• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park new single "Burn it Down"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single sounds good IMO

But yes Fort minor needs to come back and give us another album/mixtape.

Reanimation will forever be my favorite linkin park album.

nilbog21

Banned
Why do people talk about lyrics when it comes to Linkin park? People just listen to it because to them it sounds good (I loved hybrid theory in middle school), not because they identify with the lyrics..

have you guys seen the video for this song? holy shit it is bad. i dont know why their videos are so god dam shitty.

i wish they would make more good stuff like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46_vy76HJIU

Sai-kun

Banned
Why do people talk about lyrics when it comes to Linkin park? People just listen to it because to them it sounds good (I loved hybrid theory in middle school), not because they identify with the lyrics..

Hey, I do sometimes! In Pieces was very relevant at that point in my life.

Living Things release day challenge

Mike Shinoda said:
Imagine opening your birthday presents by yourself, alone. Imagine having no one to look in the eye, sharing the excitement of each new thing.

Now imagine opening those presents, surrounded by the people you love. There’s something better about sharing an exciting moment with other people.

Growing up, when one of my favorite bands released a new album, it was an event. I used to leave school at lunchtime with my friends to drive to the store and buy it. We would rip open the packages and put one in, and listen to it together, eating lunch in the car. We would shout over the music, rewind our favorite parts, play songs over. It recently occurred to me how sad it is that so much of that experience has been lost. Albums leak, release dates are spread out over the course of weeks, and often, people hear an album alone, on pathetic computer speakers. True, they tweet, text, and chat about it, but the magic isn’t as magical.

Our new album LIVING THINGS comes out in the US on June 26. It hits the shelves in a number of other countries on June 22. And it’s no secret that the album will likely leak a week or two prior. We want to issue a challenge to our fans: make the LIVING THINGS release date a special event for yourself.

When the album leaks, ignore it.

You’ll only have to wait a few days. Then, at midnight of the release date in your country, listen to the album from front to back. If you can, listen to it with friends. Have a party. Drive somewhere. Enjoy yourself. If you decide to download the album leak rather than purchase the album, fine. This challenge still applies to you. This is not about downloading, it’s about deciding to have more fun.

However you get the album, document the day. Take photos of you buying the album and putting the CD in your car, downloading it and listening to it on your iPod, streaming it and playing it on your stereo. Tweet your photos to us @linkinpark with the hashtag #LIVINGTHINGSRELEASEDAY. We’ll retweet our favorites.

We want LIVING THINGS release day to be as special for you as it will be for us. Challenge yourself to hold out, and we’ll all share in the excitement together. For the record, I’ll be celebrating on the 26th, so if you want to celebrate with me, come find me on Twitter.

Also, Album OT is done and will be posted real soon! Or just tell me if you guys want me to create the thread now since the album is going to leak in probably 10-12 days.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm starting to get hyped for this. Just watched the Burn it Down video and the song is pretty damn good. It reminds me of Numb + The Catalyst.

A Thousand Suns was an interesting project, but it deviated too much from their original sound. If they can create something that feels kike Hybrid Theory or Meteora, yet at the same time introduces something new, this could be great.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I've been reading this thread, and I'm loling at the fact that most of the haters that wrote dumb comments are now banned. Did LP burn them down? ;)

I've been reading this thread, and I'm loling at the fact that most of the haters that wrote dumb comments are now banned. Did LP burn them down? ;)

Wow, I didn't notice that.

Also, CASTLE OF GLASS to be Featured in EA's Medal of Honor: Warfighter

LPassociation.com said:
As we already know from last week's reveal trailer of EA's Medal of Honor: Warfighter, LIES GREED MISERY, a track from Linkin Park's forthcoming album LIVING THINGS was featured as the backdrop to our first glimpse of multiplayer gameplay. It's now been revealed that another LIVING THINGS track will be tied in with the game in the form of CASTLE OF GLASS. The track will be used in the game itself and is potentially going to be one of the theme songs for the game. It's unknown if LIES GREED MISERY will also be featured in the game in some capacity or if it was just used for the trailer. Medal of Honor: Warfighter will be released October 23rd, 2012 for XBOX 360, Playstation 3 and PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom