• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Best way to play the original FFVII in 2023?

Gp1

Steam PC with all mods possible.

the high res backgrounds and the upscaled chibi characters works wonders.
It's the real FFVII remaster

FF7 has both Kabbalistic nods, Gnostic nods and Christian nods, though all of the nods towards Christianity are through a Gnostic lens, particularly the Sethian strain of Gnosticism. I wont go into more so as not to spoil anything, but I think I actually may be able to go into more detail and clarity about this than most of the writing about it I've seen online. Im sure there are a few youtube videos that may give me a run for my money though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Duckstation, or any emulator that can smooth out the 2D backgrounds when possible.

Do not like those "HD mods" which replace the chibi models with the high poly ones, it just completely breaks the games visual makeup.

Sleepwalker

So im fairly deep on the vita og ps1 version (disc 2), just downloaded the ps4 version on ps5 to compare:

Pros:

3x over 1.5x
Can disable encounters entirely
Can basically activate "god mode" and nulify the grind.
Looks a bit better
Trophies i guess.

Cons

Cant 3x speed the cutscenes
Cant skip the cutscenes
While it looks better than the OG, if lacks some charm and it also doesnt look great blown up on a 65" screen
Not portable

Will try the pc version next, but so far im leaning towards continuing on the vita.

Top Bottom