• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlas Fallen Will Run at 4K/30 FPS or 1440p/60 FPS on PS5 and Xbox Series X On Xbox Series S, the game will run at 1080p and 60 FPS

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
atlas-fallen-1.jpeg

With The Surge, its sequel, and the original Lords of the Fallen, Deck13 has developed a string of solid Soulslike games over the last years, but with its upcoming release, it’s looking to do something different. Action RPG Atlas Fallen has looked like an intriguing prospect in the lead up to its launch, thanks to its distinct setting and its promise of exciting combat, while visual aspects of the experience have also impressed from what has been shown off.

But exactly how well can we expect the game to run on consoles? Speaking in a recent interview with GamingBolt, when asked the question, Atlas Fallen creative director and Deck13 managing director Jan Klose confirmed that on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, the action RPG will feature a quality mode, which will see the game running at 4K and 30 FPS, and a performance mode, which will target 1440p and 60 FPS. Meanwhile, on Xbox Series S, the game will run at a “stable” 1080p and 60 FPS.

Klose also confirmed that Atlas Fallen will feature support for dynamic resolution scaling, which will help “keep the frame rate up in data-intensive situations.”

Atlas Fallen is set to launch on August 10 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. Our full interview with Klose will be live soon, so stay tuned for that.

Zannegan

Looks fun from that one gameplay slice, but I'm not sure the variety will be there.

I like that they're focusing on a single setting/concept and building out from there rather than the "one of each" biome approach to worldbuilding. I mean, that can be great too, but it's been so overdone that's it's actually refreshing to see a more focused world/gameplay environment.

60FPS is great for fast-paced combat.

oji-san

Banned
Sounds good, 1440p is kinda the sweet spot and some games like The Last of Us 2 and Prey via FPS Boost on Series X uses native 1440p and looks great to me while having flawless 60fps.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Your thread post makes it sound like 1080p on series x, comas are important.

Banned
very weird choice to not have a quality mode on Series S isn't it?
you usually see the exact opposite, where there's no performance mode... very curious

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
you usually see the exact opposite, where there's no performance mode... very curious
Eh, I think it's a good result. The Series S is the 1080p box, dragging it up to 1440 or some in between resolution that'll be upscaled and be jaggy and shimmering everywhere and be 30fps doesn't seem desirable. I say that as a 30fps hater though, so your mileage may vary!

My thought is that if every game ends up at 1080/60 on Series S, that'd be great, not only for Series S players but for Series X/PS5 Players too, since it'd practically guarantee a 60fps mode at 1440p+

BlackTron

I wish 1440p and 60fps was the de facto standard for all games this gen, game design would be better for it.

TVs got too big too fast for gaming to keep up. So we are essentially ceding a generation of progress to enable 4k.

We like to dump on the series S but it almost doesn't even matter.

Three

Which makes no sense. If anything, reaching 60fps has to be easier as the CPU is the same, unlike reaching higher resolutions, as the console is absolutely not meant to do this.
Unfortunately memory bandwidth isn't the same either. So if you game is not 'CPU bound' it doesn't matter.

I wish 1440p and 60fps was the de facto standard for all games this gen, game design would be better for it.

TVs got too big too fast for gaming to keep up. So we are essentially ceding a generation of progress to enable 4k.

We like to dump on the series S but it almost doesn't even matter.
Look on the bright side- 8k is not catching on. We should be good for the PS6.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
4K30 VS 1440p60 is kinda a fake choice....
Where is 4k40 or 1800p40 or anything inbetween.
I dont like modes. I dont like choosing

Riky

$MSFT

Seems the right choice to me, if you're going to patch options in later then put the quality mode in later.

Top Bottom