• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limo burned at inauguration protest was owned by a Muslim immigrant; cost him $70,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal27

Banned
My Twitter feed always seems to defend riotous violence, but I'll never really understand it. I just can't really see what it accomplishes. If it was an absolute last resort as a resistance against militant oppression maybe? But I think we have a lot of other avenues available at the moment before it comes to that.

Hex

Banned
I hate to see this kind of thing.
If you have to be violent, and are protesting Trump burn something of Trumps. Period.
If you are protesting cops, burn something of cops.
Nobody else. Nobody else deserves it.
Lashing out at the safest target is asinine and makes you a pathetic bully.

Depends on the type of insurance. Most people get the cheap kind that's mandatory in order to operate a vehicle: insurance to cover the cost of fixing the damage done to other drivers/vehicles in an accident where you are at fault. Adding personal protection to fix your own vehicle when you're at fault is more expensive which is why some people waive it.

Since the rioters likely didn't have Riot Insurance they likely won't be providing the limo owner with the cost of repairs.
This is 100% tales from your ass. You think a limo company in New York has the same insurance requirements as an individual driver? I'd be willing to bet he actually made money on it being destroyed.

You know, if they'd actually taken a real shot at Trump, one of his hotels or something, it'd still be kinda shitty but I'd understand your point.

Burning some random immigrant's car isn't smashing the state. Even if it is a rental limo.

When liberals are talking about peaceful protests, they're not talking about what Gandhi did, they're talking about doing things that don't inconvenience them and are approved by the state.
KX0lYUT.jpg
There is a wide chasm between destroying the private property of an immigrant with no relation to your grievances and fighting back against Nazis to destroy them. You could easily attack a Trump Organization holding and have a much more compelling case for your actions. But that would require actual boldness, not the cowardice that goes into attacking a limo.

Ain't nobody learnt from the Reichstag fire.

Yeah, let's be nicer to nazis so they don't have a reason to blame us for things. I'm sure that'll work.

Yeahhhh I think we have a different idea of "successful"...

The Intifada was recognized as an occasion where the Palestinians acted cohesively and independently of their leadership or assistance of neighbouring Arab states.[82][83][84]

The Intifada broke the image of Jerusalem as a united Israeli city. There was unprecedented international coverage, and the Israeli response was criticized in media outlets and international fora.[82][85][86]

The success of the Intifada gave Arafat and his followers the confidence they needed to moderate their political programme: At the meeting of the Palestine National Council in Algiers in mid-November 1988, Arafat won a majority for the historic decision to recognise Israel's legitimacy; to accept all the relevant UN resolutions going back to 29 November 1947; and to adopt the principle of a two-state solution.[87]

Jordan severed its residual administrative and financial ties to the West Bank in the face of sweeping popular support for the PLO.[88] The failure of the "Iron Fist" policy, Israel's deteriorating international image, Jordan cutting legal and administrative ties to the West Bank, and the U.S.'s recognition of the PLO as the representative of the Palestinian people forced Rabin to seek an end to the violence though negotiation and dialogue with the PLO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Intifada#Outcomes

*cough*

Well educated people can certainly disagree on these issues, but I've seen over and over again in the past two years that the most strident anti-militants tend to have the weakest grasp of popular movement history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom