• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: portable Borderlands game announced for iPhone & iPad

Would be cool if it was something that would link to your BL2 character and gain XP and/or upgrades and items, but in reality it will probably be some sort of on-rails or Infiity blade style spin off.

RM8

I think there's still a place for handhelds, and if they're doing okay during the huge boom of mobile gaming, I can see them doing okay once mobile gaming stabilizes. But yes, Western developers have never been interested in handhelds so they're okay making $1 games that are nothing like the main titles, while Japan puts main entries of their series on handhelds like with Dragon Quest and Shin Megami Tensei.

Handhelds will be fine if they can keep GBA-like numbers, I think.

NE0jQ.gif

url]
lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Did they really say "play as your favourite character!" for a fucking Borderlands game? :lol

Well, the original cast now consists of developed characters thanks to the second game.

You also do get more information about the cast you play as in Borderlands 2 through some limited audiologs.

Alchemy

I'm sold. Perfect way to transfer their world to an ipad. Super glad it's not another shit touch FPS.

+1. I'm likely to avoid this unless it ends up being fuckballs amazing, but at least the developers understand they can't just shove watered down console games onto iOS and expect it to be a good game.

Top Bottom