• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

Tokubetsu

It has some pockets of zero grav on the outside where the helicopter pad is that line the cliff. You can 'ride' them to the other side kind of like a pocket of air.

I think it was a really good idea to make that map without an anti-grav mid. Every other map feels like training for it. It's also beautiful.

also makes stuff like vanguards boss ability or assassins grenade pack an extra punch

BladeOfSanjuro

Neo Member
It has some pockets of zero grav on the outside where the helicopter pad is that line the cliff. You can 'ride' them to the other side kind of like a pocket of air.

I think it was a really good idea to make that map without an anti-grav mid. Every other map feels like training for it. It's also beautiful.

Yeah those are more like thermals to ride on rather than zero grav. It is a really nice looking map though, and has an excellent flow. The base layout is very nice as well.

What is everyone's opinion on the maps?

For me(best to worst)

Mammoth
Redfalls
Promenade
Vertigo
Grandview
Station
Trench
Reactor

Budi

Oh man I don't think I can even choose my favorite of the maps. But it feels I'm playing the Station the most =D But I've also been picking my classes based on the map a bit. But usually I just go with Vanguard to be worth a damn to my team.

Yeah those are more like thermals to ride on rather than zero grav. It is a really nice looking map though, and has an excellent flow. The base layout is very nice as well.

What is everyone's opinion on the maps?

For me(best to worst)

Mammoth
Redfalls
Promenade
Vertigo
Grandview
Station
Trench
Reactor

I like them all except Trench. That map is so weird. It's also really difficult to retrieve the battery/uplink from the enemy base on Vertigo, even though I like the map otherwise.

Budi

Oh man such an intense match of Blitzball, makes me love the game even more. Won 4-3. We were even losing 0-2 at some point. Delivered the ball by literally dying on the goal, the rush it gives running/flying away from bullets in low hp while carrying the ball. Got so close to S+ too, still haven't quite reached it. Vanguard is excellent in defense too I must say and you can get there fast! Love the class.

BizzyBum

I just bought this on PC because I did enjoy the beta and I feel bad with how terrible it's doing. lol

Let me know if anyone wants to play.

edit: wtf, does anyone see this PC viglink thing?

Budi

I just bought this on PC because I did enjoy the beta and I feel bad with how terrible it's doing. lol

Let me know if anyone wants to play.

edit: wtf, does anyone see this PC viglink thing?
Aaaw, that's really cute and nice! Sorry, I don't feel comfortable grouping up in this game atleast, I feel like I would be a burden. As I've stated here earlier. And even less comfortable using mic talking english =P

And for your edit no I don't.

eizarus

Banned
Took me a few matches to get a feel for the game but man I'm in love with it. Just had such a fun round of the Uplink mode. I love how insane a teamfight can get when you're in the floaty area.
A lot of the characters do feel like Overwatch clones, but adapted well to work with the games core mechanics.

Tokubetsu

lol she's squishy af and her blades do no damage unless in frenzy. She has to have some type of way to take people down.

this

If i fuck up my entrance with assassin im dead, if im missing shots im dead both her and wraith are in a fairly decent place rn. Wraith's knife feels a bit wonky for me rn but i've been playing more assassin and tend to be a shooter wraith more than stabby one anyway.

EL CUCO

Took me a few matches to get a feel for the game but man I'm in love with it. Just had such a fun round of the Uplink mode. I love how insane a teamfight can get when you're in the floaty area.
A lot of the characters do feel like Overwatch clones, but adapted well to work with the games core mechanics.
Nice! I'd like to add that the characters play styles have alot more depth than the game leads to believe as well. The more you play them, the more you figure little extra things out about them that the game doesn't really elaborate on. It's alot of fun.

r8er34

Nice! I'd like to add that the characters play styles have alot more depth than the game leads to believe as well. The more you play them, the more you figure little extra things out about them that the game doesn't really elaborate on. It's alot of fun.

Ok I'll bite. What extra things have you found out?

EL CUCO

Ok I'll bite. What extra things have you found out?
Like how the "Sprint" on Enforcer works as a rate of fire/reload buff for teammates in your radius. Alot of people dont realize you can pre-detonate the rockets with Titan too. These things aren't immediately obvious when you just starting off.

GG, Noomi! Glad we pulled out the W.

r8er34

Like how the "Sprint" on Enforcer works as a rate of fire/reload buff for teammates in your radius. Alot of people dont realize you can pre-detonate the rockets with Titan too. These things aren't immediately obvious when you just starting off.

🙄🙄🙄 I thought you had something good. Lol.

E92 M3

I am legit confused why these trophies are so rare:

gqTPAfq.png

Still need to get the Uplink one for some reason.

-MD-

gqTPAfq.png

Short explanation is the "win 25 of (mode)" achievements take a long time to earn and the game hasn't been out long enough.

gqTPAfq.png

I have all the achievements except the blindfire kill one, prestige one, and the getting 25 wins for all the game types. So, yeah, it takes a bit even for someone who plays regularly...

Demoskinos

Yeah, 25 matches is a lot considering most people will have at least a 50/50 split of wins and losses id figure. So that's lets say going with the 50/50 win/loss 50 matches to get each mode achievement and then you have to figure that you're rotating modes constantly.

That's why. Matches are also like 10 minutes long. Give it a few more weeks and the percentage will start to climb.

Its way more concerning to me that one of my most rare trophies is traveling in anti-grav with blind fire. That says to me that Bosskey REALLY needs to communicate that mechanic better tbh. Cause a lot of people prob don't know that that is a thing.

M.W.

Tried out gunslinger tonight, went 16-1 in my first match. The team that was facing us was pretty bad so my stats are skewed. I was teleporting like a mofk.

Oh man such an intense match of Blitzball, makes me love the game even more. Won 4-3. We were even losing 0-2 at some point. Delivered the ball by literally dying on the goal, the rush it gives running/flying away from bullets in low hp while carrying the ball. Got so close to S+ too, still haven't quite reached it. Vanguard is excellent in defense too I must say and you can get there fast! Love the class.

Am I missing something here, Blitzball goes to 8?

Kevin

Does this game have a regular deathmatch mode with say 1:1 play? I'm not much into the whole online gaming scene but it would be cool to find a modern deathmatch game to play with my brother.

Cmagus

Does this game have a regular deathmatch mode with say 1:1 play? I'm not much into the whole online gaming scene but it would be cool to find a modern deathmatch game to play with my brother.

It does not unfortunately. A lot of people on the main forum have been suggesting TDM and personally that's the one thing I want the most. I guess you could always create a custom game with just the two of you and ignore the objective.

Kevin

It does not unfortunately. A lot of people on the main forum have been suggesting TDM and personally that's the one thing I want the most.

Yeah I can't understand why all these online games are leaving out basic deathmatch. Like so many games. Even Doom didn't have it at launch and it makes no sense to leave out something so basic.

One thing about Battle Medic I was surprised to find out is just how much damage the energy pistol does. If you land your shots its definitely comparable to hitting good grenades, and because grenades are harder to hit in antigrav I now just switch to the pistol whenever I hit it. It's much easier leading people in antigrav with it and you can spray them down really fast.

yeah it took me awhile too to learn to swap out to the pistol during close encounters as well, especially if i'm out of fuel.

Yeah, 25 matches is a lot considering most people will have at least a 50/50 split of wins and losses id figure. So that's lets say going with the 50/50 win/loss 50 matches to get each mode achievement and then you have to figure that you're rotating modes constantly.

That's why. Matches are also like 10 minutes long. Give it a few more weeks and the percentage will start to climb.

yeah, i would say most people like me will pop all those 25 wins in the same day then eventually. As all modes get equal playtime and a pretty equal win-lose ratio.

BizzyBum

Tried out gunslinger tonight, went 16-1 in my first match. The team that was facing us was pretty bad so my stats are skewed. I was teleporting like a mofk.

My first match I played I tried Gunslinger and did decent. I feel like I played him wrong. Should I try to stay back and snipe with the right gun more often instead of rushing in? The main gun seemed kinda weak and slow in comparison.

My first match I played I tried Gunslinger and did decent. I feel like I played him wrong. Should I try to stay back and snipe with the right gun more often instead of rushing in? The main gun seemed kinda weak and slow in comparison.

When I use Gunslinger I tend to get into battle. Alot of people snipe with him but he's lethal up close aswell. Remember to use both guns close quarters and teleport.

eizarus

Banned

Yeah I was playing enforcer and noticed that too. I was using the "sprint" to properly myself through the floaty area to quickly get behind enemies.

Patrick S.

Banned
Player count on the Steam community hub doesn't show for me anymore. Can devs ask Valve to disable them? If so, smart move, because I think that counter scared many potential buyers off.

E92 M3

Short explanation is the "win 25 of (mode)" achievements take a long time to earn and the game hasn't been out long enough.

Guess, I just play too much lol. If it wasn't for SBMM I'd play a lot more. Literally have my pool of players memorized haha.

I have all the achievements except the blindfire kill one, prestige one, and the getting 25 wins for all the game types. So, yeah, it takes a bit even for someone who plays regularly...

The stupid double with Assassin ult will be the end with me. I am absolute garbage with her. Just don't like those dashes and how the grapple takes a bar.

After that, I just need to prestige and will be pretty much done. Got my 150 wins yesterday.

Player count on the Steam community hub doesn't show for me anymore. Can devs ask Valve to disable them? If so, smart move, because I think that counter scared many potential buyers off.

Still shows for me. 324 at this moment. It'd have been a good idea to do before launch but now it's too late.

Quake Champions launched yesterday (in early access) and now that it's on Steam and not Bethesda's launcher only it'll suffer the same player count curse as people see it's low playercount (700 right now) and determine not to buy in because of it which just makes it worse. Of course at the end of it's dev it will be free to play so that will help with that.

derFeef

People sleeping on this, possibly killing it, is maddening.
Maybe the F2P approach can work. But if, they need to act fast.

Budi

People sleeping on this, possibly killing it, is maddening.
Maybe the F2P approach can work. But if, they need to act fast.
I'd start with a free weekend. Ofcourse that will get ridiculed too "lmao they are desperate!!!" it will be unfortunate, but I can't see any reason to not do free weekend quickly. I have few friends who would definitely try it out (if the timing is right for them). And few have already said that they would pick the game up from a sale. Going entirely f2p so fast would be a blow to some of the players who have paid for the game. I'd be fine with it surely, but it can give a lot of negative press and word of mouth.

Top Bottom