• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita in 2024

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Whilst there is some Vita love maybe someone can help?

My Vita has an old PSN log in of mine that doesnt log in - I've long since forgotten the password or even the email address it was registered to so cannot reset password but it also seems I cannot add / create a new PSN account? It always defaults to the one I cant remember?

My Vita also is modded but not soft-modded so the CFW is permanently on the system, I dont have to keep re-enabling it if that makes sense or any difference?

If I factory reset my Vita is that going to get rid of the CFW? And even if I did, will that allow me to create a new PSN?

Enzo / Enso I think the CFW is.

Last edited:
Love threads like this, I completely forgot about my Vita 1000, just pulled it out from storage, thanks OP.
Hacked it a few years back, gonna fill it up with PS1 classics to take to our Japan trip next month.

pM3fhgM.jpeg
Bit dusty at your place I assume...

nial

Gold Member
Love the vita, I have both models and the pstv, it's the last good thing PS put out before they became Soy-ny of Commiefornia
Kids these days just repeat le funny buzzwords from 4chan. Even you would need to understand that PS4 was released way before that.

My Vita has an old PSN log in of mine that doesnt log in - I've long since forgotten the password or even the email address it was registered to so cannot reset password but it also seems I cannot add / create a new PSN account? It always defaults to the one I cant remember?

My Vita also is modded but not soft-modded so the CFW is permanently on the system, I dont have to keep re-enabling it if that makes sense or any difference?

If I factory reset my Vita is that going to get rid of the CFW? And even if I did, will that allow me to create a new PSN?

Don't worry about it, you can always sign in with any other PSN account. Format it and softmod that with henkaku. Just careful linking it to your main psn account in case you want to play/link trophies for games you might not have purchased. To be honest, best keep disconnected from any PSN really.

I had a similar issue with mine once where my nephew logged into PSN on it. When I looked into it there was a homebrew app that lets you remove PSN accounts from the Vita, so I just used that and replaced his with my own. You should be able to do the same if the Vita is at least softmodded for homebrew. I'm at work at the moment so can't check my Vita to see if I still have it installed unfortunately

Nitty_Grimes

I had a similar issue with mine once where my nephew logged into PSN on it. When I looked into it there was a homebrew app that lets you remove PSN accounts from the Vita, so I just used that and replaced his with my own. You should be able to do the same if the Vita is at least softmodded for homebrew. I'm at work at the moment so can't check my Vita to see if I still have it installed unfortunately
Thanks I did try that - Simple Account Switcher I think its what you are referring to?

I couldn't get it to work, when I went to the section my existing user name (that I can remember the password nor email for) was still there.

EDIT: and doing a search for it now just throws up loads of 404 errors or I'm not clever enough to look in the right places.

Last edited:
Thanks I did try that - Simple Account Switcher I think its what you are referring to?

I couldn't get it to work, when I went to the section my existing user name (that I can remember the password nor email for) was still there.

EDIT: and doing a search for it now just throws up loads of 404 errors or I'm not clever enough to look in the right places.

Having checked my Vita I still have the app installed that I used for my issue. The one which worked for me was the ONElua Account Manager

DeepSpace5D

Still have my Oled Vita. Haven’t used it in a while, but I love gaming on it when I do. Platinum’d Muramasa Rebirth on it plus all of its DLC and it was glorious. Mine is not modded or anything, just stock, but maybe I should look into that.

Nitty_Grimes

Still have my Oled Vita. Haven’t used it in a while, but I love gaming on it when I do. Platinum’d Muramasa Rebirth on it plus all of its DLC and it was glorious. Mine is not modded or anything, just stock, but maybe I should look into that.
It certainly helps by being able to use a SD card for starters.

StereoVsn

Yep, I love the device and have AssCreed white OLED and a nice blue 2000 series. Plus 2 Vita TVs (got second one like for $50 when they were clearing them out).

I haven’t been playing it much lately so need to dust it off and play some Muramasa or one of the numerous RPGs. SDCard mod is a must though as Vita larger memory cards are unreliable.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Sucks that emulation is still practically non existent for the Vita. I was actually tempted to buy one, but the prices are ridiculous.

Kupfer

I think he means emulating Vita on other devices, not emulators on vita.
Ah can be.
Without workarounds regarding the front/back touchscreen, the partially necessary camera integration and the motion sensor, I don't see much added value in emulating the Vita anyway.
With a DS4 or DS5 it could work and at least for the PSTV there are workarounds to play games like Uncharted and just skip the part with the camera implementation IIRC.
There's just something special about playing a real PS Vita game from the cartridge on a real Vita.
My hacked Vitas only run ports, PS1 and PSP games and not Vita games.

Three

My hacked Vitas only run ports, PS1 and PSP games and not Vita games.
I haven't used my Vita for a while since I finished most of the backlog of Vita games years ago. I just went down the rabbit hole though and I was surprised to find there is a Dreamcast emulator out there now

Might boot it up to test it.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
What's going wrong?
I honestly don't know. I have the PSTV set up so that it recognizes external files, but it doesn't install the suprx files needed to run most games. It also isn't bricked because i can do ENSO hen just fine.

Top Bottom