• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

The discussions around this and the leavers problem kinda makes me miss the old client/server model that was the standard when games like this used to be the norm. When the game allows for such a wide range of skill differences I think that might be the way to go, with people just jumping in/out at any time and it just feeling more freeform than a set beginning and end match made. Matchmaking would still be good for ranked modes so 5stacks could queue against eachother.

Budi

Yes, especially since the core players stick around the game the longest as well. Hell, I've spent a lot of money on boxes myself as well to support the studio. I want to see them caring for players like myself and not just protecting the interests of everyone but me.
This has no bearing on the issue.

NHale

Yes, especially since the core players stick around the game the longest as well. Hell, I've spent a lot of money on boxes myself as well to support the studio. I want to see them caring for players like myself and not just protecting the interests of everyone but me.

So what are you saying is that YOU are more important than anyone else that paid the same price of admission than YOU?

They should protect the best interests of everyone not just care about YOU. YOU don't create a healthy community for this game to grow, everyone that bought the game does.

By creating the perfect game for you they will create a miserable game for others, they already said so. While I understand you want to feed off some beginners, at the same time those beginners will probably quit the game and never turn it again. BossKey know this is 2017 and not 1998 where gaming has evolved into a state where everything is given and barely nothing is earned. They have to adapt to that scenario, people are not open to suck for hours to learn a game, they expect a fucking rewind button in every game to replay every mistake ffs.

If you really like BossKey and if you really like the game, you should really start thinking about ways to make the community grow and not about YOU. While I understand it sucks the game right now is borked for you because they are not a lot of people as good as you, the only way for people to become as good as you is to create a friendly environment to beginners by enticing them to play more and not creating an environment where they frustrate beginners into quitting the game.

E92 M3

So what are you saying is that YOU are more important than anyone else that paid the same price of admission than YOU?

They should protect the best interests of everyone not just care about YOU. YOU don't create a healthy community for this game to grow, everyone that bought the game does.

By creating the perfect game for you they will create a miserable game for others, they already said so. While I understand you want to feed off some beginners, at the same time those beginners will probably quit the game and never turn it again. BossKey know this is 2017 and not 1998 where gaming has evolved into a state where everything is given and barely nothing is earned. They have to adapt to that scenario, people are not open to suck for hours to learn a game, they expect a fucking rewind button in every game to replay every mistake ffs.

If you really like BossKey and if you really like the game, you should really start thinking about ways to make the community grow and not about YOU. While I understand it sucks the game right now is borked for you because they are not a lot of people as good as you, the only way for people to become as good as you is to create a friendly environment to beginners by enticing them to play more and not creating an environment where they frustrate beginners into quitting the game.

So, what you're saying it's okay if I'm miserable but others are happy? There is no way to please all sides of the equation with a tight population. We're not Counter Strike or League. Also, the people that aren't willing to learn a shooter are also the same people that will jump to CoD come November.

And I don't just speak for myself, a lot of people are having the same issues. I'm not some special snowflake. If Boss Key wants to market this a core shooter, they should treat as so and be biased towards the core players - good or bad.

LawBreakers is one of the best shooters of the decade, but matchmaking is hurting my experience enough to the point of where I am bitching now.

I'm not saying that it isn't a problem. I'm saying that showing two games is not exactly a good indicator of whether or not something is problematic.

I just posted a couple examples - I won't spam this forum lol.

Gold_Loot

On the PS4 games were taking around 5 mins to fill. I had to keep exiting and trying to rejoin new games. Was frustrating as hell. Never had that issue until last night. Even tried US West and still had the same problem. This was during prime time too.
I'm on PS4 as well with no issue finding games (even during slower times).

It may have been a routing hop issue to the servers? Or just a random bug.

Flcl

Neo Member

It's a tough topic. If the "better" players wont find games they still get put into low level games. It just takes a really long time to end up in those games. So lesser skilled players are still getting stomped. Most of the time there are 1-2 players racking up all the kills, the others are just fodder. Just kick out the high MMR guys once the game is done and put them back in the queue and hopefully they will find a more balanced match then. At least they wont be stomping the same guys over and over.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Anyone having trouble finding games/full games?

PS4 NA here.

EL CUCO

Just had a Blitzball match end to the clock 4-3. So much back and forth, it was pretty awesome.

Having no problems finding games on NA East (PC)

Flandy

Hey is there any way to tell how many people are playing this on PS4? Friend and I were thinking of getting this but we're kinda scared because of the player count

arimanius

Hey is there any way to tell how many people are playing this on PS4? Friend and I were thinking of getting this but we're kinda scared because of the player count

No way to tell. Usually games are super quick to find but some of us are having an issue the last couple of days. Could be a bug or something I'm not sure. The game is a blast and for $30 I'd recommend it to anyone.

arimanius

So juggernaut sucks (imo) and needs some buffs. Maybe separate the fuel meter from his front shield ability, shorten shotgun reload time, and increase range or damage on it.

Bucca

Please for the love of God, if you won't remove the cool down on the uplink/blitzball pickup timer, please at least lower it.

It interrupts flow so bad.

MastAndo

Welp,I'm officially feeling outclassed. It was fun for a while, but haven't played in a few days, came back and I was getting matched with players clearly better than me - got my ass handed to me like 4 or 5 matches in a row. A few matches, the very sight of a Gunslinger meant instant death. I guess Vanguard isn't going to cut it, but not sure who else to go with since my aim is hot garbage and though I like Wraith, it just isn't clicking for me.

arimanius

Welp,I'm officially feeling outclassed. It was fun for a while, but haven't played in a few days, came back and I was getting matched with players clearly better than me - got my ass handed to me like 4 or 5 matches in a row. A few matches, the very sight of a Gunslinger meant instant death. I guess Vanguard isn't going to cut it, but not sure who else to go with since my aim is hot garbage and though I like Wraith, it just isn't clicking for me.

Can try Titan. His rocket launcher and secondary are fun. You can explode his rockets early and do really good splash damage.

Yeah, it's problematic.

I agree. It doesn't last long enough.

Is not only that, i think the team who wins B wins the game. The other areas are in the base and are easy to protect. And all the players are going to B, oh and that shit of "locked area" too.
For me this mode is pure shit, after the Trophie for win 25 matchs of this Turf shit is unlocked i will Leave the fuck out when i see this mode.

Sorry for the salt, i was enjoying the game, but Turf piss me off.

Gold_Loot

Is not only that, i think the team who wins B wins the game. The other areas are in the base and are easy to protect. And all the players are going to B, oh and that shit of "locked area" too.
For me this mode is pure shit, after the Trophie for win 25 matchs of this Turf shit is unlocked i will Leave the fuck out when i see this mode.

Sorry for the salt, i was enjoying the game, but Turf piss me off.

If the teams are fighting so heavy for B, then grab a partner and cap C (near the enemy base) That always seems to stir things up and force a few enemy players off B to protect their base point.

Strategize people!

BK's intentions were pure, but my experience has been horrible. The system is more negative than positive in the long run. New players always learn and get better. It's been like that for years. SBMM is designed to protect beginners and hurt players like myself.

I'm not bitching for the hell of it. My experience is literally being ruined. I posted some games from last night as example.

I wouldn't care if I actually got teammates of my skill.

Based on his description it is likely happening how I described before

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246040952&postcount=888
(see the annotated image in that post)

If you are ahead of the curve, even though the game has made sure the teams have 'balanced MMR' that doesn't equate to a balanced game if the MMR is not similar between players. It ends up with good players being expected to carry bad teams.

Tokubetsu

The discussions around this and the leavers problem kinda makes me miss the old client/server model that was the standard when games like this used to be the norm. When the game allows for such a wide range of skill differences I think that might be the way to go, with people just jumping in/out at any time and it just feeling more freeform than a set beginning and end match made. Matchmaking would still be good for ranked modes so 5stacks could queue against eachother.

i don't get as nostalgic for server browsing as some but gosh i think i miss it right now

Can't get games in a reasonable amount of time in EU (UK) anymore.

Fun while it lasted, but I'm not willing to wait 5-10 minutes for a match.

