• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk Terrace House

so who watches this damn show? where is the OT on this? wtf guys!

i don't know how i got hooked on it, but it's very addicting. i don't know what it is about the show that is so appealing, but i think i like it because it seems more authentic. i also love the cinematography of it, from the food they eat, the clothes they wear, and the different venues they visit. what caught me off guard at first was the group of comedians commenting and making fun of the very same thing i'm watching and thinking. some of the most hilarious and enjoyable part of the show. i'm super glad they renewed it for 2019-20 and keeping it in japan, and bringing it back to tokyo. i think the reason why aloha state "failed" was because having so many foreigners, it loses the appeal of what terrace house is.

i've been taking a peak of the new season toyko 2019-20, and it's better than ever. let's discuss!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I once saw a clip of a dude handing a bunch of flowers to a girl way above his league like it's a damn anime and then he got rejected and left the house or something I dunno it was weird. There was a lot of crying involved.

I prefer to experience Japan in person. Fresh barf on the streets of Kabukicho ahh memories.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I once saw a clip of a dude handing a bunch of flowers to a girl way above his league like it's a damn anime and then he got rejected and left the house or something I dunno it was weird. There was a lot of crying involved.
lol owned

Jae Mara

Reality tv is trash! Saying that I watched "opening new doors" and it was pretty great.

The hosts that act in as a stand in family somewhat with their own roles it is actually what makes half the show for me. Its very interesting to see the similarities and differences in dating, relationships etc between the Japanese culture and a more western one I'm attuned to. I like the fact that they have their normal lives in the show too, they go to work, they can even watch themselves on the episodes that air etc.

Tried to get into "In the city" straight after but burnt out after 5 of 6 episodes in. Giving it a break at the moment and will get back to it in a few months down the line or perhaps Ill just pick up the new series instead.

i also love the cinematography of it
Yeah this is something that can easily go unnoticed, there are some nice camera work in there to sell parts of the story a little more.

Last edited:

Keihart

Oh god, i just entered the black hole of the first season, boys and girls next door, 90 something episodes and i just hit the 45.
Tecchan and Rinchan had my favorite moments coupled with Daikun and Tecchan broship.
Never realized that the kamakura garden shop was a staple.
Still no Tsubasa x Shion levels of wholesomeness.

DKehoe

Not seen the newest Tokyo season yet but I’ve seen the other Netflix ones. It’s so good.

The twist that happens towards the end of the first Tokyo season is crazy.

near

Gold Member
I binged all 3 parts of TH Tokyo 2019 - 2020 and now I'm watching TH Opening New Doors. I hate reality TV, but for some reason I got hooked on this franchise about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I blame the coronavirus lockdown.

near

Gold Member
Is this more like Big Brother or more like Real World?

Not sure what Real World is, but its nothing like Big Brother. The concept is simple, introduce 6 tenants into a nice house and let them continue living out there lives. The house guests are always interesting people who are aspiring to become better in there field of interest. They don't often over stay there welcome, and they're free to come and go out the house as they please. There is a bit of romance here and there, but it's more about how each individual grows during there time in the house. It's inspiring more so than anything.

Top Bottom