• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: 50 cent blood on the sand

Torraz

50_Cent_Blood_on_the_Sand.jpg

So, my internet was down for a week due to problems with transitioning to a better line. Oh well, I thought; backlog time. Unfortunately several of the steam games I wanted to play would not work in offline mode, so i decided to eliminate some of my PS 3 backlog.

After finishing AssCreed: Brotherhood and Revelations however, I was forced to see that most of my backlog consisted of (jrpg)s with possible missables, which meant that I would need internet for checking FAQs. Then it appeared. 50 cent: blood on the sand.

---

I must say, the game was surprisingly fun, if you take it for what it is. Much better than the ultra-low expectations I had.

- The shooting is arcadey fun. Unless I missed it, there is no auto-aim, even on the easiest difficulty.
- Controls are responsive.
- The voice acting is hilarious.
- The music (not to my taste at all), somehow, was fitting.
- The story was completely pointless, of course.
- The biggest problem for me was that the boss battles all were the same.
- The scoring system was decent fun, as were the constant challenges of [eliminate X recently spawned enemies in y time-limit]
- The unlockable weapons were also okay and offered a mediocre sense of advancement (as in going from a pea shooter to being rambo).

NaviLink

You have a button dedicated to insulting the ennemies. If that's not a killer feature, I don't know what is.

Doing this in coop mode with a friend was pretty fun. We were noticing all the so bad it's good stuff while having fun playing the actual game.

IrishNinja

i like this better than Gears...lacks local co-op, but otherwise an excellent game!

noam chomsky's blood on the sand had way too much exposition, tbh

ZeMMiK

had it for 8 euro and I really enjoyed it too, and I was suprised too ..just like you.
always nice if those things happens...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yeah I played this last month and made a big ass thread about it.

It's definitely much better than it has any right to be, but there are a few issues. Combat tends to grow old and the levels drag on a bit longer than they should (especially towards the end of the game), there are some issues with hit detection and the cover system, and fighting that shitty helicopter boss 3 times in the game is obnoxious. Still, I enjoyed my time with it and (although I haven't tried it) I bet it's a blast co-op.

I would have liked to have the game on PC.

Maybe the mod community can change the enemies faces with Ja Rule and Drake and multiply the fun a thousand fold.

This game had some amazing dialogue. Seriously, the bit where Fifty basically says "he forgets that I'm fucking bulletproof" had me laughing more than I should.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I was a QA Tester for this game back when I worked at Vivendi during the ATVI merger. My name should be in the credits! Lol!

Yeah, I was expecting it to be complete and utter shit, and it was an annoying game to test due to it's pretty basic gameplay and simplicity, but I did actually find it kind of funny and enjoyable in its own way. There were some bits and dialogue in there that were genuinely (intentionally?) funny, and the story was just so fricking absurd and dumb.

It was definitely one of the least annoying games I've ever tested, even if it was a boring gig for those few months.

Boerseun

Banned
The game needed split-screen co-op. That is all. It's already a tight package. Split-screen co-op would have made it a memorable classic.

paled through it when it came out, its wasn't too bad of a game. Story made no sense at all and it was the 1st game to make me realize that Helicopters as boss fights needs to stop. So many helicopter boss fights in that game...I swear, when I start Bioshock Infinite next week if I see one fucking helic...sorry. But yeah

Into

I had fun with it, i enjoy his music, the Dre beats usually make most tracks pretty good

My only 2 complaints were the levels, they all seemed like the exact same thing, same textures, same everything, i know where the game takes place but i wished there were some different looking ones.

My other complaint was that you unlocked the best songs only at the end of the game, i basically went through the entire game listening to Poor Lil Rich

Hellion

my co-op buddy got his copy stolen :( so I sold mine. Every time we see a chopper as a boss fight we reference this game.

And the taunts adding to the combo meter was gold.

Top Bottom