• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Looking for Group" on Xbox is an incredible feature and needs more noise/respect

Prologue

It's still in closed testing, they are just using World of Tanks to test it out.

Arena is still in preview, so limited to KI and World of Tanks for now.

If I'm not mistaken, right now they are testing user created tournaments for KI and sponsored for Wot.

Should have had Halo 5 all up in there. Hopefully they some how get COD and Halo on scene by E3 time. We should be having some user created tournaments from these games. Even some Microsoft sponsored ones with cash prices.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Any game can use it.

You can use it for whatever you want. There's a bunch of tags like have mic, and ones for each game "1-50 insane horde" or just write in the description what you need.

Sony should copy this for ps4 players, it's a great feature
Nice.
It's a life saver for Destiny's raids, I don't know if I'd still be playing Destiny if not for this feature.

Was so excited reading the OP I missed this post, lol

Disgraced

I've found it to be a double-edged sword for Rainbow Six: Siege. I've ran into a lot of the same kind of toxic pricks you'll talk to in regular matchmaking, and I've joined a lot of friendly, competent teams I wouldn't have found otherwise as well.

The tags could use some filtering too. A lot of the popular ones are rather offensive.

Should have had Halo 5 all up in there. Hopefully they some how get COD and Halo on scene by E3 time. We should be having some user created tournaments from these games. Even some Microsoft sponsored ones with cash prices.

They seem to be holding off something about this feature, it has been in testing since last year and still isn't available generally.

They are probably saving a related announcement for E3, likely involving Halo 5 and Gears 4.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
It is a great feature for newly released games in the past 1-2 years.

Go further back in game releases and it becomes a nearly useless feature.

It's a great feature. Unfortunately it's not always used by the right people. I tried grouping up with some folks in Overwatch but the leader was a toxic dummy that mained Torb and blamed everyone for the loss. Wanted me off the team because I died once as Zarya even though I was player of the game the game before crushing it going 15-2.

Bluth54

Valve also added a feature like this to CSGO last November, allowing you to create lobbies in Steam groups.

As far as I know the feature only works for CSGO right now though I imagine they'll eventually support it for all Steamworks multiplayer games.

Synth

It is a great feature for newly released games in the past 1-2 years.

Go further back in game releases and it becomes a nearly useless feature.

No, as I was saying earlier it's been a lifesaver for getting people together for Daytona USA, a game that unfortunately dies fast on its own due to a poor lobby system. For older games it's a good idea to combine LFG with Clubs where you're likely to find people with an interest in the niche game you're looking to play.

FingerBang

Never used it (I have been trying to sell my Xbox One for a while now) but this kind of functions is awesome. Sony tried to do something similar with clans/groups but it just doesn't work. Hopefully Microsoft doing it better with convince Sony to improve their function.

...with that said, I still want this function to be built inside Destiny 2.

Synth

...with that said, I still want this function to be built inside Destiny 2.

I would honestly prefer that it doesn't become a feature common within the games themselves, as it would likely diminish use of the system level feature. If Destiny players, Overwatch players, Halo players, etc all saw the OS function as the default way to find players, then it benefits all the smaller games as well.

Of course, this all assumes each console has a workable solution built in.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
There was something about it in the party chat window that I dismissed after the update then forgot all about it. I don't even remember where it is on the dash. I don't remember seeing it anyway.

shoreu

One of the main things I'm looking forward to once I pick up a Scorpio later this year.

But why hasn't the tournament/arena feature been expanded on? It seems restricted to that tank game, no?

Why hasn't it been use for Halo? COD? BF?

I think it just got updated today for alpha ring preview

It really is an excellent feature, really great for filling out a nightfall or getting a raid group together in Destiny.

I'd love to see this on PS4 one day

dLMN8R

It's a great feature. Unfortunately it's not always used by the right people. I tried grouping up with some folks in Overwatch but the leader was a toxic dummy that mained Torb and blamed everyone for the loss. Wanted me off the team because I died once as Zarya even though I was player of the game the game before crushing it going 15-2.

The nice part is that you can start your own group, and then you have full control over booting people if toxic people show up.

Theorry

Is so great for Destiny now also. Its a way better choice then the ingame guided games its not even funny. And its faster also.

Is so great for Destiny now also. Its a way better choice then the ingame guided games its not even funny. And its faster also.

I've been using it for raid, trials, iron banner... it's a game changer honestly, absolutely love it. In D1 i was relying on some 3rd party website and it was cumbersome to manage, having everything in one place and integrated is amazing.

Sulik2

I keep saying this system needs to be copy and pasted in to Destiny as their native LFG system.

You say that like Bungie has any interest in making a quality LFG system. Its been two games and three years with none in sight. I don't think they are interested. Hopefully Sony copies it at a system level.

ghibli99

Wow, what a cool feature! I'd read about it just a little bit early on, but good to hear that it actually works, and works better than expected. That's always a plus. :)

Theorry

I've been using it for raid, trials, iron banner... it's a game changer honestly, absolutely love it. In D1 i was relying on some 3rd party website and it was cumbersome to manage, having everything in one place and integrated is amazing.

Thats one of the biggest ones yeah. MS can be abit iffy lately with Xbox dashboard changes. But the LFG part is top notch. It goes very indepth if you want but it never is difficult or slow to use. And its used alot also for every type of game. Sometimes when i searched for something in Destiny before i scrolled down abit 20 new posts are already added haha.

Top Bottom