• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

clemenx

Banned
Such a stupid way to lose after playing so methodically the whole fucking game.

I wasn't going to be mad, but I'm mad.

Usobuko

Banned
Misfits did very well, relatively.

Far better than NA teams had or will ever perform against top tier Korean teams on the biggest stage.

Neol

So sad but great series overall.

Skt map pressure was alot better so I feel misfits had to force something. That dragon steal was clutch af.

Hero

Huni being humble in this interview, love how he said this was probably their hardest match in his professional career.

Gala

What a great series and massive respect to Misfits. They grew a lot over the year and did an amazing job at worlds.

I think RNG had realistic chances of going to finals now. SKT early game is too explotable.

This is my opinion too. I had RNG advancing over SKT to begin with, but now I feel fairly good about it. MSF played so well, I'm just sad they couldn't take the win.

faridmon

Proud of Misfits. Rookie team and they got so far. The exoectation is going to be higher next EU series. Hope they win the 2 splits.

Soulblighterr

Neo Member
pMvhDlh.gif

200.gif

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it-gif-8.gif

Really well played by Misfits. They went out all guns blazing despite that crushing first game loss. Playing tank supports in this meta takes a lot of confidence in yourself and your team to execute and they executed it beautifully. Having said that I definitely think that they should not have given over Tristana. She's just way too safe and way too effective mid-late game. The only game she lost was the one that had Caitlyn.

And as always, unless their nexus explodes, you can never count out SKT. Kkoma looked so pissed in the interview though lol

Stiler

Man, why did they not ban trist? Seriously she's like the top adc atm and MSF just let SKT have her even after she wrecked them.

If you don't have fp and can't get her, just ban and be done with it.

Still, getting 2 games off SKT was nice, hopefully it gives whoever goes against them some confidence that SKT has cracks in their playstyle.

zkylon

zkylewd
great series, in the end skt's smart adaptation and controlled play just killed every one of misfits' attempts. well played by misfits, even if it's not perfect, but i guess perfect's what you need to beat skt

still, skt looked like trash, a weak, passive team that just played safe and waited for enemy mistakes, that's not the skt i love and this might be the first time i've felt like rooting against them

i really hope skt gets their shit together, watching them play like tsm is not fun

except faker, faker played his heart out this series

great series, in the end skt's smart adaptation and controlled play just killed every one of misfits' attempts

still, skt looked like trash, a weak, passive team that just played safe and waited for enemy mistakes, that's not the skt i love and this might be the first time i've felt like rooting against them

i really hope skt gets their shit together, watching them play like tsm is not fun

I told you it was tense af lol

skt needs more competition

zkylon

zkylewd
I told you it was tense af lol

skt needs more competition
they play in korea, there's no bigger competition than that

this might be the weakest korea has ever looked in an international tournament, which is strange considering the insane amount of talent there is in korea right now

i do think misfits proved once again that having a style of your own is the surest way of making a dent and hopefully one day actually making some progress. it's the moscow 5 style of thinking outside the box and going for it with confidence

but it still didn't work, which means it's not enough, specially in a bo5, you need that resilience and adaptability that only korean teams have

but hey, pushing korean teams this far is pretty fucking legit, good on misfits

skt playing scared that fifth game gave me so much life tho

i think that was kind of a bad read by the casters, skt had a win condition through huni splitpush working well for most of the game while the rest of the team safely handled the baron dance pretty consistently

i think skt was passive, but not really scared, they had a comp with little pressure outside of the jayce splitpush and they're not gonna engage the team with the shen cos a fight is what misfits wanted all game long and skt just never gave it to them

it's just that it looks really lame cos skt does almost nothing all game long and just rely on capitalizing on the one lategame mistake that the misfits rookies are way more likely to make

Kangi

Fed Cho'Gath, double Ocean Drakes, Soraka spamming heals on him, Stoneplate activated... shouldn't even try at that point.

Kangi

So why does Kalista have like 100% ban rate.

Can't see her *that* much more powerful than Trist.

Dumpsters Trist and other ADCs early, absurd objective control in the hands of pro players, and shreds through health stackers which are the go-to tanks currently. That's not getting into what Ardent Censer does for her.

Top Bottom