• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Banjo64

cumsessed
Bought on Wii U, only played a handful of levels.

Just finished watching the credits roll on Switch.

I’m not unlocking World 7.

Really fun game, some of the stages are simply amazing and the platforming is spot on. I loved the gameplay mechanics in this game.

I wasn’t prepared for some of the boss fights though. Some real unexpected difficulty in parts of this game.

Music is 10/10.

200.gif

GymWolf

The only thing i know is that some people compared the music of this one to the ost of dk1-2-3 and when i listened the whole thing i was like

dc4.gif

Night and day difference even if the composer is the same (i think)

Last edited:

Tangerine

Great game. Maybe I'll boot it up again, as I completed it once when it released on switch, so it's been a while.

Robb

Gold Member
One of RETRO’s best for sure, probably my second favorite game from them after the original Prime. And the OST is just sublime.

Really sucks that we haven’t gotten a third installment.

nicktwilight

Neo Member
One of the best soundtracks you can hear in a game.The visuals,game design and platforming really blend into each other and make you feel how soulless other similar games are.Its also pretty challenging and has a lot of content to sink your teeth into.Its really hard to choose between this and the timeless donkey kong country 2 but maybe this wins it for me.

Top Bottom