• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LRG] Persona 4 Golden physical editions revealed | Pre-orders start Oct 27 for PS4, Switch & Xbox

F85bXyvXgAA3qF8

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Definitely try and order this.... although I think there is a possibility P4G is gonna get a Remake like P3

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Persona 4 Golden, Abe’s Oddysee, Shin Chan.

These games shouldnt have been LR but bonafide physical releases
Pretty sure Shin Chan has regular physical.

And yeah, I'd rather have a normal release... but I'll take LRG if its a decent price vs nothing.

Edit: Shin Chan IS LRG, missed that, but its a normal release, not their pre-order stuff.

Last edited:

LRKD

Woah, are you saying I can double the price for an extra box, a steelbook box, and a slipcover!!! what a steal! Thanks limited run games!

I seriously hate lrg, their 'editions' are ass, filled with random shit and marked up way too high. They take YEARS to fulfill orders that they've already set a limited quantity for in advance. Like pick a lane, if you know you are going to sell/ship x number then have them ready when you take orders. I'd be fine if they sold to order, they only produced them once they were done with the preorder time. But nah they take forever and limit it to a preestablished quantity.

And honestly, i dunno "limited" runs of games that already been released always seemed lame to me. Like I already have a physical copy for it on my vita, I already have the kotor games physically on both pc and xbox. I'd rather see games like Ravenlock, or other digital only games get a run instead of games that already had physical editions.

killatopak

As someone who is about halfway through 4, it's not even close to 5's greatness unless something amazing happens in the last half to win me over it's nowhere near reached how good 5 was.

Doesn't help that the mix of kids in 4 are nowhere near as good as 5.
My issue with the 5 cast is that they’ve become a complete team so much farther into the game than 4 did. This results in less time together overall. This is why I feel like the cast in 4 is more tight knit than 5. Morgana and Ryuji relationship doesn’t help either as it further strays the cast for being together more as well as reduce the spotlight from Haru.

A lot of stuff from Royale also further makes them stay apart unlike 4 where where they stay together basically from autumn to summer.

StereoVsn

Woah, are you saying I can double the price for an extra box, a steelbook box, and a slipcover!!! what a steal! Thanks limited run games!

I seriously hate lrg, their 'editions' are ass, filled with random shit and marked up way too high. They take YEARS to fulfill orders that they've already set a limited quantity for in advance. Like pick a lane, if you know you are going to sell/ship x number then have them ready when you take orders. I'd be fine if they sold to order, they only produced them once they were done with the preorder time. But nah they take forever and limit it to a preestablished quantity.

And honestly, i dunno "limited" runs of games that already been released always seemed lame to me. Like I already have a physical copy for it on my vita, I already have the kotor games physically on both pc and xbox. I'd rather see games like Ravenlock, or other digital only games get a run instead of games that already had physical editions.
The special editions are certainly dumb. If you are going to do it, why can't there be an art book, guide, something interesting, not really dumb fluff. Regular edition pricing is not great, but OK. Take P4G, if it was say Atlus, it would have been $30-40 at retail anyway. Now, the shipping is an issue, no question.

StereoVsn

My issue with the 5 cast is that they’ve become a complete team so much farther into the game than 4 did. This results in less time together overall. This is why I feel like the cast in 4 is more tight knit than 5. Morgana and Ryuji relationship doesn’t help either as it further strays the cast for being together more as well as reduce the spotlight from Haru.

A lot of stuff from Royale also further makes them stay apart unlike 4 where where they stay together basically from autumn to summer.
Fully agree, with P4/P4G characters genuinely seem like a group of friends. P3 is more like coworkers, and P5 has all kinds of issues in the narrative, IMO. Now, whether that's good or bad depends on one's mood and what they are looking for in the title. Personally, P4/P4G hit much better for me since it was quite nostalgic, despite me not growing up in a rural Japanese town :).

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Doesn't help that the mix of kids in 4 are nowhere near as good as 5.
Persona 5:
"Adults are bad!"
"Those shitty adults!"
"Have I told you adults are bad and evil?"
> We le rebels. We do not forget. We le anonymous phantom thieves

Persona 4:
Protagonists acknowledge their projections and insecurities, stop ignoring their shadows and become adults themselves.

But Makoto is so cute and kawaii right?
I guess that's what counts.

AmuroChan

I’m out of the loop a few people have commented this now what’s the deal?

Skelterz

I’m still not sure what to think here seems like two unsavoury individuals on both sides one of them just so happens to work for a company? My advice would be don’t let that rubbish affect your purchases and decisions etc.

Go_Ly_Dow

4's murder mystery intro sucks you in immediately and the cast can't be matched.
4 and 3 sucked me in right away. 5 it wasn't until I was about halfway in I felt motivated to plow through the rest of the game. It's a very well made game and stylistically on point, but 4 is perfection imo. It fixed what was flawed about P3 and the simplicity of it all compared to P5 is what I like.

Also much prefer the rural setting over the city. With P6 they should go back to rural or semi-rural, but maybe they'll stick with cities going foward considering the success of P5. I hope not....

AmuroChan

I’m still not sure what to think here seems like two unsavoury individuals on both sides one of them just so happens to work for a company? My advice would be don’t let that rubbish affect your purchases and decisions etc.

Kara is certainly not unsavory by any stretch of the imagination. I've met her in person at PAX and have followed her on social media for years. This was your typical Resetera-type targeted cancellation because of her social views, which has zero impact on her ability to do her job.

bender

What time is it?
4 and 3 sucked me in right away. 5 it wasn't until I was about halfway in I felt motivated to plow through the rest of the game. It's a very well made game and stylistically on point, but 4 is perfection imo. It fixed what was flawed about P3 and the simplicity of it all compared to P5 is what I like.

Also much prefer the rural setting over the city. With P6 they should go back to rural or semi-rural, but maybe they'll stick with cities going foward considering the success of P5. I hope not....

I haven't made it more than a few hours into P5.

And I'm with you on P4, that setting is just cozy.

Skelterz

Kara is certainly not unsavory by any stretch of the imagination. I've met her in person at PAX and have followed her on social media for years. This was your typical Resetera-type targeted cancellation because of her social views, which has zero impact on her ability to do her job.

Ahh FairPlay to be honest it dosent surprise me it happens all the time, each to there own I still think these things are best ignored on masse I don’t do social media 😂 cesspool.

Skelterz

Perfect description: cozy. I played 15hrs of P5 and I didnt care one bit about any character or story and just dropped it. Never tried P3 tho but I see its on gamepass.

I’m fairly new to the series I played P5 first really enjoyed it having been starved for well made turnbased JRPG’s, Went back and played P4G and I agree it feels far more focused and chilled and the single focused narrative did more for me overall. I feel with P5 your going after people for minor things half the time and it just didn’t motivate me as much, Although the first bad guy in P5 is a standout was probably the best motivational factor all game.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
P4 may have the best cast and definitely the best girls. But the randomly generated dungeons are just terrible after going through the ridiculously stylish dungeons of P5 Royal. There is no way I’m playing through P4 a second time.

Top Bottom