• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little things, theories you want to see resolve on the Game of Thrones tv show

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Some of y'all are acting like you don't know that the Targs shag each other. In the context of the show, it wouldn't be weird for Dany and Jon to hook up.

What I want to know is what did Pod actually do with those girls? Like hell, they even gave back the money Tyrion gave them. Bro tell me your secret.

KonradLaw

I want:

tormund X brienne ship

Bran warging one of the dragons, so that Jon can ride it.

I need both Ghost and Jon to survive.

And most of all I want to see stupid shocked faces of all non-northeners when they realize that while they were squabling a fricking army of undead came to their doorsteps.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just how hung is Tyrion.

He's 1/4ths of a Pod.
Some of y'all are acting like you don't know that the Targs shag each other. In the context of the show, it wouldn't be weird for Dany and Jon to hook up.

What I want to know is what did Pod actually do with those girls? Like hell, they even gave back the money Tyrion gave them. Bro tell me your secret.

This man knows what's up with the Pod.

Heshinsi

i don't like sam that much but i think that could be because of the actor. i think the dude might be the worst actor on the show.

I would zone out hard anytime Sam and Gilly would show up. It would be may bath room break time lol.

"So what happened guys?"

Nothing!

"Yeah figured"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I would zone out hard anytime Sam and Gilly would show up. It would be may breath room break time lol.

"So what happened guys?"

Nothing!

"Yeah figured"

Yo come on, that scene with the crows and the White Walker was pretty good. They use them so sparingly that they've never really bothered.

What the fuck happened to

34fd8c6360f56703cab51776787bc027

Speculation from trailer:

Gendry_1x04.png

Is warrior with hammer in trailer:

Screen-Shot-2017-05-24-at-1.34.35-PM-2-630x354.jpg

I would zone out hard anytime Sam and Gilly would show up. It would be may breath room break time lol.

"So what happened guys?"

Nothing!

"Yeah figured"
haha, i think he will be important this season, as for him in the past, I am not terribly bored of his seasons but his portrayal is so bad it makes me not wanna watch em

Gendry_1x04.png

certainly possible. davos saved his life, so he owes him a debt; maybe davos will force him to join jon's cause

Gendry_1x04.png

Gendry is back!? I really should watch the trailer.

If you assume Baratheon 'legally' had the throne then Gendry is the only rightful heir and yet he disappears for seasons....I assumed he would be the main character at that point.

Just how hung is Tyrion.
hung? as in, doesn't know whose side to be on?

If you assume Baratheon 'legally' had the throne then Gendry is the only rightful heir and yet he disappears for seasons....I assumed he would be the main character at that point.
I don't think Gendry cares to be king (if someone presents his claim then maybe he would) and I think he'll be important in season 7 but he won't be promoted to main. Gendry also has a tiny bit of Targaryen ancestry, I think

Heshinsi

Yo come on, that scene with the crows and the White Walker was pretty good. They use them so sparingly that they've never really bothered.

Yeah, I'll give him that, even though it pisses me off just how many times Sam survives encounters that would leave even more seasoned characters dead. Like why wasn't he dead at the end of season two, when grandaddy White Walker was staring right at him?

Rightful only goes as far as the usurped royal family being extinct. The Iron Throne was created by the Targs, there are two Targs still alive, so it seems to me that the Throne has some rightful heirs already. We've got OG Crown Prince's flesh and blood running around, and we're discussing whether the Pretender's bastard has more rights to the throne lol.

Every mysterious pair of boobs that hasn't yet been shown before the series ends. Can't leave us hanging like that.
imo nudity is one of the worst things about the show and about HBO in general. just a way to attract viewers but it's completely unnecessary to show that much

Heshinsi

Yeah but Arya just killed the shit out of the person who held him captive. That's her uncle so surely she wouldn't head north without freeing him first...

I would imagine Edmund asking her how she ended up saving him.

"Well you see I killed his sons first. Then I cut them up, baked them into a pie, and then fed the pie to Old Man Walder. After he took a few yummy bites, I revealed who I was, and slit his throat while grinning maniacally."

giphy.gif

I hope it's revealed that Ramsay isn't as evil as we thought and just really loved Greyworm. He stole Theons penis to magically attach it to Greyworm.

This will be reveled this season when a crow arrives right when Greyworm starts making out with Dany's handmaiden.

Speevy

Banned
I don't think they need that much great acting to drive the next 13 episodes.

It seems like a whole bunch of staging for battles and betrayals.

a few things I want to see:

- Gendry come back into the show, fight alongside Davos and Jon
- Sansa to outsmart Littlefinger, end up with Sansa controlling the Vale and Littlefinger dead
- Tyrion, Jon and Dany all riding a dragon each, in battle against the Lannisters/Whitewalkers, cutting sick
- Jaime the Kingslayer to become the Queenslayer and kill Cersei
- Greyworm dies, I dont like his character.
- Sandsnakes to die, ditto
- Cleganbowl
- A big naval battle where Theon saves the day and earns some redemption.

