• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leslie Nielsen in Resident Evil 4

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Fantastic! Had a good laugh.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Woopah

Such an amazing style of movie, we need more of it.
I really miss him. I rewatch the naked gun series almost every year and its still so funny. Sadly you cant make movies like those nowadays without being cancelled...

Just watched it, lmao its one of his best videos for sure :D
I think the vast majority of humour of Naked Gun and Airplane could be done today. A lot of it is just visual gags, wordplay and absurdity.

Fbh

Lol that's great

Liam Neeson is gonna be Frank in the Naked Gun reboot. Don't know how I feel about it.

With good writers I actually think he could do a good job with it. He is good at playing it straight in a comedic setting.

I just have 0% faith any modern writers are going to do the name justice. And even on off change they could pull it off the studio is probably going to intervene and make it lame.

Last edited:

MAtgS

Liam Neeson is gonna be Frank in the Naked Gun reboot. Don't know how I feel about it.
In fairness Leslie was a serious actor and most of his humor is in playing It straight and deadpan. It'll be more on the writing and directing if the new film works. Let's face it, parodys/spoofs haven't been good for decades.

Reactions: Isa

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
In fairness Leslie was a serious actor and most of his humor is in playing It straight and deadpan. It'll be more on the writing and directing if the new film works. Let's face it, parodys/spoofs haven't been good for decades.
Last really good one I saw was 'Not Another Teen Movie'. Don't judge it by the title. It's really funny! (and it was 23 years ago)

Last edited:
Such an amazing style of movie, we need more of it.

I think the vast majority of humour of Naked Gun and Airplane could be done today. A lot of it is just visual gags, wordplay and absurdity.

Well except the part where the pilot gets a blow job. Then there's the tranny suprise scene. And don't forget the giant condoms.

P.S I watched way to many of his movies. Also Mr Magoo and Dracula Dead and Loving It. Plus 2001 Space Catastrophe.

Last edited:

Woopah

Well except the part where the pilot gets a blow job. Then there's the tranny suprise scene. And don't forget the giant condoms.

P.S I watched way to many of his movies. Also Mr Magoo and Dracula Dead and Loving It. Plus 2001 Space Catastrophe.
Probably anything that was making fun of someone being transgender would not make it in, but condom or blowjob jokes would be fine.

This was amazing! Thanks for the laugh. Rip Leslie Nielsen. He will always be missed.

Btw he was born on the same day as me. :)

Soulja

When 99% of celebrities die I actually don't give a shit, but this guy was in the 1% of people that genuinely gets to me. He's an absolute legend.

Top Bottom