• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD Due Out on Nintendo Switch Summer 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD launches on Nintendo Switch during the summer of 2024, Nintendo has announced.

Nintendo revealed a new trailer for the game during today's Nintendo Direct.

Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD launches on Nintendo Switch during the summer of 2024, Nintendo has announced.

Nintendo revealed a new trailer for the game during today's Nintendo Direct.

If they announced games with today with release dates up to Summer of 2024 then that's it. Luigi's Mansion 2 HD has to be last "flagship remaster" filler before Switch 2 is released in the Fall. Expecting a full Switch 2 reveal in Spring with a possible tease this Winter.

They literally squeezed out every game possible from now to all the in the Summer. Usually they do it quarterly, but in here they practically covered 3 whole quarters. This is the end of the Switch.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
This seems like a full remake, the frame rate doesn't convince me but it's great to have it on Switch. There are a handful of games I'm saving for next Nintendo platforms so this one may be one of them

Ozzie666

Honest question, I have only played LM3 and I thought it was a great game. I played it during lockdowns right after Last of Us 2. LM3 was a great palette cleanser.

Would it be difficult to go back to LM2 HD and enjoy it? Kind of like going from Persona 4 to 3.

Andyliini

Honest question, I have only played LM3 and I thought it was a great game. I played it during lockdowns right after Last of Us 2. LM3 was a great palette cleanser.

Would it be difficult to go back to LM2 HD and enjoy it? Kind of like going from Persona 4 to 3.
It could be difficult, considering LM2 was originally made for 3DS, and therefore was designed to be playable in short bursts. You do not have a free reign over the mansions, instead E. Gadd sends Luigi on missions, where you have access to certain parts of the mansions. It's a good game, but clearly made for portable play.

Moses85

If they announced games with today with release dates up to Summer of 2024 then that's it. Luigi's Mansion 2 HD has to be last "flagship remaster" filler before Switch 2 is released in the Fall. Expecting a full Switch 2 reveal in Spring with a possible tease this Winter.

They literally squeezed out every game possible from now to all the in the Summer. Usually they do it quarterly, but in here they practically covered 3 whole quarters. This is the end of the Switch.
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
By far the most fun LM ever was.

I really don’t care for the borefest that is LM1, ever since it first came out. LM3 is one of the most creative games out there and it looks fantastic, but it does drag on at times. The general gameplay of the series benefits enormously from having shorter, more focused levels rather than one big place to wade through at Luigi’s glacial pace.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

We still lack Luigi’s Mansion 1 and Zelda’s Wind Waker as tentpole ports, but they could be released as cross generation HD remasters I guess.

CGNoire

Pitty i could never get used to the weird tank right stick controls for the flashlight. Shit needed to be absolute not relative for this game the way it is used here.

Marvel14

Banned
How does LM2 compare to LM3?

I enjoyed LM3, but wasn't blown away by it. 8/10 for me

I liked LM2 more than LM3....it's more self contained but it feels more cohesive.

LM3 made me want to collect lots of cash only to realise too late there was nothing to do with it....

If memory serves LM2 has better ghost variety too....

MLSabre

Ahem, okay, I couldn't have been more wrong. Don't judge graphics on low res 3D screens.

Emulator vs new footage:
Looks to be resolution bump, smoothening models, and touching up the textures. A decent presentation update.

Bridges

By far the most fun LM ever was.

I really don’t care for the borefest that is LM1, ever since it first came out. LM3 is one of the most creative games out there and it looks fantastic, but it does drag on at times. The general gameplay of the series benefits enormously from having shorter, more focused levels rather than one big place to wade through at Luigi’s glacial pace.
Interesting to see this. Luigi's Mansion 1 is one of my all time favorites, but Dark Moon lacked so much of what made the original fun to me. I hated the linear mission structure, the change to the flashlight mechanics and the ghost/boss designs (they were so good and interesting in the first game! In Dark Moon they are so generic). Just overall it felt off, it wasn't the sequel I wanted at all.

I'm glad others enjoyed it though. I'm never going to get the kind of sequel I want but maybe if this sells well they'll port the first game again too.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Interesting to see this. Luigi's Mansion 1 is one of my all time favorites
What can I say? I even borrowed the 3DS version of LM1 from a friend when it came out and nope, still a snoozefest. Just to clarify that I did play the game again after the GC era, so I’m not judging it on fuzzy memories and my taste from when I was 20 years younger. Yeah, the bosses may have been cooler in concept, but never in execution.

Top Bottom