• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Star Ocean can't be the Game Verendus was talking about.

According to him it will be a huge AAA JRPG Game which will compete with the Final Fantasy Games.
Its a risky Project and will be Sony's last attempt to try something like this

Doesn't sound like Star Ocean

Also about that FF7 Remake: Verendus wasn't talking about the port, but more a full fledged remake for next gen Consoles

galvenize

Oh lawd this is the thread of hope and dreams if any of the last posts are to be believed...
Once again this year's pre e3 hype will be insane.

Fixed alittle.

Fix? lol, you just broke it. Verendus wasn't referring to either of those games. The FFVII port doesn't match his description at all, he was clearly talking about a proper remake. And I have no idea how on earth you've somehow come to the conclusion that Star Ocean 5 is a Sony game.

" 1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it."
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144519589&postcount=178

It's also worth pointing out that he said that AFTER PSX.

Personally, I don't have much hope for it anyway, not from a Murayama-less Suikoden and definitely not from today's Konami.

Zukkoyaki

We're about at that time of the year where we start seeing interesting new trademarks to fuel our E3 speculation. We had Bloodborne, Entwined, Kill Strain, and Guns Up last year. We're bound to get some soon!

Circinus

In terms of first party Sony Computer Entertainment games, I'm looking forward to Ratchet & Clank, even though I don't have a PS4. Just seeing the trailer for a new Ratchet & Clank game that will be a singificant graphical step up from the PS3 is going to be great I think.

I've already said this, but I think Ratchet & Clank might be one of the first games ever that might come somewhat close to cartoon Toy Story CGI graphics.

And Ratchet's fur looks so fuzzy that it makes me want to pet him. ^.^

latest

Also eager to see more about Rime, Tearaway: Unfolded, The Tomorrow Children and Wild.

Who at Sony do I have to blow for a PS4 Patapon or a HD release of Patapon 2?

I've only played Patapon 3 and it's a very good game to me. Love the intro music theme as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4Y2OesxUc

Reallly unique combination of strategy and rhythm. And the Patapon minions are awesome. :)

Can you explain me what you think makes Patapon 3 not as good as Patapon 2? A lot of people seem to prefer Patapon 2. Thanks in advance. :)

IF this turns out to be true i'm gonna be kinda disappointed, Ni No Kuni wasn't for me. We will see what Level 5 is working on. Until we know what it is we shouldn't believe him :p

Well Level 5 said they wanted to make an epic game that exceeds the scale of White Knight Chronicles.

So the chances of the whatever level 5 are making for the ps4 being Ni no Kuni are slim as hell.

So any idea what Sucker Punch i working on? They are the only studio I have literally no idea

Open world game. Most likely modern-setting because one of their hiring jobs was something like a fashion designer.

Probably earliest we'll hear anything is next year since they only shipped SS and FL last year.

delSai

What we know so far is, that they are working on an openworld game again. Infamous or new Ip - that's the question

Probably Infamous again. IIRC Sucker Punchs Nate Fox said there's still many stories to be told in the Infamous universe, sounds like they are not done making those games yet.
And that makes me happy. Infamous is amazing.

Sony formed a new Studio called North West Studio to work on Morpheus Games

f7c9f6-1431958735.jpg

So yeah, welcome to the family (now its 15 Studios)

Also: This Thread will get a massive Update after E3

Shin-Ra

Supermassive Games have this Graphics Programmer job position and it's recent going by the April 2015 description in the URL. (and 1504 in the Ref number)

We have several PlayStation-exclusive titles at various stages of development and are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Graphics Programmer to help us deliver on our ambitious plans. You will need to have broad experience of different game engines and renderers, and be able to quickly get up to speed and make an effective contribution to the project.

Not a surprise considering how much they've worked on for SCEE before but it's solid confirmation there's more.

I'm still hopeful for Tumble 2!

Sony Bend, GG's Horizon, TLG, Morpheus. Updates on most of the announced first party published games.

Think that's enough for a standout E3 Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom