• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's watch Cosmo break Zelda speedrun records

I never watch speed runs but I'm watching one of his Ocarina of Time runs and it's absolutely captivating.

How some of this stuff gets discovered I have no idea. Really wish I knew how to do some of these glitches back when I was 12 so that I could show off to my friends.

I never watch speed runs but I'm watching one of his Ocarina of Time runs and it's absolutely captivating.
In the exact same situation. Holy hell, how do people discover these things? Can you deduce glitches from pouring over the code? I refuse to believe that it's possible to trial and error your way into learning every one of those tricks

kylej

Banned
yes some of it is pouring over code. But also remember, what you see now is the result of more than a decade's worth of playing by hundreds of different people along the way. it's a collaborative effort.

Portugeezer

In the exact same situation. Holy hell, how do people discover these things? Can you deduce glitches from pouring over the code? I refuse to believe that it's possible to trial and error your way into learning every one of those tricks

I wouldn't be surprised if most of it is trial and error. These games are popular and many years old. Game testers are meant to find glitches and bugs, over the years there will be a lot of more complex glitches and bugs to discover.

Anth0ny

I watch Cosmo's stream every damn day. About time there's a thread on GAF :)

Happy he got the WR today!
Now he needs to play Banjo Kazooie

Trevelyon

Demoon9 running. Good splits after a rough start, might set a new PB.

Edit: Ahhh, screwed over at the spike gates, might just lose the run. :(

FSLink

Banned
Ganon trolling him sucks.

Still, awesome. This gets me hyped for the HD release~

Ahahaha yay Commander Keen run during credits.

SamuraiX-

kmorgLI.png

crMaVWd.png

VOD: http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright/b/460150345

World record run starts at 05:27:19.

Gonna have to go back and watch it. Only managed to catch his first four hours of failed attempts when it was live. :p

SamuraiX-

This back and forth between Cosmo and Demoon is so awesome to watch.

Agreed. It's insane to me to see these guys are continuing to come up with new speedrun strats every single day for a decade old game.

I really love that there's a guy like Demon who continues to keep pushing Cosmo because looking at the leaderboards, everyone else is pretty much out of their league. Despite how much Cosmo loves Wind Waker, I just know he would stagnate and not really try anymore if there wasn't anybody to challenge his records.

Top Bottom