• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left Behind (TLoU DLC) wins Gamespots PS3 Goty

Majmun

It's one of the better games I've played this year..

Finished it four times. Including the Remastered version.

Reule

Besides maybe Dark Souls II, there wasn't really a lot of notable PS3 releases this year. It's a weird choice but it was pretty damn good. I would definitely say DLCOTY.

That's fine... but there were better games on PS3 this year 100%. I can see how no one would play them though because "lol PS3" and "lol anime game". Please get ready to reply with my profile pic.

Megatron

DLC wins GoTY? Well I guess there hasn't been any PS3 exclusives this year besides LBP 3 that I can think of.

Nobody is questioning whether this is a game GS, it's not a standalone game though but an add on to an existing game.

It doesn't have to be exclusive(lbp3 isn't, btw) South park, dark souls 2 and borderlands pre sequal are a few takes that came to ps3 that didnt come to ps4.

daveo42

Banned
While I loved Left Behind, I would think there would be a better game to have come out on PS3 this year. Looking at that list though, seems like there were a ton of cross-gen/cross-buy games and Dark Souls II. Even then, DK2 getting a next-gen release now.

The war is over. Pack it up Sony, you may as well just fund the PS3 instead of the PS4. Make sure you get my fucking GtA Vice City remake btw.

LaserHawk

I don't really feel like it deserves it. I found it kind of fun and the story was okay, but it all played out like a hokey episode of LOST.... They run two parallel stories that you zigzag back and forth between, and somehow the past story is supposed to provide meaning to the present story right at the end. Neither story really had all that much punch for me, since you basically know how both of them are going to end. It's one of the drawbacks to making DLC that is both middle-of-the-story and prequel.

The gameplay itself was fun, but could be summed up as "more TLOU." It doesn't really do anything new.

Solid DLC, but not Game of the Year material.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Like others, I have issues with DLC being awarded GOTY. And quite frankly, Left Behind isn't even that good... but then I feel that way about most DLC.

I'd give Left Behind a C+. I'd give TLOU a B. If the entire game was as good as the winter chapter it would be an A/A+ easily, but sadly it is not, in my opinion.

Gurish

Well it is a great DLC, one of my favorites, and it was the best thing to play on PS3 this year, so why not?

Tenki

Nice joke.

Anyway, I loved TLoU but I feel that I'm the only one who didn't like this DLC. Or well, the only one who doesn't think it's the greatest thing ever and it's expensive for what it offers.

Can't play it without TLOU, but ok.
This is a sticking point for me. I loved the DLC but its not standalone.

It almost feels like giving the Oscar for Best Picture to the DVD extras/making of segments from The Lord of the Rings movies. But holy shit those "making of" segments were pretty incredible.

So yeah, their heart is in the right place but the wrong category imho. No reason they can't honor it though, just think it doesn't make much sense to do it in the way they're doing it.

Top Bottom