• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Local band that sounds like the 1990s, just wanted to share

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just wanted to share this if anyone is into guitar-centric music. Indie, pop punk, etc.

I'm aging so I don't really connect with this music like I used to but I still appreciate a great catchy riff. This is a local band and my nephew is visiting so I'm gonna surprise him and take him to their album release show tonight. Guitarist/singer/songwriter has that 90s structure on lock. It's really impressive to me.

Edit- if you like this then check out the album. The guy seemingly can't write a boring song. His previous band, 'we should be laughing' is the same sound and just as catchy. It's all on bandcamp.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
That sound used to be the new sound. Now it's a nostalgia gimmick. Sad!
I hear you but not in the case of the band I posted because they're all in their 20s. I mean, imagine growing up and nu metal is all you hear on the radio and then you stumble on Superdrag, or The Pixies, etc. That would be mind blowing for someone in their youth who is learning guitar. It's not nostalgic to them cause they weren't around when it was modern😅. I feel so old at these shows, haven't been to one in a while.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I hear you but not in the case of the band I posted because they're all in their 20s. I mean, imagine growing up and nu metal is all you hear on the radio and then you stumble on Superdrag, or The Pixies, etc. That would be mind blowing for someone in their youth who is learning guitar. It's not nostalgic to them cause they weren't around when it was modern😅. I feel so old at these shows, haven't been to one in a while.

Kinda off topic but :
Placebo did a concert near my town last year, went to YouTube to watch some vids from the show and the 1st motherfuxking comment was " the show was good but I saw lots of 40-45 year olds, what a drag..."
I almost wanted to reply "hey kiddo, guess how old the dudes in the band are", or, mention the fact that, you know, us 45 year old farts are the ones that supported the band for over 25 years before this young'un was - not even - a spermatozoon in his daddy's nutsack.

Anyway, what were we saying ?
Ah yes, this new band, well, didn't like the song OP, sorry 😁

fart town usa

Gold Member
Kinda off topic but :
Placebo did a concert near my town last year, went to YouTube to watch some vids from the show and the 1st motherfuxking comment was " the show was good but I saw lots of 40-45 year olds, what a drag..."
I almost wanted to reply "hey kiddo, guess how old the dudes in the band are", or, mention the fact that, you know, us 45 year old farts are the ones that supported the band for over 25 years before this young'un was - not even - a spermatozoon in his daddy's nutsack.

Anyway, what were we saying ?
Ah yes, this new band, well, didn't like the song OP, sorry 😁
That's hilarious for someone to say that about an Interpol concert. Of course there's gonna be older people there, that's the fanbase for the band, lol.

No worries on not liking the song, I like it but like I said, I don't really listen to music like this anymore so no worries at all. I've actually been on a light-classical/1940s kick for the past few years. I mostly want calming/pleasant music these days. I just don't have the angst in me for noisy guitar-centric music. Posting on Gaf gives me enough angst :messenger_grinning_sweat:🫠

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's like Wolfmother and Greta Van Fleet.

Zeppelin is one of the greatest bands of all time but reanimating the dead corpse of a particular sound just feels wrong to me.

That being said, I kinda like Turnstyle so I'm probably being a hypocrite here.

Top Bottom