Waiting like 2-3minutes to get into a game, then that game goes into a 'warm up' where it struggles to fill the slots for another 3-5 minutes, then in many cases it just randomly starts a match with something like 3 vs 4.

arimanius

Waiting like 2-3minutes to get into a game, then that game goes into a 'warm up' where it struggles to fill the slots for another 3-5 minutes, then in many cases it just randomly starts a match with something like 3 vs 4.

That is exactly what's happening to me the last 2 days. US East and US West. Hoping it's a server or matchmaking issue.

E92 M3

I've been getting that or just matching the same exact people.

Honestly, if they don't turn off SBMM, there will be no point of me playing (because I can't).

I can find games without any problem. Never longer than 30s. Im in the EU.
Trying out some other classes atm. So i dont care about the matchmaking. Hope they fix it though.

As far as quiting goes, why not just remove the quit button from the menu? Paladin's does this and you very rarely see anyone leave the game. The quit penalty (a 5 minute timeout) also helps.

I've been getting that or just matching the same exact people.

Honestly, if they don't turn off SBMM, there will be no point of me playing (because I can't).

Yeah same. It kept trying to put us into a 3 vs 5 and I left, it joined us back 6 times in a row.

Then eventually, it put me in another game, but that other game had people in it that I was playing from half an hour ago.

The frequency that shit like that is happening doesn't bode well for the player base, though I suspect it may just be skill based matchmaking at play, dramatically reducing the amount of suitable games available.

E92 M3

As far as quieting goes, why not just remove the quit button from the menu? Paladin's does this and you very rarely see anyone leave the game. The quit penalty (a 5 minute timeout) also helps.

Yeah same. It kept trying to put us into a 3 vs 5 and I left, it joined us back 6 times in a row.

Then eventually, it put me in another game, but that other game had people in it that I was playing from half an hour ago.

The frequency that shit like that is happening doesn't bode well for the player base, though I suspect it may just be skill based matchmaking at play, dramatically reducing the amount of suitable games available.

Playerbase is good, but SBMM is the culprit. Happened with Destiny too.

renzolama

Please for the love of God, if you won't remove the cool down on the uplink/blitzball pickup timer, please at least lower it.

It interrupts flow so bad.

It's really non-intuitive also, the first few blitzball matches I played I gave up trying to grab it when it dropped after continually attempting to jump/run through it (the way you would expect in a game as fast-paced as Lawbreakers) and having nothing happen. It feels a bit out of place in a game that places such a heavy emphasis on movement to be forced to stand in one spot for so long. I do really like the mode otherwise though, the turnovers just feel like a big pace killer.

So somehow this game has a minute to auto balance with 5 players on my team and 3 on the other and yet does nothing and goes into warm up like that.

Currently stuck going back into warm up with the same team starting the match with 0 on the other team again after auto balancing. What a pointless system.

E92 M3

Destiny had 80 bagillion players.

Yeah, but even then it affected matchmaking really badly - just look it up anywhere. Now think what it does to LB. I can't even play on the weekend without waiting 15 minutes. It's actually depressing how much this is bothering me.

Crossing my fingers that BK actually cares about players like myself. If Titanfall 2 can work without SBMM so can LawBreakers - they are both relatively intricate shooters.

Bucca

So many people I'm getting paired with do FUCK all with the objective. No one fucking defended the battery in my team after I got it each time.

NO ONE. So fucking mad.

Perineum

So many people I'm getting paired with do FUCK all with the objective. No one fucking defended the battery in my team after I got it each time.

NO ONE. So fucking mad.

Yep. That's the FPS community in a nutshell.

Keep my K/D up, and fuck the rest.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
Yeah, but even then it affected matchmaking really badly - just look it up anywhere. Now think what it does to LB. I can't even play on the weekend without waiting 15 minutes. It's actually depressing how much this is bothering me.

Crossing my fingers that BK actually cares about players like myself. If Titanfall 2 can work without SBMM so can LawBreakers - they are both relatively intricate shooters.

Did titanfall 2 remove their skill based matchmaking at some point?

http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-2s-matchmaking-is-based-on-skill-and-contribution-to-matches/

Looks like it is simply behind the scenes.

Top Bottom