• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen quality and perf modes: 1440/30 and 1080/60

Not really feeling why anyone would be upset. Have y'all seen Unreal 5's TAAU? It looks pretty fucking good, this is a far better solution than aiming for higher native pixel count and not having a performance mode, or a shitty performance mode, on fixed-spec console hardware.

UE5 TAAU at 1080p likely looks comparable, or better, to most games 1440p with other AA solutions.
I kinda agree (Kena is super clean with TAAU) but where does it say it's going to be TAAU on consoles?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I kinda agree (Kena is super clean with TAAU) but where does it say it's going to be TAAU on consoles?

I'm assuming if it's a UE5 game, TAAU is the default option, since its 'baked' into the engine, right ?

Or it could also be TSR (Temporal Super Resolution), another UE5 supported one.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Honest question. Why is this a PS5 issue and not one on the development studio?

Developers can only do so much with fixed console hardware, especially if they don't have the time and budget of a Rockstar or a first party studio. Regardless, reconstruction from a lower resolution is not a bad solution at all. It's only going to become more common as the generation goes on.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Let’s be real a pro console isn’t going to help. They still have to scale for base ps5 as well.

Companies that are good at making games have no issues with the hardware. Insomniac with Spider-Man miles morales is insane. Zero dawn is amazing. Returnal.

Bitch made devs are the issues.

CamHostage

Oh man…was hoping for 120 hz 40 fps mode…..
120hz 40fps mode doesn't make any sense, does it?

Do you mean 1080 or 1440 with a 40 fps mode?

I think he just meant 40fps mode, for those who own high frame rate (120hz/240hz) displays which could support succeed this feature, as a few games have done.

Kind of confusing wording, but i think it was just about the refresh rate, irregardless of resolution.

Last edited:

Salz01

I think he just meant 40fps mode, for those who own high frame rate (120hz/240hz) displays which could support succeed this feature, as a few games have done.

Kind of confusing wording, but i think it was just about the refresh rate, irregardless of resolution.
Yes. Meant 40fps and higher than 1080p resolution.

Yeah, agreed, it didn't make sense initially.

Top Bottom