• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lmao someone nuked Phil Spencer's camp in Fallout 76

MrRibeye

Did someone say devastating cuts and studio closures at Bethesda?
LDIfdwpnIURw.png

It's pretty clear Phil Spencer no longer has much input to what is going on at Xbox. He has been completely silent since shit hit the fan. I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by end of week. At least a 25% chance. If not, he is going to get crucified in that interview next month at the showcase

The king of Xbox leave? No chance. They will be preparing a PR offensive in the build up to Hellblade 2 launching and the June showcase.

“Toxic”
“He’s only human” oh my mistake I thought he was a pencil sharpener
“Console war”

I’m sure you know the rest, similar script just different wording each time

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It's pretty clear Phil Spencer no longer has much input to what is going on at Xbox. He has been completely silent since shit hit the fan. I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by end of week. At least a 25% chance. If not, he is going to get crucified in that interview next month at the showcase

Or... and hear me out on this... he's the head of Xbox and is the one responsible for these closures, and he isn't actually good guy Phil, but is instead just another corporate asshole who's fooled a lot of people?

Shut0wen

People forget its satya that gets the final say, all phil does is give him info on areas that need improving

Shut0wen

Or... and hear me out on this... he's the head of Xbox and is the one responsible for these closures, and he isn't actually good guy Phil, but is instead just another corporate asshole who's fooled a lot of people?
But phil doesnt have the final say, xbox is one of many brands within Microsoft, if he fails to deliver then its on him to satisfy satya with meeting target figures

Darsxx82

The idea and message are magnificent🤣🤣

After these months, there is no turning back for his image and credibility in the industry. And I'm not talking about the loyal Xbox users that you can win back by announcing 3-4 megatons..... I'm talking about those within the industry such as the creators themselves, game developers and prominent figures who have always had P. Spencer in good esteem. You just have to see the reactions and then the silence of someone who has no excuse or defense whatsoever.

I am one of those who also believe that the announcement of his departure is close. The fact is that who everything points to being his replacement, Sarah Bond, is not that she has been in a better position after these months.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
But phil doesnt have the final say, xbox is one of many brands within Microsoft, if he fails to deliver then its on him to satisfy satya with meeting target figures

Are you seriously suggesting that Phil Spencer, as the head of Xbox, is not one of the senior architects of closures to Xbox game studios?

Do you honestly think he's been standing there going "Please don't close those studios Satya! PLEASE!"

...the naivety is quite something.

Zheph

Phil is busy looking at what will be the top builds in the incoming season of Diablo IV
"keep nuking that shit, nerds"

Shut0wen

Are you seriously suggesting that Phil Spencer, as the head of Xbox, is not one of the senior architects of closures to Xbox game studios?

Do you honestly think he's been standing there going "Please don't close those studios Satya! PLEASE!"

...the naivety is quite something.
I never said that, i said he shows the heads what needs fixed, improved and whats not working, ultimately the final decision comes from satya, i dont know if he begged but thats how corporations work you idiot, being in chqrge of a brand means nothing there are still 100s of people above you

N30RYU

In my mind Phil just nuked himself competing against another settlement just to erase any resources the other may get from them.

Last edited:
If Spencer was just a corporate shill, Xbox would have gone multiplatform years ago, as all the financial data said to. He bet big on Xbox's future in Gamepass, exclusivity, and nurturing small studios. His integrity within the gaming community has been absolutely obliterated the past few months. I don't care how much money he makes, this is a massive hit to his ego

And honestly, it is bad look if he stays on, because his vision has failed, and it's bad for Microsoft to keep him when no gamers will trust what he has to say going forward

As someone who has 1400 hours in Fallout 76, sticking a nuke directly on top of a player's camp is the ultimate sign of disrespect and contempt. It can take up to 30 minutes to launch a nuke depending on how good you are and how many tricks you know, so placing it on a camp instead of a boss spawn or a place that produces a lot of high level materials post-nuke is a statement.

BlackTron

We may not be able to touch Spencer himself, but by blowing up the camps of all his subordinates, we send a message.

We can only hope, that he cares about his subordinates enough for the message to get through...

Top Bottom