• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of The Fallen | Review Thread

What scores do you think Lords of The Fallen will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 58 23.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 83 34.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 48 19.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
the-lords-of-the-fallen-offer-1j4a2.jpg

Q: When does Lords of The Fallen Reviews Drop?
A: The Lords of The Fallen Reviews drop at 15:00 CET​

Pre Order Guide:

PS5​

Xbox Series X|S​

PC​

The standard edition just comes with the game itself, plus the preorder bonus. Best Buy and GameStop are giving out exclusive preorder items as well (see below for details).

Lords of the Fallen: Deluxe Edition​

PS5​

Xbox Series X|S​

PC​

The deluxe edition costs $10 more; it comes with the game, plus the following extras:

• Dark Crusader starting class
  • Digital artbook
  • Digital soundtrack
  • 3D model viewer

Lords of the Fallen Collector’s Edition​

The collector’s edition is exclusive to GameStop. It costs $249.99 and comes with the game itself, plus the following items:

• Dark Crusader Starting Class: DC Armour Set, DC Ultra Greatsword, DC Throwing Knives, DC Amulet
  • Unlock 3D Model View: Access to view all the characters, classes, enemies & levels
  • Luxury 50 page Artbook
  • Digital Soundtrack
  • Two-sided Poster
  • 3x Art Cards
  • SteelBook
  • 10″ Dark Crusader Figurine
  • Mood Lighting Figurine Display Case

Lords of the Fallen Preorder Bonus​

Preoder at Best Buy, and you'll get the steelbook case shown above for free.

Preorder at GameStop, and you'll get a Lamplighter's Pendant metal replica. Note that, if you preodrer online, you'll need to print your receipt and bring it in to a local GameStop to get the pendant.

Preorder the game at any retailer, and you’ll receive the following in-game items:
  • Exclusive bronze, silver, and gold armor tincts
  • 5x HP item
  • 5x MP item
  • 3x XP item

Game Information​

Game Information​

Game Title: Lords of the Fallen (2023)
Platforms:
  • Xbox Series X/S (Oct 13, 2023)
  • PlayStation 5 (Oct 13, 2023)
  • PC (Oct 13, 2023)
Trailers:
Developer: Hexworks

Publisher: CI Games

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 75 average - 74% recommended - 40 reviews

fE7Q4jO.png

MetaCritc: 64/100 (PS5) - 76/100 (PC)

PiSvvIJ.png

Critic Reviews​

AltChar - Semir Omerovic - 95 / 100
Lords of the Fallen stands as a genuine ode to the souls-like genre, a shining masterpiece that deserves recognition as one of the finest action RPGs in recent years.
But Why Tho? - Eddie De Santiago - 8 / 10
Lords of the Fallen is a massive improvement over its namesake prequel, and it provides many highs, but there are definitely some lows as well. For the masochist action RPG fan, though, there’s plenty to love, and it’s all going to hurt.
Destructoid - Steven Mills - Unscored
My time with Lords of the Fallen so far has been mostly positive. But I can’t help but feel some of the newer systems don’t add much good to the game. Mixed with the sometimes unfair mechanics and difficulty of specific boss encounters, it’s definitely hampered my experience a bit. However, overall Lords of the Fallen is a polished Soulslike game, which is never a bad thing.
Fextralife - Fexelea - 8.8 / 10
Lords of the Fallen is an amazing achievement from the Hexworks team, and Souls-like fans will immediately feel at home in this highly ambitious title. Despite a few performance issues, and a handful of bugs, Lords of the Fallen is some of the most fun I've had this year, and that's saying something considering the titles that have launched in 2023.
TechRaptor - Joe Allen - 6 / 10
Lords of the Fallen's shameless copy-paste approach to Dark Souls undermines its great level design and the potential evident in some of its boss encounters.
The Outerhaven Productions - Keith Mitchell - 4 / 5
Lords of the Fallen (2023) is finally here, despite a challenging development cycle, and it's a way better game than the original title. Everything that I had issues with the 2014 game has been addressed, and then some. Combat is fun, the world is beautiful, and I can't get enough of the unique way we can visit the world of the dead using a lamp. It really bugs me that the game on the PC has some slight performance issues that hold it back, and that's a shame. Still, Lords of the Fallen (2023) is a great Soulslike that fans of the genre need to play, despite a few flaws with the game.
VideoGamer - Finlay Cattanach - 8 / 10
Lords of the Fallen is a game that wears its passion and love of the genre on its sleeve. A gorgeous world, gripping gameplay, enthralling bosses, and depthless worldbuilding persist in spite of some rough edges and a struggling sense of unique identity.
XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 9.4 / 10
Lords of the Fallen is a stunningly good game. Following a path set for it by Dark Souls 3 it nails every major part of what makes From’s games so damned good. Stunning visually, the art style and music are some of my favorites. While the very end does get too “big” for its gameplay this one is an easy recommendation to both the most hardcore Souls lovers and those who feel intimidated. Seamless co-op takes what is a great game and makes it a special one.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Hard for games like this to crack 80 because FROM sets the bar too high. So inevitably there will be lots of comparisons and nitpicking. Personally I felt Elden Ring was the first game I enjoyed from FROM after bloodborne, their stuff was getting super stale.

