• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdkee

Banned
According to /co/, Zuko acquired this shocking information from Azula.

So basically, nothing to see here, aside from Zuko being an idiot for a few chapters. Move along.

Azula always lies...Azula always lies.

I mean, Ozai and Zuko pretty much look exactly the same...by design.

Cheerilee

Azula always lies...Azula always lies.

I mean, Ozai and Zuko pretty much look exactly the same...by design.

She didn't even have to lie. Apparently Zuko
"discovered" this information in a "secret document" carried openly, in plain sight on her person.

Zuko is a contender for the next Sherlock Holmes.

Odoul

And this is why Korra S2 won't be any better.
I truly truly hate to say think that but...

It's just so Goddamn stupid.

It goes against everything the third season sets up, weakens a ton of relationship dynamics and just sets up needless problems.

And if it is a fake out it's a dumb, weak one.

STRAIGHT
trash.png

Symphonic

Why would that matter? Honestly even
if he wasn't biologically his son for some reason
it wouldn't change anything
Zuko was his son, biologically speaking or not

Yeah, this makes sense. When you think about it, it doesn't really matter.
He raised him and that's where all the fatherly meanings and shit come from in the show. Only way they could TOTALLY fuck it up is if his father is someone in the fucking show that we know well

Why would that matter? Honestly even
if he wasn't biologically his son for some reason
it wouldn't change anything
Zuko was his son, biologically speaking or not

Yeah, this makes sense. When you think about it, it doesn't really matter.
He raised him and that's where all the fatherly meanings and shit come from in the show. Only way they could TOTALLY fuck it up is if his father is someone in the fucking show that we know well

Because
it was mentioned that he is the descendant of both Sozin from his father and Roku from his mother. That's why he's at war with himself. I think, in this case, biology made a big deal with his storyline.

Odoul

Because
it was mentioned that he is the descendant of both Sozin from his father and Roku from his mother. That's why he's at war with himself. I think, in this case, biology made a big deal with his storyline.

It also enforces this stupid "born evil" storytelling tool which I can't stand. It also means Zuko has absolutely no claim to the throne. And if Ozai is evil why didn't just have the little bastard incinerated?

It also enforces this stupid "born evil" storytelling tool which I can't stand. It also means Zuko has absolutely no claim to the throne. And if Ozai is evil why didn't just have the little bastard incinerated?
well that would explain why Ozai wanted Zuko dead but his mother was banished saving Zuko's life. This does explain why Ozai wanted Zuko gone in the animated series.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Because

I think
Zuko's real father was Iroh. Iroh, that dog.

cdkee

Banned
OK, I read the comic.

I'm thinking this is some plot to usurp the throne to make Zuko's claim invalid. Or it could've been that Ursa knew her letters were being intercepted and tried to make it so Zuko wouldn't have to be Fire Lord. Who knows? I'm going to be mad though if this turns out to be true.

EDIT: HOLD ON A SECOND
Ursa, in her letter, says that her only consolation is "our son" Zuko. I don't know if she means herself and Ozai or the other guy when she says this. Maybe she just thinks that Zuko looks like the other guy, and that helps her cope. Or I could be completely off the mark, which I probably am.

rexor0717

Just played it. Its really basic, but I'm trying to see if there is any depth to it. I've wanted an Avatar fighting game for quite some time now, but I fear this is the closest I'll get.
Well, I did a combo into a super, so that was cool. Its a nice little thing to entertain you for a few minutes. Oh well.

Trey

OK, I read the comic.

I'm thinking this is some plot to usurp the throne to make Zuko's claim invalid. Or it could've been that Ursa knew her letters were being intercepted and tried to make it so Zuko wouldn't have to be Fire Lord. Who knows? I'm going to be mad though if this turns out to be true.

EDIT: HOLD ON A SECOND
Ursa, in her letter, says that her only consolation is "our son" Zuko. I don't know if she means herself and Ozai or the other guy when she says this. Maybe she just thinks that Zuko looks like the other guy, and that helps her cope. Or I could be completely off the mark, which I probably am.

It would be extremely weak for them to kick up all that drama for it to be ameliorated by a syntax misunderstanding.

Also, not a real source, but if this is true, wow.

DEATH™

It would be extremely weak for them to kick up all that drama for it to be ameliorated by a syntax misunderstanding.

Also, not a real source, but if this is true, wow.

This has a great chance of not being true. They have too much to lose than to win. Many people will be turned off from both sides.

If true, the only winner of this was the shippers. They can ship whatever they want.

W_Dreamer

I can't play it because Nick region locks their website (oh lawd), but the official Facebook account just posted this.

575794_633664773316786_831882437_n.png

http://at.nick.com/105ZfUH

Probably some shitty flash game, but worth a look, I guess.

Still dont know why they dont have a proper fighting game for the Avatarverse.

They have enough characters and fighting styles. Not to mention all the cool finishing moves they could do.

Personally Id like to set up the match of Irohman vs Azula.

Bit-Bit

The same thing happened with Season 1 of Korra.

No news for a long time then BAM the first two episode is put online and they start airing it out of nowhere in April.

i just finished the promise and part one of the search.

amazing stuff. it was so..avatar. like i could hear their voices and stuff in my head as i was reading it. the new characters were excellent as well..makes me remember just how bad korra was in comparison. i was also pleasantly surprised that the entire comic was in color. thought it would be more manga like for some reason.

i hope the revelation in the end of the search part one isnt true because that would really ruin zukos character :|

I just finished Part 1 of the Search. I loved it. Ending explains so much of Zuko's family relationship.

Ozai never cared for him because he knew his mother lied to him, and felt no attachment to him, hence the scars, banishing. He just never let on because it would make him appear weak. Who would respect the Firelord if they knew he'd been a cuckold? For the entire show Zuko always felt his father hated him, and he did.

Tuck

Yeah so about that ending to The Search...

Exactly as QuiteWhittle says. It completely destroys any claim Zuko has to the throne, and ruins all that stuff Iroh said about redeeming his blood line. I hope its a red herring, cause its pretty stupid.

Are they like, trying to destroy this series' canon?

Yeah so about that ending to The Search...

Exactly as QuiteWhittle says. It completely destroys any claim Zuko has to the throne, and ruins all that stuff Iroh said about redeeming his blood line. I hope its a red herring, cause its pretty stupid.

Are they like, trying to destroy this series' canon?

Considering how awful Korra is, from an objective standpoint, then...I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Avatar post season 3 has been dreadful

Well the April date was said before in 2012 so it looks like it still remains that way.

As for the book thing? Fuck that shit until proven otherwise aka shenanigans are at play.

Considering how awful Korra is, from an objective standpoint, then...I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Avatar post season 3 has been dreadful

It is objectively not awful in anyway. Maybe disappointing and weak in some areas compared to its predecessor, but there is no way someone can watch Korra and say it is objectively awful. The art and music alone are enough to justify its quality.

lol

for all the shit i'm giving the series right now, its the shippers that allows me to not place it in "i dont give a flying fuck" territory due to their antics LOL
The stuff i've seen, man. So much drama over a cartoon.

You're a probably right. People on Tumblr where shipping them on soon as she was they saw her. They did the same thing as soon as they saw artwork of Korra and Mako shows up. If anything the fandom encourages shipping and romance to much.
Sad to say, but shippers have probably kept Korra, and other shows, aloft.

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume this character was created to for the purpose of romance and shipping.
Wouldn't doubt it. Bryan became really aware of just how many shippers there are in the AtLA/TLOK fanbase during the last season.

Sad to say, but shippers have probably kept Korra, and other shows, aloft.

Wouldn't doubt it. Bryan became really aware of just how many shippers there are in the AtLA/TLOK fanbase during the last season.
Shipping is something horrible, but I can't just look away.
Offtopic: Have you seen how man Gravity Falls shippers really do love their incest?
KuGsj.gif

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume this character was created to for the purpose of romance and shipping.

IIRC she is the princess of the Northen Water tribe which could be seen as important and the new season seems to be in her neck of the woods so i wouldn't place such an assesment as yet.

But we'll see...

Yep, it will change you somehow even if you are just observing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom