• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking at Nintendo's potential third party support for the NX

It's as simple as this...

Any company saying they are developing NX titles by this point are supporting NX.

Bandai Namco
Koei Tecmo

Any company that supported the Wii U is likely to be supporting NX.

Level-5
Square Enix (partial)
Activision Blizzard (partial)
Sega/Atlus (partial)
Ubisoft (partial)
Warner Brothers (partial)

Any company not saying they are developing NX titles by this point are not supporting NX.

Everyone else.

So basically the same support that Wii U had.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
We don't for sure, but it's what the shared library theory is predicated on.

Basically imagine if Wii U could also play the entire 3DS library in addition to it's own, only the games would automatically scale to 720p/400p 2nd screen. And how that might have changed things for the systems.

I expect Ubisoft, Activision and WB all to give it another go day one, even with core games. We'll probably see some COD, Arkham and AC/WD ports at least. All these companies have good relationships with Nintendo and I think all will see the potential value of an immediate presense on NX despite how Wii U went.

The big western publishers Nintendo really needs to put work in for are EA and T2. If only for sports games but it'd be great if they could snag more like Battlefield, GTA, NFS, etc.

That'd be dumb. I don't really see Bethesda bothering unless NX is a Wii like sales juggernaut, but if they had the opportunity to get Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Mikami on their platform I don't see Nintendo saying no. Reggie alone would probably push it through given he's a big Skyrim fan.

Thats delusional. Their current relationship with Nintendo is worse than at Wii U launch. rayman and zombiU became multiple platforms, late and lazy Batman port and all.

Any company saying they are developing NX titles by this point are supporting NX.

Bandai Namco
Koei Tecmo

Level-5
Square Enix (partial)
Sega/Atlus (partial)
Ubisoft (partial)

Any company not saying they are developing NX titles by this point are not supporting NX.

Everyone else.

Basically this. But i think it'll be worse than the Wii U.

Neoxon

Bandai Namco
Koei Tecmo

Level-5
Square Enix (partial)
Sega/Atlus (partial)
Ubisoft (partial)

Everyone else.

You forgot Capcom, who did support the Wii U early on.

Neoxon

Companies that got burned on Wii U like Ubisoft, are not going to get burned again, I suspect.
You also left out Square Enix, who already announced their support of the NX Platform with the Dragon Quest games. And if Nintendo goes the shared platform route, their typical handheld third party buddies will follow suit (like Capcom with the Monster Hunter games).

Shiggy

Bandai Namco
Koei Tecmo

Level-5
Square Enix (partial)
Sega/Atlus (partial)
Ubisoft (partial)

Everyone else.

Where did Level 5 support the Wii U?

MacTag

Banned
Thats delusional. Their current relationship with Nintendo is worse than at Wii U launch. rayman and zombiU became multiple platforms, late and lazy Batman port and all.
It's not delusional, all 3 companies still have good relationships with Nintendo. Despite Wii U selling similarly to Dreamcast all 3 publishers are still supporting it. Ubi's MO in particular is to give every console a shot at launch. Continuted support will depend on how NX progresses but I expect these 3 pubs at least to put out a varied first push much like they did on Wii U.

EA and T2 are going to need much more convincing though. And I don't know if Nintendo can really manage that.

thefro

Literally the only two companies who have said they're actually developing NX games are Koei Tecmo and Square Enix (and S-E walked back that statement). We can't take a lack of "we're developing games for NX" as a lack of support until Nintendo officially reveals the system.

Obviously if a company comes out and says "we're not going to support it" or specifically says when talking about NX "we're going to wait and see how it goes", they're probably not going to be there. I haven't heard that from any publisher yet.

Nordic games will most likely support NX. They announced a few retail Wii U games for europe a few weeks ago.

I think you mean UIG or something. Their lot seems in the ballpark of shovelware (obviously can't say for sure as I've not seen reviews lol :p), but Nordic is pretty damn awesome IMO.

Nordic brought Legend of Kay Anniversary to Wii U retail for the low price of $24.99, and is a remaster of a well regarded under the radar gem from the PS2, done by a few members of the original dev team at the revived Kaiko name (Neon Studios did the PS2 original and that was the successor to the original Kaiko, co-formed by the one who formed the new Kaiko and co-formed Neon).

Nordic is also bringing The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 to Wii U retail in June for seemingly $19.99 and is apparently a very well regarded point and click adventure game.

AND to top it all off the allowed Darksiders 2 to be in the newest Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle for uber cheap. I see this as a "sorry for not being able to bring Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition to Wii U, so we'll just let you have the existing Wii U version for uber cheap".

I REALLY hope we see Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition on NX, and also I hope we see maybe de Blob 2 on Wii U with added Wii controls from the Wii version (or just on NX). That just depends on where the Blue Tongue folks are at now. Also MX vs ATV Supercross I would think/hope is a possibility on Wii U or NX soon enough.

Anyway, there's one IP I want to see be massive on NX, we all know him as Nintendo's right-hand 3rd-party franchise:

Mario-Sonic-Together1.jpg

Nintendo can help take Sonic to all-new heights. They botched the Wii U deal by leaving Sega to their own devices. Thankfully even today they're still extremely close to Sonic with the upcoming Rio Olympics on Wii U and Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice coming out in September.

The big next step is to get Sonic Team to make their 25th Anniversary Sonic game an NX-exclusive, even better if it's published and Bayo 2-esc co-developed by Nintendo.

Nintendo actually did an outstanding move getting Arzest on-board for Rio 3DS, as you can read here for the full story and why that matters so much:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201460

Sonic's at his best when allied with Nintendo and I hope Nintendo continues and better expands on that relationship. I highly recommend reading my article at Sonic Stadium about Sonic's history with Nintendo that I did last year, I'm really proud of it honestly. :)

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/05/the-spin-a-look-into-sonics-history-with-nintendo/

That's my thoughts in a nutshell. Obviously I also hope Monster Hunter continues with Nintendo on NX with XG/Generations Ultimate on NX early on with MH5 being exclusive and a top-tier highlight of the NX console and handheld's shared architecture, whether that means shared library or easy porting, who knows.

LewieP

There it is.

I don't understand how everyone gets their hopes up every single time a Nintendo console approaches.
There are a confluence of technical, market and structural reasons why things might be a little different this time.

Obviously I'm not expecting a total reversal of fortunes in this regard, but this time around things are pretty different.

Mobile hardware has advanced to the stage that cross device development is now feasible.

Nintendo management have clearly concluded that they're unable to support two devices with entirely segregated software libraries.

Nintendo have merged their previously separate divisions.

Many more developers and publishers are relying on off the shelf engine and middleware solutions, and are structured around cross platform development. Particularly in Japan.

Sony aren't really putting up a fight in the handheld space any more, or certainly won't be long into the future.

Platform agnostic indie devs are way more important these days, and their required return to make supporting a platform economically viable are typically fairly low.

I know Nintendo are fairly insular and put a lot of value in tradition, but even old giants like Nintendo are eventually forced to modernise or die.

TLZ

Banned
I wanted to go ahead and put a thread together since I've heard a lot of comments already talking about how the NX will have "literally zero third party support" or "very few third party games".

We don't have a lot of hard evidence yet, but what we have points to better Japanese third party support for the NX than Wii U received, as well as the possibility of better Western support.

What I've listed below are either statements/interviews from the companies themselves or reports from reliable sources (i.e. Serkan Toto's report about Bandai Namco). Also note these are retail publishers, so I'm not including indies or developers who don't publish their own titles.

Big thanks to Eradicate for helping out and providing some info. If anyone has anything to add that I've missed feel free to let me know.

---
Bandai Namco:
kznIIfF.png

---
Capcom:

---
Electronic Arts:
22mOQj5.png

MY04keO.png

This is from their Q2 2016 Earnings Conference Call on Oct 29, 2015

Here is what one of their VPs said to BBC on May10th:

And here is a Q&A from their recent May financial results that's also relevant

gUfaybQ.png

fPTrBr3.png

Basically, once they port Frostbite over to a platform, it's not a huge risk for them to support that platform.

---

Koei Tecmo:
vGxtqUG.png

Koei Tecmo confirmed they were developing NX titles during their financial presentation on April 28th, 2016
---
Level 5:
IGN: Yo-Kai Watch Developer Open to Bringing Franchises to Wii U, NX

---
Nippon Ichi:
Duckroll summarized this part about future business (from their recent financial results in Japanese):

---

Spike Chunsoft:

---
Square Enix:
http://kotaku.com/these-are-the-first-nintendo-nx-games-1720545061

http://nintendoeverything.com/square-enix-open-to-bringing-final-fantasy-xiv-to-nx/

---
Take-Two:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/here-is-what-rockstars-parent-company-thinks-about/1100-6439939/

Note: I listened to that particular question of the Take-Two Q&A and the part about being "wherever the customer is" was right after they talked about VR, so they may have been referring more to that platform as opposed to the NX and/or future Sony/Microsoft platforms

--

Here's a quick summary of some of the other major publishers who haven't mentioned the NX, but recently supported or are still supporting the Wii U. I would suspect they will all be supporting the NX as well to some extent.

Activision Blizzard:
Released 3 retail Wii U titles in 2015, Skylanders SuperChargers, Guitar Hero Live, and The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure.

Sega/Atlus:
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games gets released on Wii U in June. Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE also comes out in the west in June. Atlus is still a strong supporter of the 3DS, obviously.

Ubisoft:
Released three Just Dance games on the Wii U in 2015, Just Dance 2016, Just Dance: Disney Party 2, and Just Dance Yokai Watch (in Japan).

Warner Brothers:
Still releasing Lego games on Wii U (where they sell fairly well). LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes out in June.

There's also some other minor publishers supporting Wii U, i.e. Deep Silver publishing Mighty No. 9/Bloodstained Ritual of the Night to retail, or Nordic Games bringing Legend of Kay Anniversary to Wii U last year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only other third party publishers that are relevant on consoles that I haven't mentioned in either list are Bethesda/ZeniMax (privately held), CD Projekt Red, and Konami (not making many console games anymore).

Anyway, I hope this helps spark a little discussion. I'm not saying NX is going to have great third-party support for sure, but I think it's clearly going to be more than "very little".

You know they're doomed right?

Eradicate

Anyway, there's one IP I want to see be massive on NX, we all know him as Nintendo's right-hand 3rd-party franchise:

Mario-Sonic-Together1.jpg

zc6xf9.gif

(Great, great article on Sonic Stadium!)

They'll definitely be teaming up for the new system(s)! The partnership is strong, and it'd make for some great exclusives!

I'm curious if Ubisoft is planning some sort of new IP opportunity for the system like they've done previously (ZombiU and Red Steel). They attempt to use new features of the system creatively. I have no clue what Ubisoft has in the pipeline or if they've even hinted at anything in particular. Would be great to know!

zc6xf9.gif

(Great, great article on Sonic Stadium!)

They'll definitely be teaming up for the new system(s)! The partnership is strong, and it'd make for some great exclusives!

I'm curious if Ubisoft is planning some sort of new IP opportunity for the system like they've done previously (ZombiU and Red Steel). They attempt to use new features of the system creatively. I have no clue what Ubisoft has in the pipeline or if they've even hinted at anything in particular. Would be great to know!

zc6xf9.gif

Thanks! That means a lot! :)

KingJ2002

I actually don't think Nintendo will have an issue with day one support from the usual big names such as:

• Activision
  • EA
  • Konami
  • Capcom
  • Sega
  • Namco-Bandai
  • Koei-Tecmo
  • Take Two
  • Square Enix
  • Ubisoft
  • Warner Bros.

The concern is for Nintendo to ensure that the NX stays relevant in the market to have continued support, for indie developers to have enough of an audience to create titles for the platform.

If the NX is a hybrid console that will come in two flavors (mobile and handheld) then I think Nintendo will get great third party support... since it wouldn't matter which form the user has... the games are being played. I expect third party handheld support would go to the NX.

Neoxon

I actually don't think Nintendo will have an issue with day one support from the usual big names such as:

• Activision
  • EA
  • Konami
  • Capcom
  • Sega
  • Namco-Bandai
  • Koei-Tecmo
  • Take Two
  • Square Enix
  • Ubisoft
  • Warner Bros.

The concern is for Nintendo to ensure that the NX stays relevant in the market to have continued support, for indie developers to have enough of an audience to create titles for the platform.

If the NX is a shared platform that will come in two flavors (console and handheld) then I think Nintendo will get great third party support... since it wouldn't matter which form the user has... the games are being played.
FTFY

EVH

This is always the same. Nintendo will say this and that and the companies will ship a fast port of two years old games for 60 bucks and then, when they see that the games don't sell too much, they will send back the NX devkits to Nintendo.

We never learn.

This is always the same. Nintendo will say this and that and the companies will ship a fast port of two years old games for 60 bucks and then, when they see that the games don't sell too much, they will send back the NX devkits to Nintendo.

We never learn.

I dunno, those fast ports of Monster Hunter that they called Monster Hunter 3G, Monster Hunter 4/G, and X sold somewhat decently.

Konami will have (Japan exclusive) PCE & MSX on NX Virtual Console!

I don't think EA or T2 will show either though. Nintendo should really be bending over backwards for both and doing whatever it takes to secure them.

Remember that Konami did nothing on Wii U, not even a Pro Evo game.

J@hranimo

Banned

We never learn.

Always the same? Well based on your post it sounds like "based on one console" instead of "based on multiple consoles" I don't ever 2 year old ports coming to the Wii at its launch lol.

Gonna give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Eradicate

Thanks! That means a lot! :)

There were quite a few games there I don't even remember! I'm sure there will be many more in the future from the looks of it!

• Activision
  • EA
  • Konami
  • Capcom
  • Sega
  • Namco-Bandai
  • Koei-Tecmo
  • Take Two
  • Square Enix
  • Ubisoft
  • Warner Bros.

If the NX is a hybrid console that will come in two flavors (mobile and handheld) then I think Nintendo will get great third party support... since it wouldn't matter which form the user has... the games are being played. I expect third party handheld support would go to the NX.

It's definitely all about staying relevant, providing an audience for publishers/developers, and just getting people to buy the system to get people coming in! Having a common library (even if a few are excluded, such as certain N3DS titles that NEED that hardware) is a great way to hit the audience part of the equation.

Konami will have (Japan exclusive) PCE & MSX on NX Virtual Console!

More PCE and MSX for everyone! They don't even have to translate them, just bring it all in!

Expect a repeat of the Wii U's situation. Decent support at launch with months old games that slowly drops off as the system turns out to be another underperforming piece of hardware.
I expect this. Along with the same arguments:

1. Third party games were just late ports so no one bought those games

2. The audience for those games isn't there in there first place

Rinse and repeat. Except I'm not sure NX would survive like Wii U has if the same thing happens again.

MacTag

Banned
Remember that Konami did nothing on Wii U, not even a Pro Evo game.
They did Japan exclusive MSX & PCE games for Wii U VC too. I'm not expecting more than that though it'd be nice if Nintendo could swing a deal for their annual PES and baseball games. 3DS got PES for awhile anyway.

More PCE and MSX for everyone! They don't even have to translate them, just bring it all in!
Most of the games have english versions already anyway. Even much of Konami's MSX library like Vampire Killer, Maze of Galious, Metal Gear or the Nemesis trilogy.

There's no reason to expect it to be any different to the Wii U's situation. I'm not sure where this attitude has come from that because Nintendo has a new console is coming and it has competent hardware, it'll get backed by 3rd parties. Even assuming the Japanese support will be great is foolish because that certainly didn't happen with Wii U, even when most Japanese console games are still coming out on PS3.

It really depends on how the situation of handheld vs console. If there are two versions obviously the handheld version will get decent support. Unless Nintendo has completely changed the way they approach western development, I don't expect anything from EA or Ubisoft.

MacTag

Banned
There's no reason to expect it to be any different to the Wii U's situation. I'm not sure where this attitude has come from that because Nintendo has a new console is coming and it has competent hardware, it'll get backed by 3rd parties. Even assuming the Japanese support will be great is foolish because that certainly didn't happen with Wii U, even when most Japanese console games are still coming out on PS3.
I think it really depends on what exactly NX is. Most people are predicting the shift from Wii U to hinge on it not just being a standard home console that can handle PS4/XB1 ports.

One thing I've thought about is Sony and Microsoft's potential for... umm... 4th-party support? :p

Basically, we've seen this odd trend starting, actually it was a thing with Microsoft on GBA and DS with Rare and some of their IPs in both the west and Japan (just Blue Dragon from the latter) and this ended with Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow on DS and nothing ever showed up on 3DS.

Anyway, fast forward to last year, and we've seen two very bizarre instances that I think may outdo the former era.

One is of course Minecraft: Wii U Edition. Now this on the surface isn't anything special, as it's also on Sony systems. But here's where it gets very interesting. First, all the Sony versions were greenlit before the buyout of Mojang by Microsoft (the PS4 and Vita versions being out barely a month after). Second, Microsoft actually published the Wii U version in Japan, and is credited as having direct involvement in some sort of capacity with the Wii U version period (here and here).

Sony on the other hand, is the second example. The PoPoLoCrois trademark is actually owned by Sony Computer Entertainment (now likely in Sony Interactive Entertainment's name following the name change), not Sony as a whole, but by the PlayStation division itself. 3DS got the newest game exclusively with not even a Vita version in sight. SCE's name even shows up in the copyright section of the website, AND the back of the box!

This opens up SO many possibilities.

What if Microsoft allows Rare's IPs to show up in full force on NX? Not just more VC releases, but maybe even ports of Rare's MS games like Kameo (originally planned for GC) or Viva Pinata? What about Microsoft's Japanese IPs like Blue Dragon again or more obscure IPs like Blinx the Time Sweeper? The latter is not exactly something Microsoft are going to use anytime soon, hell their trademark of Blinx was dropped.

As for Sony, we may indeed be seeing a future where Sony bows out of the handheld market. What if Sony license out their IPs to end up on NX at least on the handheld? A lot of the devs of their Japanese IPs are independent, like Media.Vision for Wild Arms, NanaOn-Sha for PaRappa, Cattle Call for Arc the Lad, Level-5 for Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, and White Knight Chronicles, etc.

There's so many possibilities here, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

So looking at the OP the assumption that the NX will continue the trend of having zero Western TP support that matters is at around near 99%.

They may have a chance to grab Japanese TP support however. Of course that won't help in numerous other countries.

One thing I've thought about is Sony and Microsoft's potential for... umm... 4th-party support? :p

Basically, we've seen this odd trend starting, actually it was a thing with Microsoft on GBA and DS with Rare and some of their IPs in both the west and Japan (just Blue Dragon from the latter) and this ended with Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow on DS and nothing ever showed up on 3DS.

Anyway, fast forward to last year, and we've seen two very bizarre instances that I think may outdo the former era.

One is of course Minecraft: Wii U Edition. Now this on the surface isn't anything special, as it's also on Sony systems. But here's where it gets very interesting. First, all the Sony versions were greenlit before the buyout of Mojang by Microsoft (the PS4 and Vita versions being out barely a month after). Second, Microsoft actually published the Wii U version in Japan, and is credited as having direct involvement in some sort of capacity with the Wii U version period (here and here).

Sony on the other hand, is the second example. The PoPoLoCrois trademark is actually owned by Sony Computer Entertainment (now likely in Sony Interactive Entertainment's name following the name change), not Sony as a whole, but by the PlayStation division itself. 3DS got the newest game exclusively with not even a Vita version in sight. SCE's name even shows up in the copyright section of the website, AND the back of the box!

This opens up SO many possibilities.

What if Microsoft allows Rare's IPs to show up in full force on NX? Not just more VC releases, but maybe even ports of Rare's MS games like Kameo (originally planned for GC) or Viva Pinata? What about Microsoft's Japanese IPs like Blue Dragon again or more obscure IPs like Blinx the Time Sweeper? The latter is not exactly something Microsoft are going to use anytime soon, hell their trademark of Blinx was dropped.

As for Sony, we may indeed be seeing a future where Sony bows out of the handheld market. What if Sony license out their IPs to end up on NX at least on the handheld? A lot of the devs of their Japanese IPs are independent, like Media.Vision for Wild Arms, NanaOn-Sha for PaRappa, Cattle Call for Arc the Lad, Level-5 for Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, and White Knight Chronicles, etc.

There's so many possibilities here, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Stop.

The reason MS pushed games like Minecraft is because it's a massive systemwide seller that brings in revenue.

The reason MS pushed some ips on GBA and DS is because they themselves did not have a portable thus they were not competing with themselves. Mostly for monetary reasons which is no longer there.

Other things you said or are implying is wishful thinking.

Stop.

The reason MS pushed games like Minecraft is because it's a massive systemwide seller that brings in revenue.

The reason MS pushed some ips on GBA and DS is because they themselves did not have a portable thus they were not competing with themselves. Mostly for monetary reasons which is no longer there.

Other things you said or are implying is wishful thinking.

True.

But then why would MS publish Minecraft Wii U in any region on a competing console, and why would Sony allow a trademark they own to appear on one of their main competitor's system and not even request a version on their own system?

Basically it's like this:

Microsoft has little to no interest in the family/kids market, regardless of Minecraft, that's the exception. Aside from Kinect Sports, which we all know is way past any chance of renewed success (MS themselves essentially distanced themselves from Kinect now, correct me if I'm wrong here), there's nothing MS created that really took off in that market (Minecraft was bought, not created by MS). Hell Phil Spencer has at numerous points fully acknowledged Rare's history with Nintendo says he has no issues with at least Banjo being in Smash.

Sony on the other hand are just about done with handhelds, Shu Yoshida even admitted that the market isn't healthy for a Vita successor.

So where are fans of their IPs going to get their handheld fix? I'm sure a lot would love to play a Ratchet & Clank or their 1st-party JRPGs on a handheld (just a couple of examples). Sony's safest bet is the licensing route IMO.

It's not like Sony didn't even toy with the idea. They allowed Bandai to release an Arc the Lad game on the Wonderswan Color.

Wishful thinking? Yes. but I personally think it's more likely to happen then you would think.

ST2K

All I'm hoping for is full Japanese third-party support at this point. It seems fairly clear, in general, that Nintendo and western third-party goals do not align, for better or worse. And that's fine, as other platforms exist.

True.

But then why would MS publish Minecraft Wii U in any region on a competing console, and why would Sony allow a trademark they own to appear on one of their main competitor's system and not even request a version on their own system?

Basically it's like this:

Microsoft has little to no interest in the family/kids market, regardless of Minecraft, that's the exception. Aside from Kinect Sports, which we all know is way past any chance of renewed success (MS themselves essentially distanced themselves from Kinect now, correct me if I'm wrong here), there's nothing MS created that really took off in that market (Minecraft was bought, not created by MS). Hell Phil Spencer has at numerous points fully acknowledged Rare's history with Nintendo says he has no issues with at least Banjo being in Smash.

Sony on the other hand are just about done with handhelds, Shu Yoshida even admitted that the market isn't healthy for a Vita successor.

So where are fans of their IPs going to get their handheld fix? I'm sure a lot would love to play a Ratchet & Clank or their 1st-party JRPGs on a handheld (just a couple of examples). Sony's safest bet is the licensing route IMO.

It's not like Sony didn't even toy with the idea. They allowed Bandai to release an Arc the Lad game on the Wonderswan Color.

Wishful thinking? Yes. but I personally think it's more likely to happen then you would think.

You're reading too much into the Minecraft example. Microsoft isn't stupid. The company mandate from the moment they bought the IP was to keep things as they are, having Minecraft on as many platforms as possible because that's why it's as popular as it is. Minecraft was already on PlayStation and competing mobile devices, so why wouldn't they pick up where Mojang left off and get a Wii U port out of the gate if there's money to be made?

True.

But then why would MS publish Minecraft Wii U in any region on a competing console,

Did you actually look at the quote you just said "true" to?

Nobody looks at Minecraft as a "microsoft game"

Also the rest of your post is odd, what people are thinking "I want to play R&C on a handheld?" who are these people? I mean that's what the Vita was doing and it failed.

Completely unlikely to happen, you are taking exceptions that were made for reasons you are ignoring and thinking there's some opportunity there when companies are out to make money.

Also the Arc Wonderswan game was made by Bandai. Also it was done for a similar reason as Blue Dragon for MS.

Not sure about these companies.

Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney need to go somewhere after the 3DS, and Dragon Quest games are already confirmed for NX.

Also, yeah uh... There's optimism, and maybe things like Popolocrois which are small/obscure/non-core franchises can slide, but something like Ratchet and Clank being on NX? Seems a bit wishful.

Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney need to go somewhere after the 3DS, and Dragon Quest games are already confirmed for NX.

Also, yeah uh... There's optimism, and maybe things like Popolocrois which are small/obscure/non-core franchises can slide, but something like Ratchet and Clank being on NX? Seems a bit wishful.

Console NX.

Console NX.

Both of them are companies who've lent decent support to Nintendo consoles and are pretty platform-agnostic as long as the platform isn't a total bomb. SE have been doubling down on the console market for the past while and they seem completely in favour of having their games on as many systems as possible whenever it's feasible.

Ratchet's just a more extreme example.

I only wanted to bring the two cases up as a possibility due to what we have.

Top Bottom