• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Link's family is present in the japanese version of Master Work Legend of Zelda BOTW

Michele

you.
I found this information from a Italian website, so I really can't link it as it's not a English...Oh well, I can link, but I don't know if it's allowed. https://www.pokemonmillennium.net/n...ata-nelledizione-occidentale-di-master-works/
Master Works is that japanese company who made this book to give out to viewers for them to see the concept art, at least I think so. The translation was done by Dark Horse..

In short, Japanese version has a very important thing, among the concept arts. At one point in the book, you can see this image here:

zelda-botw-links-family-jan102019.jpg

This image above is what is assumed to be Link's family. I don't know about the second image, but I'm guessing it's about the same. Obviously, there is the protagonist, but there are two other peoples, who is assumed to be both Link's little sister and the dad. However, this was changed in the Western version by just another concept art.

Zenaku

The japanese at the top reads "kazoku" 家族, which means family. So yeah, that's Links family.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Cool. We don't often see his dad ey? Maybe in only some 2D games briefly before he takes off on an adventure he never returns from causing Link to take up the mantle?

What's the art in the western version there of?

Last edited:
Link had a Little Sister in Wind Waker too and when I first played the Series assumed that the Sister WAS Zelda! XD

Surprised they never really bothered with giving them names for more lore.

iconmaster

Banned
That's neat. As mentioned, it's not unheard-of. Besides his sister in Wind Waker there was his uncle in Link to the Past -- probably the best-known example.

Top Bottom