• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet

crimsonheadGCN said:
left-4-dead-2-20091013051749662.jpg

Is Ellis' left arm missing?

It's Zoey's triple hand all over again.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
LovingSteam said:
* Left 4 Dead 1 content may be included in the DVD, so that Xbox players will not have to switch DVDs to play the old content. This might also be true for PC users.
I don't understand this...

...so L4D2 will include all the episodes from L4D1, on the disc. Right?

Red Scarlet said:
I am looking carefully and his arm seems to vanish behind Nick's, and I don't see it going behind his back.

he's grabbing his butt. we just can't see any of the arm because he's THAT good.

--
76% preloaded on steam. almost done but man. sooo early to have it up ;(.

cjelly said:
I don't understand this...

...so L4D2 will include all the episodes from L4D1, on the disc. Right?

Potentially for multiplayer only, but I thought that was denied. Really not sure one way or the other, though.

Sibylus

Banned
LovingSteam said:
The way that I understood it is like what Bungie did with Halo ODST and Halo 3.
Unconfirmed at this point and Valve is still selling a L4D + L4D2 bundle. Might be a combined platform kinda deal (Think Company of Heroes and its expansions), might be something different entirely. Valve has said they're thinking about the problem but not much more.

Red Scarlet said:
I am looking carefully and his arm seems to vanish behind Nick's, and I don't see it going behind his back.

After zooming in what I thought was Ellis' arm could be Nick's suit shadow but it could still be Ellis' arm.

Also I hope the original L4D being on the disc turns out to be true. I sold my copy over the summer due to being unemployed.

Red Scarlet said:
Also, Ellis does not seem to care about that axe being really close to his balls.

"One time, my friend Keith and I were clearing some trees out in the marsh, and Keith, he nearly got an axe to his family jewels, and he-"

"Ellis, not now."

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Kulock said:
Potentially for multiplayer only, but I thought that was denied. Really not sure one way or the other, though.
Oh, right, might wanna remove that bullet point from the OP until confirmed, then, cos I got excited for a minute. :(

EmCeeGramr said:
"One time, my friend Keith and I were clearing some trees out in the marsh, and Keith, he nearly got an axe to his family jewels, and he-"

"Ellis, not now."
He's unusually chatty about this Keith fellow. Must be a good friend.
"Do you know what 'suck the heads' mean? Cuz I came down here with Keith once, and he didn't know, and...it ain't nothing bad, it's about eatin'."

But the TV spots say ten million zombies...?!

Pre-ordered for PC and 360. Plan on playing the first 2/3 days on PC then on the 360 from the 20th. Then back and forth as required. Curse my regular old humanoid twin arms!

That Call of Warfare game is just an annoying obstacle in the way of mah Left 4 Dead :D

Concept17

MutFox said:
This game feels like you're walking on ice...
Controls feel a bit off.
Hope they fix that.

Eh? Feels pretty much the same. The biggest difference for me has been the gun models, the deagle especially...are just way too big.

Oreoleo

*sigh*

After being completely disinterested in L4D2, I just played the 360 demo with my buddy and now... I want..

After playing L4D1 for so long though the difference in visuals between PC and 360 is like OMGZZ so bad D:

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Orellio said:
*sigh*

After being completely disinterested in L4D2, I just played the 360 demo with my buddy and now... I want..

After playing L4D1 for so long though the difference in visuals between PC and 360 is like OMGZZ so bad D:

As in, the PC looks worse?

wat

Decado

Orellio said:
No, as in L4D1 on PC looks GLORIOUS and L4D2 on 360 is like razorblades to the eyeballs.
What about L4D1 on the 360? That even worse, or have they just screwed up the 360 version of #2?

Oreoleo

Decado said:
What about L4D1 on the 360? That even worse, or have they just screwed up the 360 version of #2?

I just never played it, so I don't know. L4D1 was strictly a PC experience for me. I imagine 1&2 on 360 look largely the same.

Orellio said:
I just never played it, so I don't know. L4D1 was strictly a PC experience for me. I imagine 1&2 on 360 look largely the same.
You'd be surprised how tuned the original is compared to the 2nd on the 360. The only real problem on the 360 side were the late updates.

Oreoleo

Jeff Stephen said:
You'd be surprised how tuned the original is compared to the 2nd on the 360. The only real problem on the 360 side were the late updates.

You mean you've seen performance issues with 2 that weren't noticeable in 1?

speculawyer said:
I'm already in for the PC version but my lazy couch sitting ass is telling me to get the 360 version as well.
Oh noes . . . I have a couple beers in me and a $40 credit at Amazon.

I just noticed this unlocks on the 18th on Steam... whereas retail in the UK/Europe should be Friday? So I'm getting it two days earlier than expected!

Also, this means I will be playing it on PC for two days before I ever have to touch the 360 version to play with my friends on XBL, so expect to see me around a lot more.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Played the Australian demo on 360, can't help but feel something is missing..

so i played the demo in steam. does it disturb no one that you can't aim over iron sights? and that the game feels very arcady?

Amir0x

Banned
The fact that it's arcadey is one of its most appealing aspect! I love fast paced arcade shooters, we have so many of the other types of shooters.

I dont want no iron sights aiming

Brainboy

Shake Appeal said:
I just noticed this unlocks on the 18th on Steam... whereas retail in the UK/Europe should be Friday? So I'm getting it two days earlier than expected!

Also, this means I will be playing it on PC for two days before I ever have to touch the 360 version to play with my friends on XBL, so expect to see me around a lot more.

I wish I had enough money at the moment to buy L4D2 on PC and 360. The PC version is just so pretty, I don't think I would be able to resist it if I didn't think Valve were going to sell it for much cheaper during the Christmas sale.

Wow Kim Swift is involved? Oh boy I can't wait. Forget all the great superlatively designed levels Valve has produced prior to Kim Swift joining.

Seriously who wrote that and why? Valve has numerous noteworthy level designers.
Roude Leiw said:
so i played the demo in steam. does it disturb no one that you can't aim over iron sights? and that the game feels very arcady?
Not really. In a zombie apocalypse I wouldn't use an iron sight. Seeing as I'm not a trained gun user and I would like to live.

If you're in need of something to do over the next few days you could read World War Z.

Top Bottom