• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Living less than a mile away from work.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
For the past almost 7 years, my commute has been 2 hours each way... To work and from work. I get up at about 8am and go to sleep usually at about 2am. I'm exhausted...

I WFH, and I will never take a non remote job or commute again. I would also never take a job that doesn’t offer flexibility in hours, especially here is AU where things close super early in the week.

Worst was a few years ago when living in the UK, worked near major convention centres in Birmingham, and any time the motorway had an issue, or there was a major events eg. crufts, my 30 minute commute could turn into 3+ hours.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
There's currently a major infrastructure project with multiple bridges bring replaced and upgraded across the city circle, and the building of a light rail line through the city centre and out to the south, and all sorts of other construction shenanigans.

Because most places of work will be impacted by these capital projects, the Canberra commute for the average punter is expected to be in the orders of magnitude of royally fucked until 25/26. Because my wife works on the other side of the lake that's accessible by one of these said bridges, she would have had to do this massive detour in order to approach it from the South (we live in the North). Thank the Gods we work from home.

Top Bottom