• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name is releasing on November 9, 2023

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It feels like they release the same game every year with a different story. Yakuza 5 was great, but I had decided not to play another Yakuza game again. What I've seen hasn't changed my mind.

SEGA_2012

Because unlike Ubisoft games, these are still fun and embrace the craziness.
And they have no bugs. The only bug i can remember in a RGG game was a bug in Yakuza 6 where you got stuck in the Arcade. Aside of that no bugs, the games are really polished.

Gambit2483

SEGA is probably being EXTREMELY reactionary to the fact Like A Dragon Ishin sold pretty poorly at retailers....but what SEGA needs to realize is that it's a Remasterd port based in Fuedal Japan. It was never going to do Yakuza 0 numbers.

In any event I won't be picking this up unless it's physical. Maybe Limited Run could step in...

saintjules

SEGA is probably being EXTREMELY reactionary to the fact Like A Dragon Ishin sold pretty poorly at retailers....but what SEGA needs to realize is that it's a Remasterd port based in Fuedal Japan. It was never going to do Yakuza 0 numbers.

In any event I won't be picking this up unless it's physical. Maybe Limited Run could step in...

I get owning the physical as that's my preference too, but I mean to never play the game because it's digital only? Not sure.

I still want to support so that we can keep seeing these titles come to the west.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Me and 2 of my (Yakuza) friends actually struggled to get a copy of Like a Dragon Ishin - my trusted retailer cancelled my pre-order and there weren't any available during launch day. So yeah, to me it definitely felt like the demand was higher than supply. Maybe it was different in other countries, dunno.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Oh shit, Judgement cross-over in this !

Me waiting for Judgement 3:

waiting-alone-pablo-escobar-meme-59plbd99bd7kqbt1.gif

Oh shit, Judgement cross-over in this !...
what's weird is, after really enjoying yakuza 0, yakuza 6, & the 2 remakes, it'd seem that, as a series fan since day 1, that was it for me, no regrets. i couldn't get into like a dragon (or ishin - would've far preferred kenzan!), but i enjoyed both judgement games, & was good with that as a kamurocho sim successor. no interest whatsoever in a kiryu revival/resurrection...

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Me waiting for Judgement 3:

waiting-alone-pablo-escobar-meme-59plbd99bd7kqbt1.gif
I think Kaito is a way for RGG Studio to dodge the Kimura Takuya's image issues...

Kaito could be the main protagonist of Judgment 3...
Add Kaoru in Judgment and it's a master class 😎

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I think Kaito is a way for RGG Studio to dodge the Kimura Takuya's image issues...

Kaito could be the main protagonist of Judgment 3...
Add Kaoru in Judgment and it's a master class 😎
Both Judgement's already released on PC. I'd assume Takuya Kimura's image issue is long gone.

Kaido is a good side character, not enough to lead an entire game imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom