• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth | Review Thread

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I'm extremely excited to play this, having only finished Yakuza 0 and the PS3 version of Yakuza 3 (back when the series seemed like it was on its last legs). Currently making my way through Yakuza Kiwami 1. Hopefully will only be a few more years until I finish the rest of the series (and Judgment) and can get to this.

Although I'm a little worried the team will crank out Yakuzas faster than I can keep up with them.

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I literally cannot wait. Hope I can finish the Another Code remake by Friday so I can go in clean.

• Strength

Gambit2483

final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-has-been-rated-t-for-teen-v0-h3hs18whn40c1.jpg
Just realized the symbolizm of this picture...wow. 😯

Eiknarf

Banned
This uses turn based combat?

What exactly is “turn based combat” vs the fighting I’m used to in games like Ghost of Tsushima?

Pardon my ignorance

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This uses turn based combat?

What exactly is “turn based combat” vs the fighting I’m used to in games like Ghost of Tsushima?

Pardon my ignorance
When you get into a battle, the action basically stops - and a menu comes up listing what actions are available.

Remember this?

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

This is the basic essence of combat in the newer Like A Dragon games.

They've styled it to look like this now:

XIBMFeQ.png

But it functions basically the same.

It's called turn-based, because when it's your turn to choose an action, the enemies will wait for you to choose what you're doing.

Eiknarf

Banned
When you get into a battle, the action basically stops - and a menu comes up listing what actions are available.

Remember this?

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

This is the basic essence of combat in the newer Like A Dragon games.

They've styled it to look like this now:

XIBMFeQ.png

But it functions basically the same.

It's called turn-based, because when it's your turn to choose an action, the enemies will wait for you to choose what you're doing.
Very interesting

I haven’t tried it, so I’m curious to know how it feels and how fun it is

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam says this unlocks in 12 hours

Where's my boy Nankatsu Nankatsu with the OT?

Eiknarf

Banned
I read that in this installment there will be male nudity instead of female nudity.

Don’t know what that means or if true

StereoVsn

Genuinely curious about the people holding off on getting this until after they finish Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy comes out like 35 whole days after this game does. Do you all seriously not have enough time to play this before the next big game releases? Not judging, genuinely curious.
I still got Gaiden to play and my backlog is strong 😅. So yeah, going to play other stuff till Rebirth and afterwards will grab Infinite Wealth and somewhere down the line, P3.

Although I am super tempted to get both immediately I know quite well they will just sit on the shelf for a few months.

StereoVsn

I'm extremely excited to play this, having only finished Yakuza 0 and the PS3 version of Yakuza 3 (back when the series seemed like it was on its last legs). Currently making my way through Yakuza Kiwami 1. Hopefully will only be a few more years until I finish the rest of the series (and Judgment) and can get to this.

Although I'm a little worried the team will crank out Yakuzas faster than I can keep up with them.
I would just play first Like a Dragon, Gaiden and then this game. You can catch up on the rest afterwards. And I say that as a huge fan of the series.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Like A Dragon Eyes GIF by Xbox

It's almost time.

While I will love Rebirth....Like a Dragon had god levels of creativity and polish. If Wealth manages to match the first, the for me it will be GOTY material.

If Wealth is BETTER than Like a Dragon....well...let's not say stupid shit we can't take back.

Last edited:

Aenima

Post office sent me a text message notifying me they will be delivering the game today. My Ichiboner is ready.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun

Croga

Xbox version unlocked with New Zealand trick, go go go!

I've been media silent on this, not even played the demo after finishing Gaiden, this is my most anticipated game of the year, Rebirth a close second.

Enjoy everyone!

DosGamer

There going to be an OT with this?
Also, can anybody confirm if there is a weather system in the game. Does it rain periodically or at all? Storms? Anything of that nature?

Thief1987

There going to be an OT with this?
Also, can anybody confirm if there is a weather system in the game. Does it rain periodically or at all? Storms? Anything of that nature?
In previous games there wasn't any dynamic TOD or weather system. Conditions are fixed and determined by the story. I don't think it changes in this game.

Last edited:

Complistic

I'm hoping they run a sale on Like a Dragon and Gaiden soon. Gonna finish 0 and then play the remakes. Then watch summaries to get caught up on this.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Wow, wasnt expecting these scores at all.

Highly enjoyed the first one and will def grab this sooner than later.

That tweak to the turn based battles with being able to move around a bit before executing moves sounds like exactly like what South Park did with Fractured But Whole.

SOLD

Last edited:

Aenima

5 hours in and Im loving the improved combat system mechanics. Makes the combats a bit more strategic and less boring compared to the 1st LaD. Hard to put it down, loving everething about it and I still havent reached Hawaii yet.

DeVeAn

I’m torn. Buy the base game a get DLC when in on sale. What they tend to do is put ultimate on sale but the DLC stays full price for longer period. 🤔 just know it will price reduce in 3 months. Annoying lol.

Last edited:

jshackles

Only a few hours in but loving this game so far. Massive amounts of charm.

Eiknarf

Banned
Only a few hours in but loving this game so far. Massive amounts of charm.
Is it rated M for semi-nudity like some of the older titles?
The one “Yakuza” game I played years ago had your character go into a video store and watch actual clips of chics for some reason

Top Bottom