• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List Of Known/Rumored GDC Announcements

Ctrl+F "Battlefield"

Nothing? I thought we got repeated "Soon" messages from DICE and EA. Wouldn't their event be the time to show off their next DLC/expansion, whatever it may be?

Yeah, I think a new Battlefield 3 map pack announcement at least merits "speculated" status, since there were rumblings of its existence during a recent investor meeting plus there has to be some reason they've delayed this gameplay patch for so long.

Decado

Shit.

Saw Mechwarrior Tactics and thought, "no way they're actually making it turn-based".

Saw it is turn-based. Excite!

Saw "free-to-play"...liver blow!

Online.

Pulverized liver. Dying :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Expect Googly eyes on Ferraris?

RBX50.jpg

Rare doing the sequel?? :O

talan619

Neo Member
A new game studio open

Another Place Productions

'Another Place' is a new games company from the creators of the multi-award-winning Fable franchise. Our goal is to create high-quality, meaningful experiences that will inspire audiences worldwide.

Meet the team:

Dene and Simon Carter, Creative Director and Technical Director
Industry veterans, their combined half-century of experience has covered everything from 8-bit classics, Rockman and Druid, through to the award-winning Magic Carpet and Dungeon Keeper. Founders of Big Blue Box Studios, they created Fable and were promptly acquired by Lionhead and Microsoft, where they led the franchise to sales of over 12 million units and multiple awards. Dene's latest solo project, Incoboto, is now available on the App Store. More details here.

John McCormack, Art Director
Previously Art Director of the Fable franchise, this Scotsman cut his teeth as an artist and animator on the Warhammer and Theme Park franchises before spending over a decade leading a team developing a world of hobbes, chickens and trolls.

Guillaume Portes, Technical Director
Former Technical Director at Lionhead Studios, Guillaume started his career at prolific indie developer Small Rockets, before moving on to Lionhead during the development of Fable 1. After leading the programming team through Fable 3 he became the Technical Director of the franchise.

Jeremie Texier, Production Director
Previously Executive Producer at Lionhead Studios, over the last decade Jeremie has managed coders, artists, designers and external partners on The Movies and the Fable franchise. Following the release of Fable 3, Jeremie was handed the reins of the Fable studio at Lionhead.

Stay tuned for more exciting news in the coming months, and please do not hesitate to contact us - we would love to hear from you!

All core members come from Lionhead Studios...

Is this related to Lionhead GDC countdown?

DrWong

Paradox will be showing tons of new stuff. I'm expecting a lot of details about War of the Roses, , Red Frontier, Dungeon Land and new material for more than 10 titles.

glaurung

Wait...

lionhead.com? Am I missing something or did they really not reveal anything once the counter ticked to zero?

Mario007

DA3 better be the latter half of 2013 if they are announcing literally a year to the day of DA2.

if they stick with the same artstyle and engine, which they indicated they want to, then a 2 years dev cycle is actually pretty standard and healthy. so announcing now and releasing in march 2013 could be the way to go.

if they stick with the same artstyle and engine, which they indicated they want to, then a 2 years dev cycle is actually pretty standard and healthy. so announcing now and releasing in march 2013 could be the way to go.

I agree, and it sticks with their release cycle for big name titles, but I'm just worried about the backlash of that date.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Irresponsible Twitter-based speculation...perhaps Sony announcement(s) today? From the last several hours...

@ianfisher86 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Day 1 of GDC was terrific. Had awesome chats with industry figures and good times. Looking forward to Sony tomorrow and mystery PS3 game X.

@JVB Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tomorrow Mass Effect 3 hits the market, and new info about the iPad 3 will follow. Plus all of the cool GDC news. and a Sony announcement.

Plus a Santa Monica connection?

Mario Lavin ‏ @singularity23 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I'm so stoked to be working with such a talented crew @SonySantaMonica studio. The future bright with @Sony - awesomeness is near. #gdc

On a side note I thought it was curious that Media Molecule's Alex Evans has been tweeting about preparing a GDC presentation - yet he is not on the GDC list of speakers. Maybe he's doing something private...or maybe MM will surface here?

/buckets-of-salt-please

Trevelyan

Banned
It's got to be God of War IV. It's been leaking for ages, it's got to be officially announced soon.

The fact that today's The Tester episode was centered around God of War is definitely pointing to it. I would expect an announcement later today or tomorrow.

Does anybody know when David Cage's presentation for the new QD tech is? Like, what day/time?
Heavy Rain was originally introduced with that 'Casting' tech demo in a similar fashion so I'm eager to see what this is

Does anybody know when David Cage's presentation for the new QD tech is? Like, what day/time?
Heavy Rain was originally introduced with that 'Casting' tech demo in a similar fashion so I'm eager to see what this is

SPEAKER/S: David Cage (Quantic Dream)
DAY / TIME / LOCATION: Wednesday 2:00- 3:00 Room 2003, West Hall, 2nd Fl

TRACK / DURATION / FORMAT / AUDIENCE LEVEL: Visual Arts , Game Design / 60-Minute / Lecture / All
GDC VAULT RECORDING: Video Recorded
DESCRIPTION: The creator of Heavy Rain talks about virtual actors, performance capture and art direction. Based on a tech demo presented to the public for the first time, he will develop how real time technologies can be used to create emotion and why he believes storytellers should be in control.
TAKEAWAY: The session will present Quantic Dream's approach to create emotion. Based on concrete examples, the speaker will explain the process from casting actors to the final result in real time 3D, explaining the studio's approach and the challenges it faced. It will also try to predict the evolutions to expect in the near future and how far the exit to the Uncanny Valley is.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: This session is intended for anyone interested in creating emotions in games, game directors, art directors, producers, writers, graphic artists or animators. No technical background is required.

http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/13473165/Virtual_Actors_and_Emotion_in_Games

Top Bottom