• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Remnant: From the Ashes

SCB3

So the sequel is out soon ish and this is a game I've been meaning to check out and I wrapped up Final Fantasy XVI earlier this week and my Destiny Raids are all done, lets try this out finally, the sequel is looking fantastic

EDIT: it seeme dot have posted without my first paragraph so:

I've played an hour and half or so, got to grips with the shooting and the weird blob enemies so far and going through some sewers, I seem to be focussing on my Health and enemies can overwhelm you hard. Also took down a couple of bosses, enjoying this so far but it is lacking any sort of guidance where to go other than "Explore the city for a lead"

Last edited:

SCB3

So you didnt even start it yet but the thread is up and kicking lol
Wtf it missed a paragraph,

So anyway, I've played an hour and half or so, got to grips with the shooting and the weird blob enemies so far and going through some sewers, I seem to be focussing on my Health and enemies can overwhelm you hard. Also took down a couple of bosses, enjoying this so far

I ended the night on a boss called Shroud, some crossbow shooting asshole with a bunch of slow moving enemies, the fucking bleed proc is brutal in this game, I couldn't figure out how to stop it, I did manage to beat it but only because someone joined my game and helped, a cool feature in any game imo

Last edited:

SCB3

Playing a bit more today and the game is doing a really poor job of guiding me on what to even do now, the only objective I have is to "Explore the city, maybe it has some answers" now usually that would be fine but its usually a lot more obvious on what it is I'm looking for even, I did find a few what I think are sub mission areas (marked in red on the mini map) that do lead to small boss fights and areas, am I just supposed to go clear all them out?

I did however find a big subway area at the end of the map as well that also contains this marker, so I guess I'll do that first

Last edited:

SCB3

Ah I think I'm getting the progression system a bit now, so I looked up a guide on where I needed to go and found this map:

78376-60..jp

This is giving a kinda guide on it, it wasn't very clear but there are clues that you are given to find areas, it reminds me a lot of Dark Souls in that sense of not knowing the actual way to go but rather feel it out, however with a lot of the game being random layouts its kinda confusing.

Still this is the area I'm on now, the Choking Hollow or Ash Yard it seems

SCB3

After beating the Ent boss, this game has now turned into Returnal... fuck...

On the plus side, I have some cool new boss weapons

Playing a bit more today and the game is doing a really poor job of guiding me on what to even do now, the only objective I have is to "Explore the city, maybe it has some answers" now usually that would be fine but its usually a lot more obvious on what it is I'm looking for even, I did find a few what I think are sub mission areas (marked in red on the mini map) that do lead to small boss fights and areas, am I just supposed to go clear all them out?

I did however find a big subway area at the end of the map as well that also contains this marker, so I guess I'll do that first

Puzzles and exploration are obscure in this game.

Just check map for areas still foggy, and go there to see what you find.

SCB3

Puzzles and exploration are obscure in this game.

Just check map for areas still foggy, and go there to see what you find.
Yep been doing that, now that I figured out the loop between areas its making more sense, in a desert area now and found a cool side dungeon where I was losing health unless I got kills and ended up with a cool Flail that is basically 2 skulls on a chain, thats awesome!

SCB3

Found the hardest boss I've faced thus far: Ixillis

Basically 2 flying Bugs that shoot out these really annoying corrosive bubbles, slow shooting weapons suck on this boss, still took it down, returned the Heart to the Undying King and got the Labyrinth key and now onto a Jungle!

SCB3

Getting towards the end of the game now and finding these Story bosses it getting rough and annoying in a sense cause I have no idea what I'm evening looking for other than a way to a Prison

Getting towards the end of the game now and finding these Story bosses it getting rough and annoying in a sense cause I have no idea what I'm evening looking for other than a way to a Prison

Wait till you face the final boss. Will probably need a guide to figure out.

Dynasty8

So playing Remnant 2 right now and just shocked how good it is. I'll be picking this one up after I'm done with Remnant 2.

SCB3

And complete!

That boss was a bit of a puzzle but look at my Avatar - you think this is my first Raid boss?

So quick review:

I liked it, it did some things really well and the combat was a joy to use guns, I rarely needed to use anything but the Handgun and Hunting Rifle though, the other guns, even the boss weapons, pale compare to these.

The summons really carried me through trickier areas but once off the first few areas the enemies were not much of a threat on Normal. The story was interesting and the art style is really fascinating, I can see 2 carrying that on well

The only downsides I can think of is that lack of knowing where you kinda need to go, I'm fine with a game dropping you in, but they also need to have some kind of guidance other than "Explore", even Dark Souls has this with the Graveyard Area near firelink serving as a "Come back later" area. And the Consumables and mod systems are kinda shit, they were not needed almost at all outside of 1 or 2 things

Overall a Solid 8/10 I think, not perfect and not bad either, well worth a play

winjer

Gold Member
And complete!

That boss was a bit of a puzzle but look at my Avatar - you think this is my first Raid boss?

So quick review:

I liked it, it did some things really well and the combat was a joy to use guns, I rarely needed to use anything but the Handgun and Hunting Rifle though, the other guns, even the boss weapons, pale compare to these.

The summons really carried me through trickier areas but once off the first few areas the enemies were not much of a threat on Normal. The story was interesting and the art style is really fascinating, I can see 2 carrying that on well

The only downsides I can think of is that lack of knowing where you kinda need to go, I'm fine with a game dropping you in, but they also need to have some kind of guidance other than "Explore", even Dark Souls has this with the Graveyard Area near firelink serving as a "Come back later" area. And the Consumables and mod systems are kinda shit, they were not needed almost at all outside of 1 or 2 things

Overall a Solid 8/10 I think, not perfect and not bad either, well worth a play

Did you do the DLCs? For these you have to start an adventure.

And if you think Ixillis was hard, wait until you fight the Iskal Queen, in the Swamp DLC.
I only beat her once, and it took a team of 3 very well armed and upgraded fighters. And even them we took a serious beating, until we finally managed to win.

Sleepwalker

I beat it a couple years ago on an xbox one S playing coop with a friend, the performance seemed very rough but I put up with it and had a very fun time, can't wait to get onto the sequel.

SCB3

Did you do the DLCs? For these you have to start an adventure.

And if you think Ixillis was hard, wait until you fight the Iskal Queen, in the Swamp DLC.
I only beat her once, and it took a team of 3 very well armed and upgraded fighters. And even them we took a serious beating, until we finally managed to win.
I'll be skipping the DLC for now as I wanna move on to other games I'm playing, but maybe before I pick up 2

Top Bottom