• What happens to the Twins now that Walder Frey (and likely the rest of the lot soon) is dead?
  • Where is Nymeria?
  • Will Howland Reed enter the picture outside the ToJ flashback, and can he vet Jon's claim?
  • What is Qyburn's stake in all of this?
  • Did Little Finger encourage Joffery to assassinate Bran? Can't remember if that's been covered already or not.
  • Will it come out that Oleyna Tyrell poisoned Joffery, or will Tyrion remain guilty of it to the end?
  • Does Benjen ColdHands Stark know who/what Jon is?
  • We know Gendry is pretty much back, but how? Help put the family his father usurped back into power, or something else?
  • Tormund and Brienne

Heshinsi

Do y'all think Cersei and the Night's King might team up? So far we've got:

Team Dragons

Dany
Tyrion
Varys
Grey Worm
Missandei
Yara
Theon
Grey Joy Separatists
Lady Olenna
Ellara Sand
Sand Snakes
Dorne
The Reach

Team Wolf
Jon * Really a member of Team Dragon, but he doesn't know yet
Sansa * Worried about her dedication to the team
Arya * Worried about her mental state. You don't cook people and walk that shit back
Lady Mormot
Fifty Good Men
Ser Davos
The North
Whatever remains of the Tullys and their loyal bannermen
Tormund
Brienne & Pod * Pod is lowkey loyal to Tyrion

Team Crazy Lady
Cersei
Jamie
Lannister Army
The Mountain
Evil Maestor

Team Me, Myself and I
Urine Greyjoy
Littlefinger

Team Merc
Melisandre
The Hound

Team Doom
Night's King
White Walkers

Wild Cards
Gendry
Ser Jorah Mormont * I don't think we've seen the last of him

Team Dragon and Team Wolf are for sure joing up. Too many smart people on both sides that admire each other for it to not happen. A can see a few of the evil stand alone guys joining forces with Cersei though. This season is going to be amazing.

Ps. I've got this really weird feeling that Dany's decision to leave Daario in Meeren, is going to end up being a very inspired in the end. All of this, "winter is coming," and the eastern continent doesn't seem at all affected by it.

Heshinsi

Someone earlier mentioned the Bank of Braavos, and that's actually a damn good point. They were being set up as an IMF type that you didn't want to not pay your debts back to. Now both the Lannisters and Stannis *lol* owe them big time. So are they going to come collect or what?

Cersei: Enemies to the East, enemies to the west. Enemies to the South, enemies...

Bank of Braavos: Yeah, sorry to cut you off deary, but where's our mother fucking money?!

Syder

The TV adaptation has been fairly open with very little mystery (especially after
R+L=J
was confirmed and the origin of
the Others
was revealed).

The books have far more mysteries yet to be revealed and a lot of them would improve the show, I feel.
I guess if I want anything answered in the show it's who is Azor Ahai/The Prince That Was Promised... is Jon the 'main character' or is Dany?

If it winds up being Dany... damn, that's a really up and down story arc in terms of quality.

Hinchy

Someone earlier mentioned the Bank of Braavos, and that's actually a damn good point. They were being set up as an IMF type that you didn't want to not pay your debts back to. Now both the Lannisters and Stannis *lol* owe them big time. So are they going to come collect or what?

The debt to the Braavos bank sounds exactly like the kind of thing the writers on this show would completely forget about

Good news! The actor who plays the banker Tycho Nestoris confirmed himself (link) that he's in two episodes this season and potentially two more in season eight.

I would've mentioned the Iron Bank of Bravvos, were it not for forgetting where they left off with that in the show compared to the books. I only remember the crown attempting to appeal to the bank, where Arya took the opportunity to kill Meryn Trant.

Did Jon procure their help for the Nights Watch coffers and the Hardhome mission? Or was it just Stannis?

Forkball

There are countless mysteries in the books that are largely ignored by the show or completely changed, but one that is applicable to both is: Why now? What spurred the influx of magic into the world? Why did the dragons hatch at that moment? Why did the white walkers wait so long to invade? Something something red comet.

Heshinsi

The TV adaptation has been fairly open with very little mystery (especially after
R+L=J
was confirmed and the origin of
the Others
was revealed).

The books have far more mysteries yet to be revealed and a lot of them would improve the show, I feel.
I guess if I want anything answered in the show it's who is Azor Ahai/The Prince That Was Promised... is Jon the 'main character' or is Dany?

If it winds up being Dany... damn, that's a really up and down story arc in terms of quality.
I don't see how it's any different if it's Jon. The Red lady thought it was Stannis and she was wrong. Now she thinks it's Jon. Why couldn't the whole thing be subverted?

Top Bottom