• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Uthred

Is it possible to buy Death Metal's yet? Downloaded it on my US account buy playing it with my UK account and when I try to buy Death metal's it just gives an error. Am I going to have to download the EU version as well? (Hope I dont lose progress)

MaKTaiL

Does the game have any kind of multiplayer or online functionality?
Multiplayer is like Clash of Clans battles. You choose a player and then you can invade their base to steal money. You may also encounter the characters of other players that died on the floors to battle against you.

Heyt

Banned
My EU PS Store appears emty when I access thrugh the game (have not checked other wise) hope some items get added soon...

Arklite

Man the constant raiding is annoying when you're trying to beat a boss. I can barely keep the 30k coins on hand to retrieve my highest character, so then its off to farm. MGSV mother base flash backs.

Is it possible to buy Death Metal's yet? Downloaded it on my US account buy playing it with my UK account and when I try to buy Death metal's it just gives an error. Am I going to have to download the EU version as well? (Hope I dont lose progress)
It is, bought a few the other day on the US store. You might be out of luck though, if it's like other virtual currency, you'd have to buy them on your US account in the US store, and they would only be available to that US account. While other dlc and games seem to work on all accounts on a console, currency does not.

(Might similarly be screwed for the vip passes, whenever those are available.)

Mandelbo

Yeah, hoping the raiding will die down in a few weeks. It's really quite annoying constantly coming back to a destroyed base and <10000 coins, and if I raid to get my money back then I'll just get on more people's revenge lists and the cycle will continue.

On the plus side, I got my first Grade 3 striker - only a few floors to go until the next boss fight!

No, in my first raid , one of the enemies characters got defeated by me and was on the floor in a dazed manner. I was able to pick him up and bring him back on the train with me and keep him hostage in my bathroom. I tried to do it again but it hasn't given me the option again . Not sure if I have to do something special to trigger the dazed state or if it's just random.

Disregard my earlier response, I hadn't unlocked raiding yet. Your first raid (free, no timer) is a kind of tutorial one, and one of the characters always gets dazed so that you can learn to keep them hostage. I haven't raided past that, but you would need a free space in the bathroom to capture more characters, and it only has one spot at the start (until you uncrease its capacity with lithium). If you haven't upgraded it, and you still have the CPU character there (likely, as it takes 48 hours to convert them), you probably can't capture any more.

squidyj

Disregard my earlier response, I hadn't unlocked raiding yet. Your first raid (free, no timer) is a kind of tutorial one, and one of the characters always gets dazed so that you can learn to keep them hostage. I haven't raided past that, but you would need a free space in the bathroom to capture more characters, and it only has one spot at the start (until you uncrease its capacity with lithium). If you haven't upgraded it, and you still have the CPU character there (likely, as it takes 48 hours to convert them), you probably can't capture any more.

seems more likely that someone raids you in that 48 and takes the dude than you get to convert him

Lork

How do I increase the maximum kill coins the bank can hold? I'm at the limit and I don't really want to do anything else until I can get money again.

Lork

Tokyo Death Metro
>Waiting Room
>Buy Equipment

costs a fair bit of SPLithium
Is that station where you talk to Tetsuo? It won't let me access any menus there because it wants me to do some multiplayer thing. I guess I have to do that first?

When I received access to level two characters, lower level raids were locked out. The minimum is level 16 I believe now.

When does the next raid tier level unlock? What is it?

squidyj

Iron Hammer is such a powerful early weapon. first thing i took to 20, tore through the first boss in like 4 passes with mostly r2 spam and one rage attack.

Lork

Well, I did the tutorial raid and now I think I've opened my waiting room up to raids without having anything whatsoever to defend myself with, considering all I have is the naked guy from the tutorial, and I only have about half of the SPLithium needed to upgrade the bank.

Now what?

squidyj

Well, I did the tutorial raid and now I think I've opened my waiting room up to raids without having anything whatsoever to defend myself with, considering all I have is the naked guy from the tutorial, and I only have about half of the SPLithium needed to upgrade the bank.

Now what?

do some raids. at base you'll get an 800 lithium and kill coin bonus on top of what you loot for completing the raid, should be pretty easy to get a few thousand lithium like that. I forget which ones but some of them are NPCs that have no defense and lots of loot.

Just keep your bag clear except for the stuff you're actually using in the raid, don't go raiding with crafting materials or a ton of consumables in your bag.

Lork

do some raids. at base you'll get an 800 lithium and kill coin bonus on top of what you loot for completing the raid, should be pretty easy to get a few thousand lithium like that. I forget which ones but some of them are NPCs that have no defense and lots of loot.

Just keep your bag clear except for the stuff you're actually using in the raid, don't go raiding with crafting materials or a ton of consumables in your bag.
I see. I did some raids and got the SPL I needed, thanks.

When I goo in the game store nothing shows up when it puts me through psn store.
Hm, a bunch of death metal packages show up for me when I choose the PS store option from within the game, in the DH service menu.

I'm in the US, on a US account, looking at the US store, not sure if that makes a difference, or if you are too.

OniBaka

Hm, a bunch of death metal packages show up for me when I choose the PS store option from within the game, in the DH service menu.

I'm in the US, on a US account, looking at the US store, not sure if that makes a difference, or if you are too.
I'm using my Australian account and got the game from there too. Are the coins also on the web store?

I'm using my Australian account and got the game from there too. Are the coins also on the web store?
Just checked, they are on the us web store, and the psn store when accessed out of game.

Maybe their currency rollout is even dumber then their EU rollout? Makes no sense, you'd think they would like to take our money.

OniBaka

Just checked, they are on the us web store, and the psn store when accessed out of game.

Maybe their currency rollout is even dumber then their EU rollout? Makes no sense, you'd think they would like to take our money.
Yeah just checked the web store and it's not there, why won't they take my money! Lol

vilmer_

There seems to be a few more people now nearing floor 20 and beyond. You will now need to prepare as much as you can before hand as the difficulty spike is absolutely massive. The floor 20 boss alone will cause some severe mental pain :lol

The fight between California and the UK just ended... And damn the fight bonus is huge, at least on the California side. 43k kill coins and 43k splithium!

Not sure how much my participation affected that. Had 5 successful raids, a capture, and a couple successful defenses as part of the fight.

Anyone on the UK side here? If so, did you get something for putting up a good fight?

Caim

Login bonus boxes are random for everyone right?

I got a 3-star blueprint today and it was the Flame Wand.

I don't have the materials to make it yet though.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope they sell the OST for this game at some point. It's so fucking good. Yamaoka is a god

Yeah, it's got the kind of music that could infect you and haunt your offline time as well.
I really hope Yamaoka's stuff and the 100+ bands' songs are made available in some form.

What a pathetically limited and seemingly random selection of countries. Iceland, but not any Scandinavian countries?!

It's not up in Japan yet? Seems like they're trying to make a bigger deal out of the release over here. Apparently there's some sort of Let It Die "festival" in Tokyo on 22nd Jan... Could be interesting.

There's talk of a PS+ bundle coming at some point right? Want to put some money into this, but I think I'll wait a bit.

What a pathetically limited and seemingly random selection of countries. Iceland, but not any Scandinavian countries?!

This is a typical soft-launch like they do with mobile games, which shouldn't be too much of a surprise considering that GungHo published this. Sort of weird for console games though.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
So any tips for this game? I downloaded and I haven't started it yet.

Don't be afraid to use your fists (they level up just like any other weapon, and are nice and fast for stuffing early enemy attacks)

Don't worry about equipment breaking, or the lack of loot early on.
You'll soon start finding blueprints/materials used to R&D equipment, which can then be bought and lasts for a good while.

Lock-on with R3 and switch targets with d-pad Up (yeah...)

To reload a projectile weapon, hold X and press R2/L2 (depending on which hand it's in).

There's a bunch more, but if all else fails, all tutorials are saved in the Underworld Rolodex, so you can look up anything you might have missed.

leaf_

This game is awesome!!!
The boss fight on 10th floor was really nice and I was not expecting this kind of production on a f2p and then the complete change on scenery on the 11th was AMAZING. I can`t stop playing.

Only complaint is the technical side, too many stuttering and late textures =\
And the small load to buy things is kinda annoying too.
Hopefully there is a performance patch in the future.

This game is awesome!!!
The boss fight on 10th floor was really nice and I was not expecting this kind of production on a f2p and then the complete change on scenery on the 11th was AMAZING. I can`t stop playing.

Only complaint is the technical side, too many stuttering and late textures =
And the small load to buy things is kinda annoying too.
Hopefully there is a performance patch in the future.
Stuttering and late textures is the Unreal engine. Not sure they can do much about it, it plagues every game that uses Unreal. Was kinda surprised to see the Unreal logo when it first booted up, would love to see that engine finally die. Its day is long over.

Edit: well, technically I'm sure they could heavily modify the engine, but I assume that is far beyond the scope of what they are willing to do

DrkSage

So I finally got some time to actually sit down and play this game and read up on everything. Made it to the 4th floor and I must say it that's where it R eally starts to shine. Finally got the hang of it

saturnine

Managed to repel four attacks on my room. Feels nice! Guess I was targeted because I abducted a dude. Was only rank 1 level 1 though. The players that failed will probably miss their gear more than his owner will miss him ahah.

Also, third time that I witnessed the layout of the tower change. I guess that's how they want to incentivize exploration? Noticed that the new floors tend to be choke full of materials too.

Having trouble getting used to the timing of the combat. I keep attacking from too far away.

Really digging this game but I wish the lock on was a little stronger similar to the souls games.

Skrams

Completed the quest to kill all enemies on Wanoki with the Pickaxe.

2 great things I confirmed for myself.

A hater killing an enemy doesn't seem to discredit your quest as I found one enemy dead later in the level due to a hater.

You only need to finish the enemy with the weapon. I had 3 pickaxes to help me clear the level and was afraid of durability. I punched guys twice or got them low enough to finish them off with a pickaxe. It popped on the final enemy just fine.

Good that I know this for sure now.

Also I just used the Crossbow Finisher against an enemy near a wall. Her head was on the bolt.

CzNhEOJW8AAeIn3.jpg

I DIDN'T THROW ANYTHING ON THIS QUEST AND IT DIDN'T POP. WHY. Unless it means projectiles or even simply eating or anything I don't know.

For those of you that haven't reached floor 10 yet. If you want to clean up the lower floors, make sure you do it before you beat the boss. Once you get your first rank 2 dude you open the door for Haters up to level 50 to show up everywhere.

Top Bottom