• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Sonic 06

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think Shadow's better than Sonic 2006.

I think Sonic 2006 essentially The Room'd Anth0ny's brain. Look at how much fun we have watching other people suffer through the game. We could watch pokecapn's LP countless times because the team playing is fun to listen to. We can watch two people like Sega1991 and ShockingAlberto run through it for charity for hours. We love seeing mods like the Beloved Dog and the Pigeon in action. We can even make a Sonic 2006 LTTP thread several pages long because of discussion with regards to how bad/hilarious it is. We can even watch 2D remakes of the damn thing in action.

Like it or not, Sonic 2006 is an utterly captivating game. It may not be fun to play (I don't think it's fun to play at all, even while intoxicated), but it's exciting to watch.

EuroMIX said:
A while back I deleted my save and replayed intending to A-rank everything and then I started trying to get every possible route, but I stopped for a bit. To be fair, once you've mastered the missions themselves, the only real punishment is how time-consuming it is.
I cannot even fathom...

How?

Why?

Persona7 said:
Wait, people actually liked sonic colors?
I loved Sonic Colours.

Boogiepop

Is there a particularly good LP out there of Shadow? I've watched through Pokecapn for 06 and Unleashed, but I haven't properly seen the terror of Shadow yet.

Anth0ny

I can barely remember Sonic Colors and I played it less than a year ago.

um...

I liked Planet Wisp's music. that's about it.

I think Shadow's better than Sonic 2006.

I think Sonic 2006 essentially The Room'd Anth0ny's brain. Look at how much fun we have watching other people suffer through the game. We could watch pokecapn's LP countless times because the team playing is fun to listen to. We can watch two people like Sega1991 and ShockingAlberto run through it for charity for hours. We love seeing mods like the Beloved Dog and the Pigeon in action. We can even make a Sonic 2006 LTTP thread several pages long because of discussion with regards to how bad/hilarious it is. We can even watch 2D remakes of the damn thing in action.

Like it or not, Sonic 2006 is an utterly captivating game. It may not be fun to play (I don't think it's fun to play at all, even while intoxicated), but it's exciting to watch.

That's what I've been trying to say!

-Didn't encounter a single game ending glitch during my entire playthrough

Now really ..try The lottery .. or any luck based game where you can bet money ...

you are one of the luckiest of the few ..

At least you got normal glitches ...

TheOGB

Banned
Like it or not, Sonic 2006 is an utterly captivating game.
That's what I've been trying to say!
Yeah, I'm inclined to say that Anth0ny's not
as
crazy
as we make him out to be
. I've already voiced my interest in experiencing the game (but not playing it, obviously), so there's at least some merit to what he and Schala are saying.
But he's still clearly insane, as are most of us ITT; we're fans of Sonic (to some degree)

Edit: found a more thorough post with quotes from that thread. LOL.

1. So Sonic games should be all about running in a straight line and jumping occasionally?

All games evolve.

2. Well, Half Life 2 didn't really use physics for the core gameplay. The Silver levels do.

post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-PnJ4.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
woah why is this thread on the front page

shadow the hedgehog lttp coming soon
Remember: You have to beat the game 326 times, as per the requests/instructions on the previous page:

anth0ny here's a deal for you

you can get to say that sonic 06 is a better game than colors and unleashed, IF, and only if, you unlock everything in the library in shadow the hedgehog

deal?

Toad.T

Banned
If ET 2600 is the Plan 9 of gaming, then this is the Manos: Hands of Fate of gaming. No one would say that it's a good game in and of itself (Braces for incoming 50 paragraph post about how this game is good, my mother wears army boots, how I fap to trees, etc...) but through it's horridness it becomes something majestic. (In how it fails, at any rate.)

Or perhaps it's more of the Birdemic of the gaming world. Don't wanna sully Manos's good name, don'tcha know.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
how is this a thing
Because Iizuka decided that there would be 326 paths to get through the game since he's the director, lead game designer, level designer, scenario writer, and scene direction guy.

10 alignment-based endings
4 different pure endings (pure hero, pure dark, pure neutral, true ending)

You brought this on yourself.

Top Bottom