Hoping to be surprised but based on impressions and how nitpicky people were being Im guessing 75-80.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Lies of P 9.5/10

Lords of the Fallen 7/10. In reality 5/10. Setting my expectations giga low like I did with lies of p so I get a killer game.
LoP was once looked at as a 6-7 type game, especially before the demo. It looked good, but it didn’t show off a lot.

I think it has a good shot at doing mid 80’s with some 9’s. 30 hours of gameplay and people don’t get a feel of a genre that is repeating itself more and more, year after year. 🙄 I hope this isn’t a “after 30 hours it gets real good” type of thing. I love this genre, so I am hoping for the best.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Lies of P 9.5/10

Lords of the Fallen 7/10. In reality 5/10. Setting my expectations giga low like I did with lies of p so I get a killer game.
Yeah, from what i've seen LotF dosent look so good and i think it ll review worst then LoP, but, hopefully i m wrong and the game ll be a blast.

Last edited:
LoP was once looked at as a 6-7 type game, especially before the demo. It looked good, but it didn’t show off a lot.

I think it has a good shot at doing mid 80’s with some 9’s. 30 hours of gameplay and people don’t get a feel of a genre that is repeating itself more and more, year after year. 🙄 I hope this isn’t a “after 30 hours it gets real good” type of thing. I love this genre, so I am hoping for the best.

If you've watched a lot of previews you wouldn't think that. Overwhelmingly positive impressions so far. I think it'll come in between 80-85 based pm impressions.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If you've watched a lot of previews you wouldn't think that. Overwhelmingly positive impressions so far. I think it'll come in between 80-85 based pm impressions.
I haven’t wanted to watch a lot of it because I want to be surprised during my first 30 hours. I don’t suspect it’ll do bad either unless previews were pulling our legs. I did read a couple preview summaries and “listened” to Fextralife’s YT video. That’s good. I was just referencing the whole “it gets good after X amount of hours” ordeal because 30 hours seems to be enough to give a good idea on how good it’s going to be.

My PS5 copy is preloaded ready to go. I just won’t be home to play it until next week.

PeteBull

Voted 75-80% but i hope im nicely surprised and game is even better than that, as long as reviewing sites dont give it to a guy who reviews dildos there is a chance =D

I haven’t wanted to watch a lot of it because I want to be surprised during my first 30 hours. I don’t suspect it’ll do bad either unless previews were pulling our legs. I did read a couple preview summaries and “listened” to Fextralife’s YT video. That’s good. I was just referencing the whole “it gets good after X amount of hours” ordeal because 30 hours seems to be enough to give a good idea on how good it’s going to be.

My PS5 copy is preloaded ready to go. I just won’t be home to play it until next week.

I've seen "takes 5ish hours for combat to click otherwise it can seem janky, initially)

Top Bottom