• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Man that 3d effect so good

Shiggy

Finally played this after getting it from the Humble Bundle. Surprised how well it plays for not being a Nintendo title. Didn't have any issues with the title yet, nor did I ever feel they tried to artificially increase the game's length. Now at the final boss (the
tower
leading to that was challenging).

And I realise: I really dislike long boss battles.

Wonko_C

Finally played this after getting it from the Humble Bundle. Surprised how well it plays for not being a Nintendo title. Didn't have any issues with the title yet, nor did I ever feel they tried to artificially increase the game's length. Now at the final boss (the
tower

I read the bold as: "Only Nintendo games play well", LOL.

Stopdoor

tower

It's a great excuse to use all the consumable items you've probably been hoarding up to that point though, they trivialize the fight if you come prepared.

Shiggy

I read the bold as: "Only Nintendo games play well", LOL.

For 2D platformers, that's pretty much my opinion :p

It's a great excuse to use all the consumable items you've probably been hoarding put to that point though, they trivialize the fight if you come prepared.

I bought a lot of auto-potions (is that what they are called in the English version?) for the final fight.

Shiggy

It's a great excuse to use all the consumable items you've probably been hoarding up to that point though, they trivialize the fight if you come prepared.

So with using some of the bubbles and spikes, and being fully equipped with potions, the final boss was rather easy. Neat game, looking into playing more Shantae in the future!

javadoze

Finally got around to playing this. It's definitely much better than Risky's Revenge: no more confusing 2D plane-switching and the focus on smaller islands was really needed.

Despite that, I still don't quite understand the acclaim around this game. Compared to its brethren, it's a pretty by-the-numbers 2D platformer.

Morts

I forgot I was playing this. I feel like I got to a world where the difficulty spiked radically, then I decided it was bullshit and promptly lost interest. It was quite good up until that point though.

Top Bottom