• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Prey (2017) - This game might be a masterpiece. I don't know.

Sentenza

It's really good. A great 3D Metroidvania.

Gamers done messed up by not supporting this game better.
It's not really a Metroidvania, though. It hardly shares a single thing with the formula.
It's a textbook immersive sim, on the other hand. And a damn good one at that.

Last edited:

Ywap

Though they were in an assist role, Young Blood didnt turn out so good eh

What was good in Youngblood was the level design imo. and i suspect Arkane had a lot to do with that considering their previous work. This is pure speculation but i suspect neither team wanted to do a co-op game but was forced to do this by Bethesda.

Imagine what a great single player Wolfenstein game a collaboration of these two teams could yield :)

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I bounced off it, honestly the combat annoyed me. Maybe when I'm finished with Kingdom Come Deliverance I'll get on it.

angelic

Banned
I adored it. Took 37 hours to finish it, really really took my time exploring. It's bordering on a modern System Shock, and felt like a gift to me from the developers. Only cost me £5 too.

I loaded the game up just to test something and ended up replaying the whole thing for a second playthrough. I went for no upgrades this time. I still haven't used any of the alien skills at all.

Convinced a friend to buy it and he loved it too, but now they're interested in System Shock 2 so I might end up doing that game coop.

Tempted to buy Mooncrash but it was on sale for 75% off a month ago so why bother. Don't think there is much else that will scratch the same itch. Strangely I think REmake 2 is the only other modern game that tickles the same area for me.

kPrgbVi.jpg

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
Just finished it on "normal" difficulty.
Really good game. It grew on me. I was tempted to just drop it around half-way point thinking
"this is just a bad version of Dead Space" but it grew on me,
It is different from DeadSpace (which is a game I love) but I definitely think it can stand proud by itself.

It was good, I enjoyed the story. I enjoyed the voice acting which was solid
and I enjoyed the variety of the optional side missions. They were all different and none felt like "this is just a re-skin of the previous 500 side missions" that you find in too many games these days.

I would highly recommend this game to anyone that has not yet played it and like games such as DeadSpace.
Note, this is a very different game than DeadSpace but it has some similarities.

Will I replay it? Not sure. Probably not. My backlog is too long and while it satisfied me it did not hook me the same way DeadSpace did, which I played through at least 4 times, I think,

My score: 8/10 a really good game.
(One weapon, when fully upgraded, combined with one specific ability is way too OP though. Turning the game at that point into a "yawn, another mini-boss. Ok, no worries I will just wipe it out without breaking a sweat." :-( They should have caught that in QA and nerfed it significantly. )

Last edited:
Top Bottom