• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Parks shares Carpool Karaoke video filmed one week before Chester's suicide

Video at the link.

Pitchfork said:
On July 14, Linkin Park filmed an episode of Apple Music’s show “Carpool Karaoke.” Six days later, their frontman Chester Bennington died by suicide. The band have now shared the episode online, with approval from Bennington’s family. Ken Jeong hosted the episode, which found Bennington in the driver’s seat, joined by bandmates Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn in the backseat. They sang OutKast, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Aerosmith, as well as their own “Numb,” “In the End,” and “Talking to Myself.” Watch the episode below.

Just goes to show it's incredibly easy to mask depression. I do it on a daily basis.

Haruko

I'M BECOMING THIS, ALL I WANT TO DO
IS BE MORE LIKE ME AND BE LESS LIKE MIKE

xD

<3 these guys; thankful Chester's family shared this video with the world.

I'm happy to see LP practicing again too...

bs9ZqWt.png

Wait, is the carpool stuff fake? the reflection in his glasses never change as he drives.

I mean, yes. You thought they would actually drive on real roads? They could get pulled over, and I doubt insurance companies want the liability for accidents. Look at how animated Chester is while singing; he takes his hands off the wheel and his eyes off the road several times.

Video at the link.

Just goes to show it's incredibly easy to mask depression. I do it on a daily basis.
Eh I'm sure Chester was genuinely happy at that moment of time. Depressed people can have very high highs and very low lows. The lows can come abruptly and without warning.

My theory is that Chester had not planned to commit suicide at all, but that it was a spur of the moment reaction to the tremendous sadness he felt at the time which was due to it being Cornell's birthday.

I mean, yes. You thought they would actually drive on real roads? They could get pulled over, and I doubt insurance companies want the liability for accidents. Look at how animated Chester is while singing; he takes his hands off the wheel and his eyes off the road several times.

They probably do it like TV shows/movies generally do it, which is having the car on a specialized towing rig that is being pulled by another vehicle.

random25

This is actually great. Joe's kinda shy, but Chester and Mike were so into it. Not awkward like the Foo Fighters one.

RoyalFool

Banned

I don't know what to believe anymore!

Top Bottom