• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legendary Entertainment has acquired Street Fighter franchise film/TV rights

Doom85

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

The modern Godzilla films/Kong: Skull Island, Detective Pikachu, Dune, Pacific Rim, yeah Legendary has made some solid films. There’s definitely a few duds in their catalog, but still they‘ve shown they can make some good/great/excellent adaptations and such. Here’s hoping for the best, and that the rest of the Capcom catalog gets the same adaptation treatment.

Paul W.S. Anderson: But you guys, now that I’m done “adapting” Resident Evil and Monster Hunter, I still have to make “adaptations” of Mega Man, Devil May Cry, and Phoenix Wright with my wife Milla Jovovich playing a new character as the actual lead which is what I’m sure all the fans want-

The entire video game community:

Go Away Reaction GIF

EruditeHobo

Hot new direction to take in film, while also differentiating your project from the myriad of comic book adaptations these days... video game adaptations.

With the right creative team, this could be fun! Need die-hard fans, take a note from the pretty solid and enjoyable D&D movie -- those guys are not just film nerds who know how to shoot, they are clearly proper D&D fans.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Good luck to the cast who tackle this - you've got to find a way to out-do one of the greatest performances in cinematic history:
5b32fcb532ccf8e70e5a20f59fcbcdaa.gif

No Paul WS Anderson movies please. Also, they should make the final draft of George A Romero’s Resident Evil into a movie

Pejo

Gold Member
team america vomit GIF

*edit*

Man what a time to be alive. To think some of my favorite IPs have received/will be made into blockbuster Hollywood movies, only to be the most soulless agenda driven focus tested fists full of donkey shit.

Monkey Paw fucking curled on me in this reality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom