• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let’s talk Bulletstorm VR.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I’ve read and seen a lot of reviews of this game on Quest, PSVR2 and PC.

Reviews have been terrible. I’ve heard they‘ve pulled the PSVR2 version.
I’ve also heard that the devs have censored/removed content.

Does anyone know what’s going on here? Any word from the devs?

Dazraell

TL;DR: Patch coming in a week.

c19.jpg

Techies

Looks fine on PC, guess 2024 VR is just way more fun on pc this time around. Actually thinking of selling my PSVR2 after RE4 is done.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looks fine on PC, guess 2024 VR is just way more fun on pc this time around. Actually thinking of selling my PSVR2 after RE4 is done.
PC version is currently tracking as mostly negative (43 reviews) on Steam. They don't seem to complaining about the graphics although there is no graphics options for the game.
I hope they release a patch soon to resolve the other issues.

nowhat

The lack of quality control in the management of the PSN store is embarrassing.
I agree with you in general (although, check out the shovelware in the Nintendo eShop - way worse, it's reaching Steam levels of garbage), but in this instance they did the right thing? Pulled the game before it was released and automatically refunded those that preordered, what could they have done better?

Ogbert

Sadly, one of the main problems VR has.

It’s a fantastic medium, but it simply gets nowhere near the level of developer support required. This is just a lazy cash grab.

Ogbert

The lack of quality control in the management of the PSN store is embarrassing.
This is my own fault, but yesterday I bought ‘Die after Sunset’.

Marketed as a PS5 only title. It is fucking excrable. Looks like a ps3 game, runs like shit and the settings are all over the place.

It shouldn’t be on the store. Again, I accept my stupidity, but Sony need to up their quality control, especially for PS5 only.

Wonko_C

This is strange to me, all I've heard are positive impressions of the game. (PC version), are the console versions butchered?

Hanzaki

Neo Member
I really don’t know why devs do this. They know will have a huge affect on sales.

No they won't have.
No Man's Sky, Cyberpunk, Jedi Survivor, Cities Skyline 2 (etc, etc) says otherwise....

These games are (and many others) sold millions and millions despite all of them were absolutely broken at launch.
It just easier this way for the publishers and the developers. They just generate a standard "sorry we didn't know but we are listening and will (maybe) fix the game" twitter, and if the initial sale wasn't good enough then they fix the game in some regards. If the sales were enough then they don't even bother to do that.
And the narrative of "the good guy developers are listening and fixing the issues and the game works now" just help for the later redemption articles everywhere so the game will sell even more after that because pf the extra "advertisment"...

It just a standard thing now really

I think they offered to develop the game on the cheap and underestimated how much effort is needed per platform, all versions seem to have their own set of serious problems.

Last edited:

RavageX

As the buyers we know exactly how to stop this shitty practice.
But instead we keep rewarding them for it.
So they won't stop 🤷‍♂️ 🤡
I think something that would help...

Pointing out "influencers" that hype shit games. Maybe companies will stop wasting resources on the bastards.

Companies that pull this apology/acknowledgement letter need to definitely be held accountable. Its as if they hope gamers dont realize the game they are playing sucks and is broken.

Its crazy how often the letters" appear these days.

Let me add....i dont follow or watch any influencers or youtube reviewers, but a lot...ALOT of people do.

Last edited:

cyberheater

It's Unreal Engine 4, I can just put a few strings in the Engine.ini and voila. How the game looks is mostly dictated by the power of my PC and config files.
I thought it unreal engine 3?

Techies

I thought it unreal engine 3?
The original was, but there's no way this one is based on UE3, if it was UE3 that would of meant they build the foundation to port any UE3 game into VR.

Which from my experience with UEVR mod, is the number one thing people want.

They want to play Mass Effect, Bioshock, Arkham games in VR.

Bulletstorm full clip at one point was ported to UE4.

Top Bottom