• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 'Night Tube' weekend service to launch in September 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

That is like an year away from now.

But it will make my life so much easier during weekends. No more rushing to get the last train! \o/

jufonuk

not tag worthy
You must be confused good sir, you don't look down on us, we turn our nose up at you.Oh and London Bridge is barely South London. I don't give a damn what your postcode says.

Edit: just to be clear, everyone's sarcastic about the Victoria Line right?

Outrage i says , yes turn your nose up at us, you will need it to look upon the marvel that is the catford cat and its mews. , you know that is great,

Great news.

Oh and comparisons to Tokyo are funny. I live in Tokyo now and it really sucks that you either have to get a train home around midnight or hang out in a cramped manga/ internet cafe/ or a depressing family restaurant (I'm looking at you, 24-hour Gusto) until the first train. At least London has night buses.

You must be confused good sir, you don't look down on us, we turn our nose up at you.Oh and London Bridge is barely South London. I don't give a damn what your postcode says.

Edit: just to be clear, everyone's sarcastic about the Victoria Line right?

Why? It'd quick as hell, rarely has disruptions and can get you from very very North to Brixton in 30 mins

billeh

I think that's ridiculous too! I'm not suggesting that the people of London can't survive (clearly they can). The point is that with that many people there's sufficient demand that it would be cost effective to keep it open all night.

And I think Shanghai is actually the biggest city in the world? It's always a matter of how you measure it with these things though.
Tokyo is the largest metropolitan area, so Tokyo + nearby cities, I guess.

Moving to the heart of London soon so this will be awesome for me. The job I have could potentially go into quite late at night so this is a wonderful development.

Slightly concerned about the drunk people at two in the morning though.

Dabanton

Moving to the heart of London soon so this will be awesome for me. The job I have could potentially go into quite late at night so this is a wonderful development.

Yeah if nightbuses are any indication there are going to be some utter dickheads on the tube at night especially as they'll be coming from central. I wonder what the security setup will be?

iceatcs

Maybe, but I hate when sober in the last tube with full crowd of drunk people.

So there will be no more last train. Could be better off.

Bleepey

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...derground-service-will-look-like-9752493.html

night-tubes.jpg

Here is a proposed plan for the lines that may be run. Poor West London and I'd make a joke about South London but it's pretty much as barren with train services as it is during peak times.
I couldn't help myself.

Volotaire

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...derground-service-will-look-like-9752493.html

night-tubes.jpg

Here is a proposed plan for the lines that may be run. Poor West London and I'd make a joke about South London but it's pretty much as barren with train services as it is during peak times.
I couldn't help myself.

Surprised there is no Angel. There is Propoganda there and a few other bars. Sans that, I think covering Central and Northern is good. Perhaps they should have put Metroplian too for Farringdon area.

EDIT: Where's Elephant and Castle with the Ministry of Sound nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom