• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majine

Banned
It would just be cool if I could organize my friends list period. GAF friends vs. RL Friends/Family.

Yeah, I think it's crazy that we're in 2014 and none of the current-gen consoles have this. It's just one longass, often tedious list of people.

God me too.

Watching a movie and suddenly " X has joined a party! "

fusml.gif

I've never really understood this information, why on earth do I give a flying fuck who's joining another party?!

jwk94

+1000. In every field, on every device. Computers, phones, consoles.

If, as a 5-year-old child, I had interrupted whatever my parents were doing even one-tenth as often as today's electronics do, I would have been smacked upside the head. It is amazing how much we allow, and are expected to allow, anything and everything to interrupt our concentration.
You can disable these things on most apps. How is this an issue?

Frith

surely they wouldn't use the real os to make a video like this?
much easer to get someone to mock it up than mess around having fake conversations.
your already animating the shit out of the video anyway.

I suppose at least it does mean someone in a meeting somewhere asked for it to be in the video.

100% leaving it on. However if it notifies me when someone goes offline I'll be pissed. What a ridiculous notification. No idea why Sony added that on ps3.

Hasney

100% leaving it on. However if it notifies me when someone goes offline I'll be pissed. What a ridiculous notification. No idea why Sony added that on ps3.

HASNEY IS ONLINE
HASNEY HAS STARTED WEB BROWSER
HASNEY HAS REMOVED PANTS

All pertinent information

e90Mark

Would love for this to make it to an actual firmware release. Constantly checking whether friends I want to play with are online or not is a hassle.

XB1 has it right with the favorites system, but the whole online notification system on there is currently broken, lol.

Wreav

Banned
REALLY wish we could get Steam's granular level of notifications. I only want to know the status of around 10 people, not everyone on my friends list.

Sinfamy

Not on topic, but does the "Players Met" thing work with any game?
Neither Destiny nor BF4 work for me.

quickwhips

the notification are in the top right? But on mine they show in top left? Is there a way to move them to different areas? I would love to have them in center like on xbox 360.

Elios83

Before:
"Sony we want friend online notifications!!! This is unacceptable!"

After:
"Man, I'll turn it off immediatly, can't be bothered by all the notifications!"

LOL :D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
isnt that just the screen where if you logout yourself and login again?

edit: Or maybe a second joypad user loging in?

SerTapTap

Before:

After:

There have always been those of us who hate all these notifications. I'm fine with them existing, but they should always be optional.

Spades

Awesome, I've missed this. It was curiously missing from Xbox One's OS too until they added it one update (along with the ability to only show favorites, or disable it altogether).

androvsky

It makes more sense in context, the video is clearly implying you can tell via notification when a friend logs in remotely.

Shin-Ra

That message just shows the user's name and battery indicator, they show it in this video too.

Synth

Before:

After:

Probably not the same people?

I'm very glad they're adding this. People can disable it if they don't want it, but not being able to enable at all is ridiculous. Hopefully you can select which friends it applies to, and can choose whether they display during video (I would often want that on, so I don't want it to simply be disabled all the time).

I will turn it off as soon as I see it!
This. I already get a large amount of party notifications as it is. I do see how it'd be nice for those with just a handful of close friends though.

What we need is PSN-level clan support. We could all just join the GAF clan, and any time a new game comes out, you'd automagically be able to group up with fellow gaffers, compare scores, etc.

Just fix messaging and let me able to hide my online status. Also the categorized friend notifications would be nice as well. Sadly Sony sucks at this type of quality of life stuff.

About time. Glad they're finally adding this feature (hopefully).

It would be cool if you could favorite friends and have it show up for those people.

It would just be cool if I could organize my friends list period. GAF friends vs. RL Friends/Family.

Yeah it's stupid that they don't. They allow you to have, what, 1000 friends and you aren't able to organize your list in any way?

Aren't all the notifications on the left now?

If this is real, they better have an option to only show specific people.

This along with a checkbox list of people you also want to see when they join parties.

I still don't understand why you would want to know when someone joins another person's party. That's stalkery.

It's useful for people you play regularly with. Someone saw me join a party so they joined up and we teamed up and played. Also when I'm going to play with a friend, once he creates a party it tells me he "joined" and I can immediately join up.

Top Bottom