant

I haven't paid much attention to this game, but as an outsider there's absolutely nothing that looks interesting or appealing about it. I would imagine the general public has similar feelings.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It seems to be really fucking hard to come out with any sort of multiplayer only game these days. I'm not surprised.

Sou Da

Honestly not enough ,marketing for this game. They didn't even get the front page banners for this game.

It's a great game but it really sucks that it's already gonna die.
I doubt marketing would have saved this.

Big bummer because the game is really good. Played a few hours of it last night. The game plays extremely well.

Didn't have any problems finding matches, either.

Hupsel

The game is fun, but no marketing at all and it launched a little too late I think. I didn´t even see it on the "New Releases" tab on steam. Also the characters are completely forgettable - I can´t remember the name of any single one of them and I can remember just the name of a few of the classes (Vanguard, Assassin, Enforcer... Juggernaut...). Still, thew shooting is pretty fun.

I was afraid this was gonna happen. That said, multiplayer FPS and TPS is pretty crowded and dominated by a few big players, so I'm not too surprised.

I haven't paid much attention to this game, but as an outsider there's absolutely nothing that looks interesting or appealing about it. I would imagine the general public has similar feelings.

Yup. Game didn't look interesting enough to even try the beta.

quick question

Is this an Arena team moba FPS style game?

What is this genre anyways?

Im thinking of games like the aformentioned battleborn, overwatch, paragon, etc....

Im confused on how to categorize this style of FPS

Does Team Fortress, unreal tournament, and Quake fall into this group as well?

JDB

Banned
Not surprised. It's like they went out of their way to make their game look and feel hard to get into. Level and character art design is busy and hard to read, a million different effects are seen at any moment adding to the busyness, and UI that is incredibly hard to read at a glance. This in a game that is very fast paced where you need to be able to react and understand things quickly.

That's not even touching whether or not arena shooters are still even a thing people want to begin with. Such a mess.

A whole lot of too little, too late, and too much confusion over format.

I legit thought this was a F2P game, confusing it with Paragon regularly.

MUnited83

For you.
I predicted it being a bomba, but not even I expect it to be this bad. Making this a paid game was a terrible idea.

bman94

Damn I really liked the Beta but August is such a bad time for me. Work starts back up now and I know I won't have time for it which is why I didn't buy it. They should have aimed for a early June release and kept the momentum going all summer.

I was never interested in Paladins or Overwatch but I'm into Lawbreakers, I hope the population gets bigger.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Was really rooting for Cliff and the people that risked a lot to join an upstart studio. Unfortunately it looks like the whole thing will have to be shuttered.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
The game looks actually very decent. Alas I haven't got the time to dedicate to games like this any more.

It has been terribly marketed from announcement to release and without some significant push, it's going to bomb harder than Battleborn. A shame too and hopefully things can pick up but it's a hardcore, niche version of a game with lots of competition both in retail and F2P.

quick question

Is this an Arena team moba FPS style game?

What is this genre anyways?

Im thinking of games like the aformentioned battleborn, overwatch, paragon, etc....

Im confused on how to categorize this style of FPS

Does Team Fortress, unreal tournament, and Quake fall into this group as well?

It's pretty straight forward honestly. It's an objective based arena shooter with classes/abilities.

Compared to something like Overwatch there's more of a focus on individual skill (like an arena shooter).

Class system with abilities/ultimates are horrible for fps games. Leave that crap to casuals and their moba type games. Blizzard got away with it because of blind fanboyism.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PC right now is a fair amount different to what it was back in the day, with all the badly integrated video chips. Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC.

The artstyle is what turned me off. Also the cluttered HUD.

I wanna see Cliff's reaction when people shit on his game like he usually does on other games.

SexyFish

Banned
LawBreakers isn't hobby-grade, obviously.

Class system with abilities/ultimates are horrible for fps games. Leave that crap to casuals and their moba type games. Blizzard got away with it because of blind fanboyism.

Yeah, obviously blind fanboyism and not because they made a great game.

Wallach

The PC right now is a fair amount different to what it was back in the day, with all the badly integrated video chips. Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC.

nice memerino

Duxxy3

Honestly the game looks very hard. Just to play. It looks cool, but you can tell that it takes a ton of skill to play. Overwatch and CSGO don't look difficult to play. None of the really popular multiplayer shooters do. They all look like they require good aim, but not an ungodly amount of dexterity.

Top Bottom