• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Deadstar

LBP will hopefully be my game of the year. I have really high hopes for this one as I am a huge fan of the series. The 16 layers should add a ton of depth. Hope the framerate stays locked at 30 on ps4!

#swoopthereitis

fernoca

Can't wait!
HbpCU3r.jpg

Lrrr

Let me know if I missed anything important and I will add it in.

Might be helpful to include that the game runs in 30fps/1080p on both the PS3 and PS4. This way the thread isn't bombarded with resolution questions. Also, you can highlight the PS4 exclusive features like:

• It utilizes the DS4's touch pad in create mode
  • Users can create video trailers for their created levels

Other than that, I can't think of anything else right now. Good OT!

Brooks2304

Neo Member
I love the art and creativity this game brings. Fun, charming and brilliant. So many games out though on the same day. Hoping Black Friday in Canada ends up bringing better deals than what is currently being rumored.

Teknoman

Paid and preloading. Man that sack pocket inventory and the power up creation just opened a omegaton of possibilities!

Heck yeah! The LBP games are among my favorites of all time, can't wait!

For those on the west coast, check your local Fred Meyer. In Vancouver, WA they are releasing it at 9pm PST.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Don't forget to mention the Run Sackboy Run app which is out on iOS which unlocks an exclusive costume.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...sackboy-run-announced-ps-vita-mobile-devices/
i don't have the app but i assume you just collect the stuff on there? don't you have to log in using your SEN login anyways? it may just tie in and show up when you play the game probably idk.
I have the game, but all I've done is unlock some extra t-shirts. There's no real indication for how you can get some of Sackboy's in-game costumes unlocked for LBP3. Haven't really found clarification googling around either.

The second unlock for collecting all the character stickers gave me a PSN code that was already used. No idea what to do about that or what it unlocks except that there's a picture of some gnomes :/

Derpyduck

Banned
Great OT. This game is currently downloading on my PS4 along with DA and GTA5. I doubt I'll have much time for this in November, but when relatives arrive with their kids this holiday season I'll be giving this game a workout. I'm hoping to grab two extra controllers for 40 bucks each during Black Friday.

Awesome OT! I love LBP.

I'm debating on whether I should buy this on PS3 or PS4 even though I don't yet own the latter, but may sometime this holiday. Is there an upgrade program?

Amazon shipped my copy earlier today. Hype!

I really, really, really want them to announce the story levels from LBP1/2 for LBP3, and I will not stop beating this drum until it happens!

Deadstar

Amazon shipped my copy earlier today. Hype!

I really, really, really want them to announce the story levels from LBP1/2 for LBP3, and I will not stop beating this drum until it happens!

I TOTALLY agree. Those levels from 1 were masterpieces. I would love to play them again in 1080. I played that game when I was really sick years ago and it made me feel really good so I have fond memories of LBP1 and the levels.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Awesome OT! I love LBP.

I'm debating on whether I should buy this on PS3 or PS4 even though I don't yet own the latter, but may sometime this holiday. Is there an upgrade program?

I'll ask that question over at LBPCentral to see if I can get clarification from a dev.

shink

How do we pre-order the Extras edition on the PSN store, I just want the 4ThePlayers costumes (unless you can buy that separately)
The EU Blog mentions this http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/06/littlebigplanet-3-pre-order-extras-detailed/
Instant Access content exclusive to the PS Store!

No matter how you dress the characters, if you pre-order the Extras Edition of LittleBigPlanet 3 from the PlayStation Network you will receive the Dragon Age: Inquisition, ’4ThePlayers’ packs and can celebrate immediately with the ‘Get it Now’ T-shirt pack.

But the AU pre-order listing only has LBP3 and the details only mention DA:I and Get It Now costumes. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...rder/cid=EP9000-CUSA00063_00-LBP3XPREORDERPS4
Pre-order LittleBigPlanet™ 3 to get 2 bonus costume packs:

• LBP™ 3 Character T-shirts: kit Sackboy® in colourful T-shirts showing off his new pals.
• Dragon Age Inquisition: dress Sackboy® and friends up as characters including Inquisitor, Wyvern, a Dragon, Iron Bull and Varric.

Will this game use the lbp.me webpage? It was pretty handy to queue up levels in LBP2.
Yes, LBP.me is being overhauled to be more like a "little big social network" to accommodate new features like trailer function of the PS4 version which allows creators to add 30 second trailers to their level badges when published for more visibility. :)

I TOTALLY agree. Those levels from 1 were masterpieces. I would love to play them again in 1080. I played that game when I was really sick years ago and it made me feel really good so I have fond memories of LBP1 and the levels.

You have no idea how much nostalgia I get from everything from the Gardens. Especially the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRcOlTFPU3o

LBP has found a place very close to my heart, near only a handful of other games.

Looking good, OP^^ Will be picking this us for my brother in the family bundle on Black Friday. Hoping to have some fun shareplaying this with him and my Niece^^

Top Bottom