• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP BoJack Horseman - AKA 'Why is this asshole horse so relatable'? [FULL SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I love about the show is that they only say "fuck" once per season and it's always signaling someone important leaving Bojack's life.

In season 1 it is Herb telling BoJack to "Get the FUCK out of my house."

2 is Charlotte telling him "If I see you again I will FUCKING kill you."

3 is Todd and his "it's you" speech, with "Fuck, man. I don't know what to say." I love how low-key and resigned that one is compared to the others.

What's really funny is to preserve the Integrity of this rule they broke up Diane's cursing when she found out that she was pregnant into "Motherfu-" and "Ker!" Between episodes

Yeah, and using it so little gave the word so much power.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Because we're all assholes that want to be relatable? I cried so much from
Sarah Lynn's death

jstripes

Banned
One of the episodes I was so impressed by was the underwater episode.

They managed to pull off all that emotion with nearly no intelligible dialogue.

Aurongel

One of the episodes I was so impressed by was the underwater episode.

They managed to pull off all that emotion with nearly no intelligible dialogue.
Yeah, everything about that episode felt clever and genuine to me. I hated the first season of this show but the second and third seasons are some masterclass material.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
"I don't hate the troops! Just this one! And I don't even really hate him, I just disagree with him about the muffins!"

I still chuckle at that entire episode.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Bojack's a great show.

One thing I really like about it is how it takes a serious, serialized overaching story and combines it with a mix of sitcom style comedy a la It's Always Sunny and the absurdist, nonsensical comedy of something like Cow and Chicken (best characterized by the greatest BH character, Vince Adultman).

And it works! It's a weird mishmash of different styles, but it actually works somehow.

Bronx-Man

Banned
sub-buzz-31589-1469296923-1.jpg

Zelias

Banned
I recently went through all three seasons of this show. It pulls no punches when it comes to depression and existential dread and I love it for it.

Well it's pretty much the best "TV" I've ever seen. The thing is I don't know how to sell it to anyone. The full gravity of the whole thing doesn't grip you until you've invested some time in it, so people willing to give it a try dismiss it as a silly cartoon show after the first 1-2 episodes.

Kthulhu

Well it's pretty much the best "TV" I've ever seen. The thing is I don't know how to sell it to anyone. The full gravity of the whole thing doesn't grip you until you've invested some time in it, so people willing to give it a try dismiss it as a silly cartoon show after the first 1-2 episodes.

Just tell people to sit down and watch the first season, and to stick with it. If they trust you enough, they'll do it.

Dryk

I feel like I like it more than Rick and Morty.
Rick and Morty is more on the "comedy with sad drama bits" end of the spectrum and Bojack is more on the "sad drama with comedy bits" end. Though obviously they shift as they go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom