• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasarts about Wii lightsaber:"There’ll be some stuff out this Fall"

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I agree with mellowbob. It doesn't sound like something they're seriously focused on like Force Unleashed (which was revealed a long ass time ago). There is still time for them to reveal it at E3 though so maybe they are putting effort into it. We'll see.

Bildi

MaddenNFL64 said:
Anyone remember when LucasArts was asked this same question months ago? They said it was unlikely.

I wonder what changed their minds...?
FAH300A312M.jpg

Bildi

Battersea Power Station said:
Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo just begged them to make this game.
I had a feeling I used the wrong pic :/ Just meant money from the large install base and the fact that every man and his dog thinks such a game would be a good idea.

Bildi said:
I had a feeling I used the wrong pic :/ Just meant money from the large install base and the fact that every man and his dog thinks such a game would be a good idea.
And I new the point you were trying to get across -- I was just being an asshole. I should stop that.

Bildi

Battersea Power Station said:
And I new the point you were trying to get across -- I was just being an asshole. I should stop that.
It's the GAF way dude. Posting the wrong pic should ALWAYS result in merciless stoning. I would expect no less.

Jammy

Banned
It makes too much sense (like a Pilotwings and Jet Grind Radio game) on the Wii. I just hope that they put/have put ample amount of time into the game. Like Red Steel 2, I think this game could be huge if it got good reviews.

justchris

Mudhoney said:
I hope I'm underestimating the Wii Remote's capabilities. From the games we've seen so far the closest thing I have seen to 1:1 object waving motions is the bat in Wii Sports baseball. Hopefully it's just a matter of developers getting new tools and understanding, and Lucas Arts really is all over the dream of lightsaber Wii controls.

That's not really a problem though. 1:1 controls on the Wii are actually incredibly easy. There's no processing or logic involved, just mirror the information the Wiimote transmits. Getting an object to move 1:1 with the Wiimote is easy. The problem is then making every other single object in the game interact properly with that one, essentially dynamic, object. It's an exponential increase in complexity.

If they announced an awesome looking lightsaber FP game at e3, it would be the best e3 moment since Twilight Princess unveiling.

Deku

Banned
It could go either way. On one hand I'm glad to see something Star Wars related that may possibly use sword fighting Wii sabre style. On the other hand, the game might be mediocre. And I would much prefer it be a Lego Star Wars type anthology of great Jedi battles as opposed to trying to fit some EU content into a made up Jedi character. I believe the latter is probably what is going to happen.

DSWii60

(after glancing at the first couple of posts) E3 Lightsaberton announcement for confirmed 07 release :eek:

(after reading OP properly) Ah, Lego Stars Wars port with Wiimote shaking = using lightsaber confirmed for 07 release.

CaVaYeRo

I guess this means:

1. They're working on something that doesn't play too accurate ATM. 2008 Lghtsaberton confirmed.
&
2. LEGO SW IS tha fall game he's speaking about.

Top Bottom