• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthemyst

Neo Member
I almost went crazy for a moment there. I redeemed 50 loveca only to realize that I was at my limit for cards. I went to clear some space for the new cards, and couldnt find where my newly pulled cards were.

Apparently they get put into your gift box, and you can add them to your collection after you make some space.

*wipes sweat away* Thought I lost out my new cards.

New (to me) in music games:

You have to hold a note, then let go at the correct time (old to me) but I'm seeing things where at the exact moment I'm letting go of a note with one thumb, I have to hit a note with another thumb. This juxtoposition of let go + press at the same time is tripping my brain a bit. I think I'm already used to it but I found it interesting enough to use as the post to get me subscribed to this thread.
no cg dancing school girls in this version.

why even bother.
you're poking girl's faces with your thumbs~
Oh, Bushiroad. That's the company behind the Weiss Schwarz and Vanguard card games.

Love Live set comes out for Weib Schwarz next week (trial dacks came out last week). Must be related and good job BushiRoad for this kind of varied marketing. Anime, card game, phone game all at the same time

I got two smile hanayos and idolized them into one and maxed her out.

I got two cool kotoris and instead of idolizing right away, how's this idea? Don't idolize and you have two powerful characters instead of one and two chances to proc special abilities instead of one. Later on when I have more Honor Students I'll idolize her. That sound good?

chrono01

I got two smile hanayos and idolized them into one and maxed her out.

I got two cool kotoris and instead of idolizing right away, how's this idea? Don't idolize and you have two powerful characters instead of one and two chances to proc special abilities instead of one. Later on when I have more Honor Students I'll idolize her. That sound good?
Sounds good to me. Not sure if the Bond will carry over when you Idolize her, though [which it should], but that's easy enough to level as it is.

Also, the last couple of days I've had nothing but u's songs stuck in my head. No doubt a side-effect from this game.

bobawesome

nope, level carries over just make sure you use the level 1 Umi (whenever you get her) to feed to the higher leveled one

edit: to be clear, that means go to special practice, pick the high leveled card, then pick the fodder card, your higher leveled card will keep her stats and evolve

That's good to know, thank you.

Sounds good to me. Not sure if the Bond will carry over when you Idolize her, though [which it should], but that's easy enough to level as it is.

Also, the last couple of days I've had nothing but u's songs stuck in my head. No doubt a side-effect from this game.
Bond (from the card being fed) will not carry over, I think I noticed when first playing with the normal cards. But it doesn't matter. You bond quickly if everyone else is maxed. All points will go to one character.

Jintor

These hard beatmaps are more like it. Hell of a challenge.

Can't say I'm in love with the control scheme but the game is really suited to it. Bizarre!

chrono01

Bond will not carry over, I think I noticed when first playing with the normal cards. But it doesn't matter. You bond quickly if everyone else is maxed. All points will go to one character.
Good to know.

But yeah, Bonding is super-simple. It makes getting those Loveca Stones all the more easier [well, until I run out of idols...].

Jintor

So this is a bamco joint right? Is this the first idol game that's not miku that's come west? (though I think miku was bamco too right?)

Kumubou

Part of me can't stand this game and thinks it's symptomatic with everything wrong with mobile gaming... but I'm still playing it. The power of idols is too stronk.

Damn, 5 pages. I should use this opportunity to create new otoge OT. I'll just lie and tell everyone Jubeat has GUST characters in it or something.
If Konami did this with one of their music games (like Sound Voltex or Beatmania IIDX), I would probably end up quitting life. D:

Yui

those are good too but my favorites are Loneliest Baby, Beat In Angel, Soldier Game and A-NO-NE G-A-N-BA-RE.

Oh god I totally forgot about Soldier Game and Anone Ganbare shame on me. Q_Q
Both of them are definitely up there.

I'm kinda curious about the approach of events in the english version. Will they basically do the exact same thing just one year later or will they speed things up a little.

Ken

i've never had a crepe that had enough stability to be held around like that

also archery girl is pretty good @ ep 3

Chariot

Just started this game, but how do you save your progress in this game? There doesn't seem to be a save option?
No need, just close the app, it saves automatic.
Part of me can't stand this game and thinks it's symptomatic with everything wrong with mobile gaming...
The Dungeon Keeper Thread is somewhere else.
I think that this game is pretty nice for f2p game. At least you have gameplay.

m0t0k1

So this is a bamco joint right? Is this the first idol game that's not miku that's come west? (though I think miku was bamco too right?)

no, no, and no.

Yes it is partly owned by bamco. Love live is created by ascii media works, Lantis and studio sunrise.
ascii is owned by the kadokawa company and lantis is the music publisher of bandai and i think most of you know that the parent holding of sunrise is bandai namco holdings. Be it Idolm@ster or Love live both of the biggest idol franchises in japan right now all the money goes to bamco.

Eli is top tier. She QUILTS.
I always wondered what the hell that HOROSHO or something means she says that a lot.

Chariot

I always wondered what the hell that HOROSHO or something means she says that a lot.
It's wrong use of russian. The word she meant is хорошо (khorosho) which means "good". In the first season I didn't even regonize that, despite them saying that it is a russian word she learned from her grandma. It was only at the second season when sudden clarity hit me.

m0t0k1

I might be wrong but I think its a russian word and means good.

Edit: too slow D:

It's wrong use of russian. The word she meant is хорошо (khorosho) which means "good". In the first season I didn't even regonize that, despite them saying that it is a russian word she learned from her grandma. It was only at the second season when sudden clarity hit me.

Thanks guys i always thought it would be russian or something but i could not make out the words. But yeah that explains a lot :)

Chariot

Is there any chance we get the A-Rise girls in the future?
Kira is so cute :3

ibuO6p0AqZuBmd.gif

froliq

Where are my SRs. Stupid box.

I'm a sucker for these type of games in the early stages. About to hit rank 21 now.

m0t0k1

I wouldn't mind getting to play the A-RISE songs in this game

wouldn't care too much for cards tbh

I would be fine with some cards but what i like about LL is the focus on the main girls i would be cool if they did a spin off with more focus on a-rise. So there should not be to much of them.

I keep failing hard beatmaps on the very last stretch, lol. Shit's hard. Fun though.

its the charts that are the problem. You get in the zone, but then they change the charts to follow something else which fucks with your mind a bit and you have to recalibrate.

it's pretty annoying.

I still think the very first song has the worst charts so far lol

Jintor

One unexpected thing I got from the whole F2P thing is that because it takes money to play a game until your energy recharges, I don't automatically restart a song if I miss a note or something anymore. It's kind of freeing in a weird way. I used to really get frustrated with ouendan songs cos I'd miss a single note or something, but now I just grab the XP and put down the phone for a while.

It's bizarre how this system really works for rhythm games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom